Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

seniorita

Record Breaker
So first quad was landed in 1988 but the first quad in Olys was 10 years after in 1998?How come they didnt try it in previous two?

schiele

Final Flight
So first quad was landed in 1988 but the first quad in Olys was 10 years after in 1998?How come they didnt try it in previous two?

Im guessing the usual combination of nerves and risk aversion. Besides I don't think quads became a household jump (so to speak) until Elvis started landing them left and right, even in combination.
I may be wrong tho cos I was young at the time and can't remember it very well so feel free to correct me..

jennylovskt

Medalist

According to the Wikipedia that Buttercup provided, Min Zhang (CHN) lands a quad toe cleanly at the Winter Olympics, Lillehammer in 1994.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yes i read that too (not in russian, lol) , mishin doesnt say much about his condition...

Weee, it just occured me, as we are heading there, who is gonna make the 2000th post?:biggrin:
Once upon a time Ant had beaten me and had sneaked in to do the 1000th, so who is gonna make this one? Ant I know how much you want to but stay clear :unsure:

I just saw now the 1000th post is on 980 number, who deleted 20 sacred posts in the sacred thread?:unsure:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
? I don't think anything has been deleted... unless a poster deleted their own posts.

seniorita

Record Breaker
well i dont know what happens but moreover in the afternoon my post was like 1940-45 but as I see now this thread is going backwards by itself...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

so 25 now and 20 before, 45...by now we would be approaching the 2000:think:
Is it Caroline's fans?We have a rivalry??!?? :boohoo:

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
well i dont know what happens but moreover in the afternoon my post was like 1940-45 but as I see now this thread is going backwards by itself...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

so 25 now and 20 before, 45...by now we would be approaching the 2000:think:
Is it Caroline's fans?We have a rivalry??!?? :boohoo:

Maybe it is Sasha's fans. :scratch:
But watching this clip it is easy to see how much Plushy loves Sasha :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knzuonNEMHU

I think it was barbaric to make pretty Sasha skate outdoors in such cold , inhuman weather. Even penguins would not be happy in such a place ;) :laugh:

plushyta

On the Ice
:)
http://www.kp.ru/online/news/587368/

The rumor about the operation which had Plushenko, turned out as mistake
In fact, a famous skater received an injection

We phoned up the wife of Evgeni's, Yana Rudkovskaya:
- "Actually, not was operation", - assured us Yana. - "Evgeni felt a pain in the knee, and he received an injection."

Alexey Mishin, commenting event, said that on the West such an injection called a "mini-operation". But the journalists, the word "mini" missed, and finally, because of this inaccuracy, harmless therapeutic manipulation "transformed" in the "operation".

:clap: :party2:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh thanx plushyta, Mishin said in his statement minor operation and procedure, what is this injection supposed to do?
Still i m worried about his knees as the load of training increases...

and too bad my snow fluffy kitten was accused of jinxing:laugh:
Maybe it is Sasha's fans. :scratch:

yeah, no probably it is the penguins, cause he upset them!

plushyta

On the Ice
Oh thanx plushyta, Mishin said in his statement minor operation and procedure, what is this injection supposed to do?
Still i m worried about his knees as the load of training increases...
Journalist write, that MIshin this said :p

Of course, there was a strain, but it seems not so difficult, that had to do surgery ;)

Go, Plushy, GOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :rock: :agree:

P.S. penguins :rofl::rofl::rofl:

plushyta

On the Ice
B thanx for quad wikipedia link, very interesting stuff!
I noticed the last sentence
glaugh.gif
.... and if anyone noticed this? ;)
  • Evgeny Plushenko (RUS) lands a quad-triple-double-double :laugh: (quadruple toe-triple toe-double loop-double loop) at the World Championships.

Obviously, Plushenko has the abilities to make an artistic program with high level jumps. Anyone remember an NBC interview with Scott Hamilton before men's skating back at 2002 Olympics? Scott called Plushenko an artistic skater.:) But somehow, Plushenko viewed that wasn't challenging enough to him. He wants to persue more challenge..
Or he just had a "bad experience" with more artistic programs in the past .... with the judges? ;)
Last two times when he lost, lost with Nijinsky :indiff: ... well, first time - because he had too many jumps. :biggrin:

I just saw now the 1000th post is on 980 number, who deleted 20 sacred posts in the sacred thread?:unsure:
I noticed the same, even a month ago :unsure: - that lacks the many pages (in my account, we should long time ago to overcome 200 pages on topic) ... but I thought that admins joined some posts in a row, something like that.... :scratch:

I'm glad that I experienced Plush first hand during his rise in the ranks year after year and remember vividly what kind of skater he is. Because honestly, I find it hard not to admire him. Even if he decides to drop everything in his programme (again) and go for some crazy jumps (as long as he doesn't hurt/kill himself in the process), I'll be totally fine. He's won my admiration for good, no matter what he does from now on,....
Thank you for this which you write, because I can not with my bad english :agree: :bow:

P.S. Nadine does not need to praise - her posts are always so beautiful :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Did Plush jumped 4-3-2-2 in Worlds 2001?I dont remember that...I have to look the program back.
I remember in russian nationals (his last ones) that in exhibition he jumped 3-3-2-2-2-2-2...2 something:p

Last two times when he lost, lost with Nijinsky :indiff: ... well, first time - because he had too many jumps. :biggrin:
and second time because he had too few:laugh:
No, he was just not in good form in Euros 2004, didnt skate well ;)

I noticed the same, even a month ago :unsure:
This thread does it its own way I guess, adds and subtracts posts by itself depending on its mood. :laugh:We talk about personality of a thread :rofl:

plushyta

On the Ice
Did Plush jumped 4-3-2-2 in Worlds 2001?I dont remember that...I have to look the program back.
No - "just" 4-3-2 ;) ... the first time at some World Championship! :clap:

I remember in russian nationals (his last ones) that in exhibition he jumped 3-3-2-2-2-2-2...2 something:p
Ah..... Tosca :love:

No, he was just not in good form in Euros 2004, didnt skate well ;)
Because Edvin go too far, and drank him with Hungarian wines! :scowl: :rofl:

This thread does it its own way I guess, adds and subtracts posts by itself depending on its mood. :laugh:We talk about personality of a thread :rofl:
This thread is "alive"! :eek: :chorus:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Can you even jump a 4 jump combo in competition by the way?

Ah..... Tosca :love:
No it was a russian song in exhibition, maybe the same as Rostel Gala?;)

Because Edvin go too far, and drank him with Hungarian wines!
this is true or gossip?:unsure:
Lately it's experiencing growth spurt. :laugh:

LOL!Good one! :laugh::laugh::laugh: The puberty monster hit Plushythread!Where is Medusa now to completely freak out?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
... but I thought that admins joined some posts in a row, something like that.... :scratch:

thankfully everyone has gotten better on this thread and you all haven't posted back to back to back lately... keep up the good work :laugh: