2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

UnChosen

On the Ice
This is why I said earlier in the thread that Pang/Tong is totally out of medal contention. They have to first fend off all the skaters closely below them (which they did), then they have to beat S/K (which have home advantage even if they didn't skate clean), and then hope for S/S to implode and NOT get gifted.

On well, this is one boring Olympics. I look forward to the worlds where we'll probably see a Sui/Han vs S/K duel assuming all the big names retire.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This is true. Pang & tong should have beaten both S&K and S&S in PCS tonight. The judges lowballed their PCS to make sure they would stay behind S&K when they didnt have to as they still would have been. The lowballed PCS of P&T denied them the bronze to S&S in the end.

S&K should have beaten V&T in TES tonight too btw and didnt.

:thumbsup: Yup, exactly.

SGrand

Final Flight
Russian audiences' behavior made me sick. Hope IOC will do some evaluation after this so-called OG.

The same throughout the Team Event too. It's not only disgusting, but also very disheartening. I feel for every skater that is not Russian. Ugh! Shame on them. :(

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Did some of the Russian audiences laugh loudly when Robin fell? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I think I heard it.

no, you're not wrong - and they'll probably laugh at mistakes of everyone who can put their skaters out of medal zone, but God forbids that someone will laugh at their skater's mistakes...

LisaS

On the Ice
Does anyone think that Ksenia Stolbova looks exactly like Paget Brewster Emily Prentiss from Criminal Minds

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
DRAMA BUTTON DRAMA BUTTON DRAMA BUTTON. Time to get out of here.

giphy.gif

TO THE BUNKER. *ducks*

Sackie

Medalist
And things were set up in the short -especially with regards to the PCS. P/T were behind in the short so they had to get lower PCS marks. When was the last time we saw a pairs events where there wasn't some kind of movement between the short and the long programs. The biggest jump we saw here was 2 placements.

Big Lob

Spectator
They were indeed exciting. Interestingly, this team has never been to the World Championships! I think they were extremely lucky to have K/S not be able to compete and coming in as the #2 Russian Team. Of course, solid performances help the cause.

I don't know anything about figure skating to be honest, just felt more like a 'performance' to me, more a show, so I felt at ease watching them more than anyone else.

Becki

Medalist
The standing is correct but K/S getting higher PCS than S/S and P/T is ridiculous.

ITA! I mean if K/S got the PCs they deserve, they'll still be second. That's the only thing I am sour about. And also V/T had monster scores but little mistakes here and there.

With that said, I am happy with the standings based on the performances.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
ROTFL no that is you loser still whining about Chan losing the LP at the GPF (when he still would have clearly lost the event) months later like the pathetic no life creep you are. I am not even the most vocal on this thread about S&S's gifted medal and it doesnt bother me much as I fully expected it given their history. However unlike your typical "own little your own loser World" whining about the GPF LP result with almost nobody else talking about, the NBC commentators were outraged at S&S's bronze, and as you can see most posters on this thread. I was only remarking on the irony of the pointless talk of V&T's scores, when it is S&S who have a series of hugely controversial wins and medals in big events in their career (not as much as your belvoed Chan, but probably the most held up pair in the last decade) while V&T still have absolutely none.

It's okay. There, there. I know it hurts right now that your beloved P/T didn't podium. ;)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It's because the judges lowballed P/T's PCS to give silver for sure to the Russians.

I am not arguing that the russians didn't deserve silver, but that P/T's PCS were lowballed is undeniable IMO.

I fear we'll see the same thing again in ladies. Carolina Kostner will be lowballed on PCS. Kim and Asada are also in danger.