2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - Day 1

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was a very solid skate by Anna (who is musical and has many lovely qualities), but it just didn't do anything for me. The choreography, although not as egregious as some by her choreographer, has lots of unnecessary kicks/etc. The difference in jumping technique was also readily apparent, skating after Liza.
Yet she still almost surpassed Liza's TES despite the gorgeous 3A? Like WTH? I don't get it.

Anyway, good luck to Rika!

MaggieLin

On the Ice
Once again, Anna has proven that she can pull it off when it matters (aka in competition) despite horrible practices...
So proud of her!

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Yet she still almost surpassed Liza's TES despite the gorgeous 3A? Like WTH? I don't get it.

Anyway, good luck to Rika!
Anna's backloaded combo helps some. (Liza doesn't do a backloaded combo.) As well as Anna does a +3Lo combo and has all level 4 spins.

Also Anna's programs are designed to get PCS points. She has transitions on top of transitions. Like Anna is only 3 points behind in BV despite the 5 points difference between a 2A and 3A because of how her program is composed.

And then Anna doesn't lose ANY PCS points.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Ahhh so it must be a back injury after all. She took out the bielmann which is a first from her :eek2:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Other than the wonky 3A (What a lean!), that was a great performance by Rika! I really like this program, and she is coming out of her shell more and more. There are lots of great choreographic moments on musical accents. I love the one-handed cartwheel too! :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
s-l400.jpg

that's what that dress remind me of...(having a catholic education can mess with your head)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Solid skate Rika, except for the 3A that she seems to have lost a bit this season.
Below Kaori I guess?