2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Anyone have an idea when the last two groups will be on? Wondering if I'll be able to make it back home in time to see at least the last two groups :(

Warm up for group 4 is supposed to begin 21:37:30, Sochi time

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Well good bye Liam. So sad. And because he skated first no quality points for his pcs. He tried his best I am sure but we can't all have stellar debuts - still this was pretty bad. A skater with no quad must land his or her jumps or at least only stumble on the triple axel. Hopefully better luck will be with the other skaters.I wonder how he feels??? Canadians and Americans rarely have such problems qualifying - though I do think skaters like Czisny have been held up. This makes vaughn Chipeur's efforts look much better in vancouver where and when he barely qualified.

At least Firus is only the third Canadian guy, so they probably expected more of Chipeur, being the second guy chosen over Sawyer and Reynolds. I can't help but wonder how Jeremy Ten would have done...

Angela V

Rinkside
Well good bye Liam. So sad. And because he skated first no quality points for his pcs. He tried his best I am sure but we can't all have stellar debuts - still this was pretty bad. A skater with no quad must land his or her jumps or at least only stumble on the triple axel. Hopefully better luck will be with the other skaters.I wonder how he feels??? Canadians and Americans rarely have such problems qualifying - though I do think skaters like Czisny have been held up. This makes vaughn Chipeur's efforts look much better in vancouver where and when he barely qualified.

Well, I don't think anyone really thought he'd go into the top 24 anyway. So I/m really surprised.

bibi24

Final Flight
wow I was mistaken, MCM definitely better than Chris Caluza.

loved him and the Belgium skater as well

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
Loved Michael Christian Martinez!
I have no idea if he'll make it to the free....but it would be nice if he did.

amateur

Final Flight
Thank you for the explanation! I'm sorry for jumping onto it without knowing the background. Obviously I am a little out of the loop right now.:p I didn't read through the pairs threads. Sorry!

It's ok. No expectation that you should have to know all the background. You'd probably go crazy if you tried to read everything on this board, anyway :)

Angela V

Rinkside
Loved Michael Christian Martinez!
I have no idea if he'll make it to the free....but it would be nice if he did.

I thought he was awesome too! Interesting to learn that his country has only been to the Olympics 3 times and the last I think was 22 years ago!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
RAKIMGALIEV Abzal (KAZ)

Music: Swing Medley by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Black pants, pink shirt, black suspenders

3F+3T - turn in-between, hangs on
3A
3Lo
FCSp
StSq - lots of suspender-switching action!
CCoSP
CSSp

Problems with combo, but no other big mistakes. Still needs a lot of polish and his spins are quite laboured

SP: 34.50+29.68 = 64.18 (PB), in 4th (out of 6)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maybe it's all the doodahfliperry with the suspenders, but that seems more like an exhibition program than a competitive one.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Was that playing with the braces part of the routine, or did he just do it to try to disguise the fact he had to fix them anyway?

CaroLiza_fan