Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged

Canastatango

Rinkside
I think all the problems come from arrogance of Yuna and ATS. I could not get over when Yuna claimed that Japanese skaters were obstructing her warm up. I mean what did she think she was. I guess she felt she was the only one who had to experience that disturbance on the ice because she was the greatest, so she claimed that everyone was after her. I was extremely disgusted by that. But Japanese side was so classy that they did not make a big deal out of it and let the whole thing cool down. I have a feeling that Yuna and ATS feel that everyone including Brian has to listen to them. Maybe Brian did not agree what they demanded. So they disrespectfully let him go. But Brian is not quiet. He will say what he needs to say to the public. And I am glad that he did.

stevlin

On the Ice
I hope Yuna is not turning into a brat. A Diva on ice perhaps? Her layback spin is ugly with the leg off the ice just dragging along [bad position]. Plus she needs to get rid of her sideburns.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I think all the problems come from arrogance of Yuna and ATS.

Yuna and ATS were inexperienced in dealing with this type of matter. But arrogant? Hardly.

ATS is a new company that has been in existence for less than 6 months. I think people need to realize that and give them a break. They were not yet equipped to deal with this kind of media play.

As for Yuna, I ask you, what would YOU do if someone was bad-mouthing your MOTHER publicly? Yeah, I thought so. I admire Yuna for her character as much as for her beautiful skating.

chloepoco

Medalist
Yuna and ATS were inexperienced in dealing with this type of matter. But arrogant? Hardly.

ATS is a new company that has been in existence for less than 6 months. I think people need to realize that and give them a break. They were not yet equipped to deal with this kind of media play.

As for Yuna, I ask you, what would YOU do if someone was bad-mouthing your MOTHER publicly? Yeah, I thought so. I admire Yuna for her character as much as for her beautiful skating.

I think someone already mentioned, several hundred posts ago, that when your mother and your agent are one and the same, there are some things you need to learn to put up with.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)daniel.. you've made several references to the fact that Tracey has said nothing , and that perhaps this means only Brian was upset /mad. ( sorry, I know that's a rough paraphrase ). I've pointed this out before, pages and pages ago..and perhaps others have as well : Tracey has a broadcasting contract with CBC and also with ( at least) one of the US networks. They probably wouldn't want her to be publicly commenting on the situation, ( Looking back on the CBC /Toller fiasco of years ago, there may even be an actual clause in her contract that she has to be careful to interpret judiciously.)

:laugh:Or if they decide it would be OK for her to air her perspective they'd probably want it to be with them, during the season...:laugh:

Last edited:

ilfs

Rinkside
"I don't coach nobody with no ugly sideburns"

What's wrong with the sideburns, it goes with the "tough broad ?"(as mentioned by someone earlier) look..

YunaBliss

On the Ice
link please ...

It was a sad attempt at a joke by Mathman, who was trying to make an off-topic trolling "on-topic"....

Stop telling a lie M!

I will restate what Brian did say on the record, in reference to Yuna's new long program.

"It's a fantastic program, by far the best one I've seen. It is well beyond even her Concerto in F [which set the new world record at the Olympics]. It's a complete departure."

source: http://www.universalsports.com/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=490379.html

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
It was a sad attempt at a joke by Mathman, who was trying to make an off-topic trolling "on-topic"....

Stop telling a lie M!

!

I thought it was funny....... and that his intention was the opposite of what you wrote.
But just wondering - has anybody noticed how many Elvis sightings have been reported in Toronto the last few years? Since Yuna has been living there?

No... not that Elvis .......this one:

http://www.lovers-poems.com/elvispresley.jpg

Now those are sideburns! And what a costume! Even Johnny would be envious :laugh:

Last edited:

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Canastatango
I could not get over when Yuna claimed that Japanese skaters were obstructing her warm up. I mean what did she think she was. I guess she felt she was the only one who had to experience that disturbance on the ice because she was the greatest, so she claimed that everyone was after her. I was extremely disgusted by that. But Japanese side was so classy that they did not make a big deal out of it and let the whole thing cool down.
Yeah... Except that Yuna didn't even say a word "Japanese". But Japanese side was so classy making a scandal out of it and demanding explanations :)))

Mathman
"I don't coach nobody with no ugly layback, and for sure I don't coach nobody with no ugly sideburns!"
A triple negation in one phrase. You burnt out my logic...

