Jason Brown | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
Jason is getting folks (back) into figure skating! Loads of my friends who don't follow the sport at all are asking me about him, practically raving about him... Take my husband as an example. He's SO not into skating, doesn't know the first thing about it, or care. At least that is how he used to be. He happened to watch Jason's LP with me and shouted louder than me when he fell. I was a bit surprised but thought hey, he just got caught in the moment. Then last night when I was watching the pairs and my husband was doing yoga in the same room, I complimented Ksenia about her skating and said that she totally channeled her ponytail power to be able to do that. I didn't even expect hubby to know what I was talking about. He just calmly & very seriously said "no, that is not possible". Me: "Why not". He: "Doesn't work that way for women. Only men. And even then, only Jason." He's now like his number 1 fan :D

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Josh IS taking suggestions on his Twitter account... ;)

I don't have Twitter or Facebook--I guess that would make me an antisocial media-type huh. Perhaps someone who does can pass the suggestion on to him. If not, I hope you enjoy the music. It's wonderfully quirky. Oh, as when I first signed on here, and mentioned PCO in a music thread, someone told me a skater had used Perpetuum Mobile for an exhibition piece, so I know it would work on ice. Enjoy!

gmyers

Record Breaker
So I was right! All the doubters were wrong! One jump means nothing. People were saying no way top 10! Why? It's so weird.

noskates

Record Breaker
Jason skated a beautiful short program. Would love to see him stay in the top 10. There is something to be said about clean versus quad splat. Couldn't believe he's ahead of Brian Joubert, too. That's pretty cool! Hope he wows them with his long! But if he skates 2 clean programs and doesn't end up in the top 10 that's still a big victory for the guy who was on the junior circuit last year. I'll be proud of him either way.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lovely tribute by Dylan Brown to his brother Jason, after the Team USA bronze medal:

Dylan Brown: My big brother always inspired me, now inspires others

My favorite excerpt:
Jason created a new level of modesty.
As he began on the Junior Grand Prix circuit, when he was 15, Jason started to miss more and more school. This was the first time teacher’s started to really notice his level of skating. When I told teachers about what he was doing, many had no idea how good he actually was.
Jason had never said a word about his talent.
He would even get nervous to tell his teachers he had to miss class for a Grand Prix or any other international event. It’s this genuine modesty that has captured our nation.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I had to defend myself so much here! You only need the most points. Best way to get most points is do the things you are best at. Now watch brown with bronze or more.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
bronze possible but not more. I think a few skaters will get it together in long. I feel bad for jouby. He still is great to watch and was clean. I guess only Plush gets ageing breaks.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
At TEB, we had a podium with Chan, Hanyu, and Brown. Think we'll see a repeat?

I had to defend myself so much here! You only need the most points. Best way to get most points is do the things you are best at. Now watch brown with bronze or more.

Jason Brown's Ponytail just tweeted that it apologizes for having helped Jason make it to the final flight without a quad and for being the scion of the anti-christ.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh, that would be all right. I could live with that. Maybe. As long as Hanyu finished first.

Jason Brown's Ponytail just tweeted that it apologizes for having helped Jason make it to the final flight without a quad and for being the scion of the anti-christ.

Well now, that's the first time I've laughed today.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Do you have a link for that?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'd imagine Alex from past shenanigans. I'm still laughing at Felicia laughing at babies laughing.

I'm laughing at you laughing at Felicia laughing at babies laughing.
I'm also laughing at Alex laughing at Jason. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
NBC's fluff before they go primetime at 8: Jason says he lost ~12 pounds because of the movement in his program. Regarding his costume: "They had to keep taking it in and taking it in"