3.S/B
Pairs: 1.P/T
2.D/D
3.I/B

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Faiella/Scali will win easily, and Samuelson/Bates will beat Pechalat/Bourzat.

lmarie086

Medalist
I hope that P/B will skate better than at SC, but I'm not sure if I think it would be enough to be ahead of F/S. I do think it will be enough to stay in front of S/B though.

I hope that PJ Kwong doesn't predict Johnny for the win, because I will be coming after her if she jinxes him.

Also hoping that Ponsero keeps it together this time!

enlight78

Medalist
i predict the American Ladies will all get URs and wrong edge take-roffs. That may be true, and they deserve the penalties, but it just seems no one else gets such drastic mark downs. Am I delusional?

Mira from canada

I think my predictions would have a better chance of being correct if I pull names out of a hat.
Mens
Ponsero
Oda
Weir
Mura
Kevin
Carriere

Womens
Nakano
Mao
Akiko
Ashely
Laura
Mirai

Last edited:

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Ladies,
( This is not my personal taste or favorite, just my impression of who may win )

1. Mao ( my guess is that her last result will give her even more fire. )
2. Yukari
3. Ashely or Mirai

Each person’s “good ones “ is always subjective.

I hope that PJ Kwong doesn't predict Johnny for the win,

Me, too. :laugh: LOL.

I won’t make a prediction for men.

Turtleberry

Rinkside
Ladies

Asada-I think that she will figure things out
Nakano-If Mao doesn't figure it out, she could win this.
Lepisto-I think that she gets underestimated by a lot of posters here. She's not a sure pick, but I feel that she is a safer bet than Nagasu who may still be suffering from that injury or Wagner who I think is often overestimated (sorry for such negativity; now watch her prove me wrong). If I were looking for a dark horse, though, I would go for Akiko Suzuki who is due for a breakout performance.

Men

Oda-I believe (does he?)
Weir-Probably the safer pick for Gold but that means nothing this season.
Carriere-A clean Ponsero could beat him, but I'll never bet on Ponsero being clean. Carriere, on the other hand, is proving to be a pretty steady performer.

Pairs

Dube/Davison-They've proven to be vulnerable but Pang/Tong are the only ones that could challenge and they seem to be on the decline right now so...
Pang/Tong
Inoue/Baldwin

Dance

I think Faiella/Scali will win easily, and Samuelson/Bates will beat Pechalat/Bourzat.

I agree with this assesment. I only wish that I had said so sooner so that I would look like the genius (or the fool) instead of the copycat. :laugh:

Faiella/Scali
Samuelson/Bates
Pechalat/Bourzat

Bennett

Record Breaker
Ladies

Lepisto-I think that she gets underestimated by a lot of posters here. She's not a sure pick, but I feel that she is a safer bet than Nagasu who may still be suffering from that injury or Wagner who I think is often overestimated (sorry for such negativity; now watch her prove me wrong). If I were looking for a dark horse, though, I would go for Akiko Suzuki who is due for a breakout performance.

Men

Oda-I believe (does he?)
Carriere-A clean Ponsero could beat him, but I'll never bet on Ponsero being clean. Carriere, on the other hand, is proving to be a pretty steady performer.

I agree with most of the things you said here!:agree: I agree that Suzuki may do well and actually feel that Suzuki may be an even safer bet than Lepisto.
I also feel that it would be really cool if Ponsero is clean because he is fab.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I predict that the Ladies event will be a big surprise. I can't tell you who, how and why. Just a feeling.

axalteke

Rinkside
I predict that the Ladies event will be a big surprise. I can't tell you who, how and why. Just a feeling.

I agree with you ! Do you know, how did Tarasova say about Mao Asada ? She says : About working with Mao Asada : It is not easy to work together with anyone. If you work to train the most powerful – you should take on your own shoulders too much more. To work with Mao even doubles by far such difficulty, because she have grown much taller and continues growing up still, … in an article.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that P/B will skate better than at SC, but I'm not sure if I think it would be enough to be ahead of F/S. I do think it will be enough to stay in front of S/B though.

S/B scored 175+ at SA, while P/B scored only 159+ at SC. Maybe P/B can improve by 16 points, but one would think S/B have also improved after 5 additional weeks of practice.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I agree with you ! Do you know, how did Tarasova say about Mao Asada ? She says : About working with Mao Asada : It is not easy to work together with anyone. If you work to train the most powerful – you should take on your own shoulders too much more. To work with Mao even doubles by far such difficulty, because she have grown much taller and continues growing up still, … in an article.

Yes, I've seen the article. It was interesting! Thank you

Ladies

It's Asada to win or Nakano to take that away. Lepisto is well mentioned in this American/International Forum. She gets nothing but praise and a few corrective criticisms. Unlike the tiraids between Asada v. Kim which gets a lot of attention in this Forum. Wagner is basically a newbie, and not expected to podium in this contest. I agree Suzuki could be the dark horse here. We'll see soon.

Men

Oda-I believe (does he?)
You got it. but any slip by Oda will give Johnny the gold. Carriere should look bronze. However, I'm a big PONSERO fan and it's just hopefully.

Pairs

Dube/Davison-They've proven to be vulnerable but Pang/Tong are the only ones that could challenge and they seem to be on the decline right now so...
Pang/Tong
Inoue/Baldwin
I don't judge skaters on their last competition. So Pang/Tong could bounce back, but Dube/Davison will also be contenders for gold here. No other team gets to me.

Dance

Faiella/Scali
Samuelson/Bates
Pechalat/Bourzat

As I said, I do not base predictions on the last competition. I agree with your 1st place but I would put Pechalat/Bourzat as silver. S/B are fine skaters but it seems to me that next year will be their gold seeking season.

Thanks for giving your reasons and not just your opinions.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
S/B are fine skaters but it seems to me that next year will be their gold seeking season.

No, not next season, but the post-Olympic season.

However, at NHK S/B are not a gold candidate anyway. They could very possibly pass P/B for silver because a) their programs are much better than P/B's and b) S/B's execution of the programs exceeds what P/B seem able to do. Remember, S/B beat the Kerrs in the FD at SA.

Final Flight
Dance:
1)Faiella/Scali
2)Samuelson/Bates
3)Pechalat/Bourzat

Pairs:
1)Pang/Tong
2)Dube/Davidson
3)Inoue/Baldwin

Ladies:
1)Asada
2)Nakano
3)Wagner

Men:
1)Carriere
2)Ponsero
3)Weir

casken

On the Ice
No, not next season, but the post-Olympic season.

They could very possibly pass P/B for silver because a) their programs are much better than P/B's

They are? S&B have probably the most generic FD of any of the top 5 teams from any GP event.

I can't argue with S&B's technical abilitiy(that's the only reason they beat the Kerr's in the FD at SA), but P&B's FD has way more detailed, original, and thought out choreography. S&B's FD is just last year's FD to different music.

As for the point difference between P&B and S&B, people seem to forget that P&B collided into each other on a twizzle sequence, fell on a footwork sequence, and fell on a transition move at SC, all of which was detrimental to both the TES and PCS.

fierceyuna

Match Penalty
Ladies

1. Yukari Nakano
2. Mao Asada
3. Lepisto

I think Mao will get the silver again. From TEB, I see that she has too many serious problem w/ her jumps. For example, she has trouble w/ the lutz jump, jump combination in both SP & LP. She even not able to stand on her foot for a single salchow. I think mistake like that will haunt her and it will be really difficult for her to overcome. I think she will continue to make the mistake with her combo jump again at NHK. So, I predict she will win a silver.