colleen o'neill
you've made several references to the fact that Tracey has said nothing , and that perhaps this means only Brian was upset /mad. ( sorry, I know that's a rough paraphrase ). I've pointed this out before, pages and pages ago..and perhaps others have as well : Tracey has a broadcasting contract with CBC and also with ( at least) one of the US networks. They probably wouldn't want her to be publicly commenting on the situation, ( Looking back on the CBC /Toller fiasco of years ago, there may even be an actual clause in her contract that she has to be careful to interpret judiciously.)
Maybe... But the fact is that no one confirmed what Brian said. So we can't believe him more than we believe ATS. And their words often contradict each other. Which means we can't even say if ATS was disrespectful to him before he went public with interviews and so.

YunaBliss
Actually, what Yuna did with her letter was really noble... She knew that her side is not the strongest, but she preferred to protect her mother than stay silent. And she didn't insult anyone there, just explained her position...

NMURA

Medalist
Honestly, most of the patriotic Americans must be happy with Kim's retirement. Now they have better chances to recover three spots and a world medal. Other countries (JPN RUS FIN CAN GER, et al) also have no objection. I expect HUGE scores for Asada at every competition to scare Kim away from Tokyo worlds. In the first place, those rule changes are intended that way.

Last edited:
I'd be very sad if Kim retired! She's such a glorious asset to skating. I don't think patriotism necessarily dictates which skaters one supports. For example, I'd have been thrilled if Takahashi had won the Olympic Gold even though the U.S. had a contender in the competition (who turned out to win, of course). I certainly didn't root for any of the current American pairs over Shen and Zhao at the Winter Games--there's no comparison in quality. Of course I feel a spurt of national pride when an American wins (as I did when Lysacek won), but great skating knows no national boundaries. And Kim is, make no mistake, a giant in the field, as is Mao. (I root for and love both.) If Kim left, I don't think it would automatically open up a spot on the podium for an American. It would just diminish the excitement of the current skating scene.

I'm sure there are fans who don't see it as I do, but I'm equally sure there are many fans who share my opinion in this matter.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Honestly, most of the patriotic Americans must be happy with Kim's retirement. Now they have better chances to recover three spots and a world medal. Other countries (JPN RUS FIN CAN GER, et al) also have no objection. I expect HUGE scores for Asada at every competition to scare Kim away from Tokyo worlds. In the first place, those rule changes are intended that way.

ROFL. I find it quite comical to see such blind nationalism in some people in today's global age... are you honestly asking the best athletes in this world to retire early so athletes from YOUR country can have more success?? That's patriotism? LOL.

NMURA

Medalist
ROFL. I find it quite comical to see such blind nationalism in some people in today's global age... are you honestly asking the best athletes in this world to retire early so athletes from YOUR country can have more success?? That's patriotism? LOL.

I'm sorry, nationalism is the pillar of all Olympic sports. Fans don't make judgings and rules. The interests of ISU member federations decide them. The BEST athletes can adapt to any rules. We'll see that...

I'm sorry, nationalism is the pillar of all Olympic sports. Fans don't make judgings and rules. The interests of ISU member federations decide them...

True, but I do not see how this supports your contention that "most partiotic Americans must be happy" about it. "Most patriotic Americans" are not ISU member federations.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
True, but I do not see how this supports your contention that "most partiotic Americans must be happy" about it. "Most patriotic Americans" are not ISU member federations.
nor do we want our athletes winning without the top contenders. Where is the excitement in that.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll admit to some patriotism regarding my interest in skating. I want, and always have wanted, to see the American ladies do well, and now that the American ladies are no longer the best in the world, the highlight event of the season for me is no longer Worlds but US Nationals.

Still, that said, I really don't care if Kim retires or not. I don't care enough for her skating to really miss her if she goes. I figure, if our girls want to win, they need to rise to the occasion and beat her. So far they haven't done that. But I hardly think getting Kim "out of the way" will be enough. Because even without her, there's still Asada, up-and-coming Russian girls, Lepisto, Kostner, Ando- they all regularly finish above most or all of the US women. The American ladies just need to do better, simple as that.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
i dont want Yuna to retire, it would be one step less interesting without her cause she is an extraordinaty athlete, uness she is not happy with it anymore, then it is better to rest than be not inspired by it like worlds.