2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 68 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

guanchi

On the Ice
True. He will have a Schuba like legacy. Probably one that ushered in wholesale rule changes with a set of disgraceful wins. Although she is far more legit than him as atleast she excelled at one aspect of the sport that was the most important for over 100 years.

Oh man, that is harsh, though I get your point.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
You wouldn't believe it. She was holding her nose for a minute. Blood on kleenex. Blood on her hand. I was like, crap crap crap. This headcase is going to explode.
The Brits were like, oh mother, FML, that kind of things.
The audience did a small little clap. People were getting nervous. I think they think she's going to blow her brain out and ruin Osmond's chance.
Then, she did a pow wow with her coach. Then the Brits said tension can help stopping the nose bleed.
Then she skated around the ring with her hand pressed up her nose.
I was leaking!

Then she got into her opening pose. Looked calm down. I wish I was as calm. Then she landed the 3Lutz. Then I peed my pants. :)

Definitely better than my recap.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Ksenia Makarova maybe isn't looking so bad anymore. And whatever happened to sink Alena Leonova's ship so quickly over the course of one year?!

There was one jump in the Kim slo-mo which was cheated around 1/4 (I guess a little less since not downgraded, or maybe panel missed it). But they only showed it from the waist up. Anybody knows which one this was? My best on the solo salchow.

ETA: Ah nah not salchow, that was ok. Based on how her body is moving, it was the solo lutz.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
:laugh:

This post. Your honesty. I love it.

I'm pretty thrilled by the results of this competition.

But in terms of being slightly nationalistic... Zijun makes me so, so proud to be (ethnically) Chinese! Her FS was beautiful!!

Zijun underperformed all year but I always thought she had a HUGE potential! and that's at 16 years of age! amazing! :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
This was the most underwhelming performance from Yuna I remember seeing. Great jumps but the program was meh. She deserves better choreography.

The nuances of the program came out really well for me this time. I enjoyed it a lot, whereas her "flawless" performance of it at Korean Nationals was flat for me. When you skate with such perfect flow and speed like she did, though, that always helps things too. So good.