senior men short program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

senior men short program

jcoates

Medalist
Hall of Fame inductions coming up next. will take about 15 minutes before next groups. New ice will probably be worked in there somewhere.

jcoates

Medalist
Inductees
Sonya Klopfer Dunfield (skater and coach)
Nancy Meiss (judge)
Majorie parker smith (dance, pairs and fours) and joseph savage (dance) and pairs 1st US dance champs; both deceased
Vera Wang (skater and designer)

Scott and Dick are helping with the presentations

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know he was on the team for the olys for NBC, and I want to say he was there at nationals last year... I would assume he's working with them again this year... though he was not a part of the Skate America coverage.

jcoates

Medalist
I know he was on the team for the olys for NBC, and I want to say he was there at nationals last year... I would assume he's working with them again this year... though he was not a part of the Skate America coverage.

that's true, but Tracy Wilson was not at SkateAmerica either and she is in Cleveland this week.

BTW there was a hysterical interview with a little brother of a skater in the audience just now. He had the crowd rolling!

casken

On the Ice
Just checking in.

Scott Smith has withdrawn? That's really too bad. He a solid all around skater who never archived as much as he probably could have, but really seemed motivated to continue on by his strong freeskate at Nationals last year.

I wonder if we'll see him again or if this was it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes, but NBC had no desire to show the dance competition at SA... so that makes sense that she was not there. why pay someone to commentate when you aren't going to show their event ?

jcoates

Medalist
yes, but NBC had no desire to show the dance competition at SA... so that makes sense that she was not there. why pay someone to commentate when you aren't going to show their event ?

True but I also think another reason is that Tracy wears so many hats these days. I think she called the whole GP season on Canadian tv along with their nationals. I think the only thing she's not covering is Olympics for Canadian tv. She also runs that rink in Ottawa with Brian Orser. She may only have time to work for NBC on a part time basis now. It may work out well for both of them.

MissCleo

On the Ice
that's true, but Tracy Wilson was not at SkateAmerica either and she is in Cleveland this week.

BTW there was a hysterical interview with a little brother of a skater in the audience just now. He had the crowd rolling!

I wonder if it was Melissa Telecky's brother. My feed is horrible so I only heard snippets. I thought i heard "Bowling Green". I know Melissa is from around northwest Ohio, and from the way the kid mentioned Alissa Czisny, I figured it wasnt her relation.

jcoates

Medalist
Group 3 getting ready to take the ice

Nicholas LaRoche, All Year FSC #10
Parker Pennington, Winterhurst FSC #11
Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC #12
Eliot Halverson, Ann Arbor FSC #13
Johnny Weir, SC of New York #14

jcoates

Medalist
I wonder if it was Melissa Telecky's brother. My feed is horrible so I only heard snippets. I thought i heard "Bowling Green". I know Melissa is from around northwest Ohio, and from the way the kid mentioned Alissa Czisny, I figured it wasnt her relation.

Possibly, he corrected the interviewer by saying that the program's listing of his sister's home town was a misprint. :)

Group 3 is on the ice.

redhotcoach

On the Ice
True but I also think another reason is that Tracy wears so many hats these days. I think she called the whole GP season on Canadian tv along with their nationals. I think the only thing she's not covering is Olympics for Canadian tv. She also runs that rink in Ottawa with Brian Orser. She may only have time to work for NBC on a part time basis now. It may work out well for both of them.

Tracy Wilson and Brian Orser are the skating directors of the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club in Toronto, Canada --- not Ottawa --- TCSCC is the home rink of world renowned choreographer David Wilson and training site for Yu Na Kim!

BTW Thanks for the PBP guys! Wow fiercyuna has her bum in a real knot !!!:laugh:

Last edited:

kate

On the Ice
Review of the standings:

Abbott 86.40
Lysacek 83.59
Carriere 69.36
Rogers 64.13
Wong 63.40
Rippon 62.22
Brewster 60.23
Steenberg 59.77

kate

On the Ice
Nicholas LaRoche (announcer says Fiesta Flamenca...but sure sounds like Moonlight Sonata to me)

3S nice
3A weird bent legs position in air, but completed
3Lz+3T nice, but too close to the boards (looked like that was the reason for the turnout)
CiSt slow and boring
CCoSp4 with the easiest positions possible
He looks like Mr. Clean...
SlSt definitely better than CiSt, but very simple
CSSp3
FSSp4 a little slow.