2022-23 Japan National Championships - Women's FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championships - Women's FS

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Do we know if they announce assignments today or tomorrow? I’m so curious about the third spot
Jeez, for the last time, there is NO curiosity! There are three spots, there are three people that qualified. Math never lies!

Anyway, all assignments are announced after all competitions have been completed.

WC - Kaori, Mai, Rinka (did Rinka even finish in the top 12?); not sure I agree with Rinka going.
What is there to agree with? There are qualification standards set in stone, that everyone knows about going into the season. Rinka (who did finish 12th at this competition) qualified. Mai qualified. Kaori qualified. Nobody else did.

You can expressed your displeasure with the rules, but you can't disagree with them. Because they are the rules!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Even if Ami hadn't placed above Mone and Hana she should be the one assigned to JW with Mao
Because they're age eligible and debuting as Senior next season Mone and Hana could benefit more from competing at 4CC
Even placing 9th 5th at 4CC is worth more WS points than a win at JW
With so much talent, I hope assignments are thought out thoroughly and distributed evenly to benefit all of the top Women

Edit: my mistake 5th not 9th (9th is Worlds)

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
They do not break their own rules. Mana would not have gone if she finished fourth, period. Rinka would go even if she finished 24th, because she qualified and Mana didn't.
Hypothetically asking, what would the federation have done if Kaori placed above Rinka at the GPF and the results at Nationals would have stayed the same? Then only two skaters would have even met the criteria for the selection for Worlds.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Hypothetically asking, what would the federation have done if Kaori placed above Rinka at the GPF and the results at Nationals would have stayed the same? Then only two skaters would have even met the criteria for the selection for Worlds.
GPF was just gravy. Rinka also qualified by virtue of being one of the top three ranked Japanese in ISU rankings, and by having one of the top three Japanese international scores on the season (so you can see that the criteria are set so that a bare minimum of three people are guaranteed to pass it)

There were many ways for people to qualify, and everyone else failed at all of them.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Even if Ami hadn't placed above Mone and Hana she should be the one assigned to JW with Mao
Because they're age eligible and debuting as Senior next season Mone and Hana could benefit more from competing at 4CC
Even placing 9th at 4CC is worth more WS points than a win at JW
With so much talent, I hope assignments are thought out thoroughly and distributed evenly to benefit all of the top Women
I agree but I think being world junior champion has a bit more prestige than placing 9th at 4CC
Mone and Hana definitely could place top 5 though, I'd be sad if they end up with no more competitions after this :(

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Final result

Final result page
Protocol
FS result

StNNameSPFSFinal score
1坂 本 花 織Kaori Sakamoto77.79155.26233.05
2三 原 舞 依Mai Mihara74.70145.23219.93
3島 田 麻 央Mao Shimada70.28132.51202.79
4中 井 亜 美Ami Nakai64.07137.42201.49
5千 葉 百 音Mone Chiba71.06129.06200.12
6吉 田 陽 菜Hanna Yoshida59.49137.72197.21
7青 木 祐 奈Yuna Aoki62.48129.41191.89
8櫛 田 育 良Ikura Kushida63.29127.29190.58
9河 辺 愛 菜Mana Kawabe64.51125.93190.44
10柴 山 歩Ayumi Shibayama64.37124.72189.09
11紀 平 梨 花Rika Kihira60.43128.19188.62
12渡 辺 倫 果Rinka Watanabe56.23127.76183.99
13松 生 理 乃Rino Matsuike56.01123.84179.85
14住 吉 りをんRion Sumuyoshi57.38120.65178.03
15三 宅 咲 綺Saki Miyake66.29109.09175.38
16山 下 真 瑚Mako Yamashita54.98117.98172.96
17村 上 遥 奈Haruna Murakami59.23104.53163.76
18竹 野 比 奈Hina Takeno56.15107.34163.39
19横 井 ゆは菜Yuhana Yokoi59.78102.09161.87
20大 庭 雅Miyabi Oba59.77100.17159.94
21髙 木 謠Yo Takagi58.8799.99158.86
22江 川 マリアMaria Egawa52.83105.56158.39
23松 原 星Akari Matsubara52.4599.77152.22
24竹 野 仁 奈Niina Takeno55.4996.65152.14
FNR
25佐 藤 伊 吹Ibuki Satoh52.27----
26本 田 真 凜Marin Honda51.81----
27奥 野 友莉菜Yurina Okuna49.29----
28三 枝 知香子Chikako Saigusa46.73----
29吉 岡 詩 果Shiika Yoshioka44.75----

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Jeez, for the last time, there is NO curiosity! There are three spots, there are three people that qualified. Math never lies!

Anyway, all assignments are announced after all competitions have been completed.

What is there to agree with? There are qualification standards set in stone, that everyone knows about going into the season. Rinka (who did finish 12th at this competition) qualified. Mai qualified. Kaori qualified. Nobody else did.

You can expressed your displeasure with the rules, but you can't disagree with them. Because they are the rules!
I'm wondering. Had it already happened for someone to be sent to worlds while there were 5 senior eligible skaters (4 with minima) in front of them at nats?
And that someone not being a big name.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I'm wondering. Had it already happened for someone to be sent to worlds while there were 5 senior eligible skaters (4 with minima) in front of them at nats?
This would indeed be a first. Perhaps this will get them to re-evaulate the qualification criteria in the future, but that's another topic for another time.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
I agree but I think being world junior champion has a bit more prestige than placing 9th at 4CC
Mone and Hana definitely could place top 5 though, I'd be sad if they end up with no more competitions after this :(
Sorry, my mistake it's actually 9th for Worlds and 5th for 4CC (more points than a JW win)
Definitely more prestige as WJ Champion but I think the fed is already assuming Mao has a better chance to take the title (mostly due to her consistency, 3A and 4T aside)
JW medalists are eligible for a GP invite but there's no guarantee
However, both Mone and Hana's SB scores currently qualify them for the GP selection list
For two GP assignments, they need to earn the most points possible to raise their World Standings before next season
Competing in a Senior level Championship event not only offers more WS points but also affords them the opportunity to increase their SB score due to the inclusion of the StSq in the FS and for Hana, the option to challenge the 3A in the SP

It would be a detriment to both Mone and Hana's Senior debut to end their season now but you never know what JSF might consider

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Since it was brought up in another thread...

If I were to post links to video for each performance would y'all prefer I list them in start order (without scores) to preserve the integrity of the event or by placements/results as I have been doing

Dawn825

Medalist

If I were to post links to video for each performance would y'all prefer I list them in start order (without scores) to preserve the integrity of the event or by placements/results as I have been doing
Either or, links would be amazing!

yesterday

Record Breaker

gosh, that's a hard one (for me) as mostly I know the results (roughly) before. Or I just pick some I want to watch and don't need an order.
but - just to be the best of the best, you could do both tables and put each in one spoiler named "Videos in starting order" and "Videos with results" or something and people can open the spoiler they like better?

(I hope this does not sound like it's a must or that it's bad as it is, cause you are :love2: - it's just a thought that crossed my mind now)

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Oh, it would be the very first time someone finished outside the top 10 at Nationals and was named to the Worlds team. Obviously that means there’s something very wrong with the selection criteria. US Fed had the exact same issue last year with their Olympic team selection and it ended up backfiring and biting them in the butt. I had a lot of things to say about that nonsense and if Watanabe is actually named to the Worlds team, I can just copy and paste what I said back then.