2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think it is Hanyu's to lose at this point. His planned base value is 8 points more than Chan unless he is adding something. He is already 4 points ahead. His GOE will be higher than Chan if both go clean. Chan isnt going to make up like 15 points on PCS, in fact they get almost the same PCS now. I could see Hanyu even having one fall and winning over a clean Chan at this point, and then you consider Chan almost certainly wont go clean anyway as he almost never does, and Hanyu is in great shape.

Coco Usagi

Rinkside
I think the 3.93 gap between Patrick Chan and Yuzuru Hanyu is fair. After all, Chan's landing on his 3A was sloppy; if he had landed that right then he would have been only 1-2 points behind, perhaps even less. That said, I hope whoever wins gold tomorrow does not fall in the long, because the reputation of figure skating will take another nose dive if he does. Regular and non-regular observers of the sport alike always seem to forget about the lead in the short program. Case in point: yesterday's pair skating bronze.

Wow, that 3rd spot on the podium will be a battle royale tomorrow...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OH NO! Tatsuki just doubled the Lutz. There goes 3rd place. That may have even cost him the final group?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
MACHIDA Tatsuki (JPN)

Music: East of Eden (soundtrack) by Lee Holdridge

Black pants, white draped shirt, both with sparkle

4T+2T - hangs onto 4T
3A
CCSp
FSSp
2Lz
StSq
CCoSp

Those two pops are going to cost. I this close field he may place quite low

SP: 40.98+42.50 = 83.48, in 11th (out of 29)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Machida, off to all the guys in the Bronze Battle Royale!

Now, will he be in the final flight or will Jason Brown be with the big boys?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Too bad Machida-great program by Philip Mills who dumped Ashley I guess. MK's iconic music-no mention b/c tara would be miffed.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW! I never would have thought Machida would finish in 11th place in the SP. How disheartening for him! :no::cry: