Pairs SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mukhortova / Trankov's SP is mesmerizing. The hauntingly beautiful music, great choreo and they really skate it well. Great skate!!!:clap:

2nd! the Chinese actually had higher PCS by a hair. the triple twist did it..they were just slightly behind in TCS as well.

gold12345

Medalist
I knew they did, I read the article as well. She is a young ambitious athlete, but a bit unrealistic. They haven't skated 2 clean programs back to back all season long and she hoped for a medal??

Who has skated 2 clean programs back to back all season? They figure if they skate clean, they'll be up there, and they will. They scored a 53 with not even close to a flawless skate- there was the fall, the pitched forward landing on the throw, and I think they are going to get a lower level on their twist as well. They will score in the 60s with the top teams when they skate a clean short. I don't listen to Sandra Bezic, but the general hype around these two is deserved. They have several qualities that other teams just don't have. There just needs to be more time and patience with them.

On another note, I loved M/T's program! Beautifully done.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank heavens Masha & Max were clean! I can be at peace for now. I so dream for them to win! :love::bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Re: Media Hype - it's not just an American thang. Considering Canada has pushed their team and has high hopes for Team Canada... Russian media does the same... it's hardly *just* a US thing. Being in America we, naturally, see the US bias more than other teams...

that being said the US commentators have rarely been known to be objective when it comes to their favorites (be it a team bias or an individual bias).

herios

Medalist
I don't intentionally mean to come down on them per se. It's just myself being an American and watching the commentators on tv grossly over-hype our skaters by saying they are the best in the world (Sandra stated "M/B have the best lifts and throws in the world") when the reality is they are quite inconsistent and untested on the senior stage that irks me. US media also did this with Ashley Wagner hyping her to be a potential World medalist last season heading into her very first Senior Worlds, and we all know how that turned out. I know they are trying to hype the sport in America to try and improve our tv ratings and public interest, but let's be honest with ourselves, at least. I have no doubt there is room for improvement with Keauna and Rockne, but they need time as all skaters do to reach such heights and success.

There you go:rock:

You should replace Bezic in the booth, because she sucks!

casken

On the Ice
Pang/Tong

SBS 3 toes - good but she jumps so much smaller than him
3 twist - BIG!
Throw 3 loop = BIG!
Lift - good
Spiral - Nice positions!
Combo spin - uneven speed
sbs - unison problems - Who's idea to put it at the end?

Lost a little at the end.

3rd is fair.

oxade21

Match Penalty
That is a low score of P/T. If only M/T could keep it together in LP. Yet that's not gonna happen:(

Medusa

Record Breaker
Do I smell downgrade in P/T's score? But it would be kind of high for a downgrade. They probably got dinged on sbs spins, because if there were ever sbs spins out of sync - those were. Their sbs jumps were also out of sync, she landed way earlier than he did, but I thought she made the rotations.

casken said:
sbs - unison problems - Who's idea to put it at the end?
I know! It's like their worst element ever, how about putting a throw last - they haven't had a fall on them for ages.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW! Pang/Tong is behind both Zhang/Zhang AND Mukhortova/Trankov! Who in the world saw that coming? :eek:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Davis Gaines singing the Star Spangled Banner - had much "work" done?

OY, that was cringe worthy ... back to skating

herios

Medalist
2nd place, 66.88...good score...ooh, pang/tong next!!...*crosses fingers*

Skated clean, but only third. The sbs jumps are not in unison like the Zhangs or Muk / Tra, that is one thing I picked up as could give them lower GOE than the others in front of them.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i agree that it was bad chreography putting the spins last. their strengths are the throws and twist....leave that in the judges minds.