Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Medusa

Record Breaker
Medal hopes??? They are debuting at worlds. Aren't the expectations way too high for them? They will have a lot of good years ahead of them. Medal at the first outing is rarity.
Well, they have talked about it.
Without thinking about just the medals, we know that, if we go and we skate really well and we put out two really solid performances, that we have the ability to be on the medal stand

Tinymavy said:
DARN IT! those stupid salchows. I think that Rockne is more likely to show nerves because of his age..at 16 she is just happy to be there. They are way behind. very small chance of making the top 5 even.
Well, actually 16 is a pretty good age to start showing nerves. It always differs from person to person, but 16 is not an unusual age.

gold12345

Medalist
MB did really well for their first outings. I'm really impressed with their speed and attacks. They look much better live. Let's not be so down on them guys.

I absolutely love them and thought the rest of the program was well skated.
I just know they can do better than this. But that's okay, it is only their first time here and I keep having to remind myself that they are very young and inexperienced compared to the rest of the top pairs. She hasn't messed up on the sal in the short this entire season, so that's why it was a little bit of a bummer.

Well, actually 16 is a pretty good age to start showing nerves. It always differs from person to person, but 16 is not an unusual age.

Agreed. If you're already a 2 time National Champ, there are nerves. You want to do well. These two have big goals, so I'm sure they always put pressure on themselves to do well.

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
I think this is the best SP I have seen from Z/Z, and they got the spins so well! I liked it a lot.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Their elements were all incredible, outstanding quality, but I think that compared to M/B the Zhangs just look so slow and laboured. And this is a SP that brings out the best in them - I think it's way worse in the LP.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MB did really well for their first outings. I'm really impressed with their speed and attacks. They look much better live. Let's not be so down on them guys.

I don't intentionally mean to come down on them per se. It's just myself being an American and watching the commentators on tv grossly over-hype our skaters by saying they are the best in the world (Sandra stated "M/B have the best lifts and throws in the world") when the reality is they are quite inconsistent and untested on the senior stage that irks me. US media also did this with Ashley Wagner hyping her to be a potential World medalist last season heading into her very first Senior Worlds, and we all know how that turned out. I know they are trying to hype the sport in America to try and improve our tv ratings and public interest, but let's be honest with ourselves, at least. I have no doubt there is room for improvement with Keauna and Rockne, but they need time as all skaters do to reach such heights and success.

Last edited:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
I enjoyed Zhang and Zhang's loooong death spiral and pair spin. Finally, a pair spin with some speed and a nice position for her in a catch foot spin. Me like!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i can't wait to see this Zhang SP. Usually they are not well like by Goldenskaters...must be pretty good. S&S will have to be clean.

casken

On the Ice
Of course my internet craps out and I miss the Zhangs and most of M&T, who look to have skated well.

herios

Medalist
Mukhortova / Trankov's SP is mesmerizing. The hauntingly beautiful music, great choreo and they really skate it well. Great skate!!!:clap:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I would give the lead to M/T - simply because they have more flow and more presence. But somehow the catch on the twist tends to look rocky, despite the fact that she has incredible height and the throw was somehow tentative, flawless - but not great height or anything.