Jason Brown | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

noskates

Record Breaker
Jason "live" is magical! I'm so glad I got to be in Boston for that LP.

I think youtubes are "in the moment" kind of media. Clearly Jason is "in the moment" right now. Yuna was "in the moment" before. Let's see what comes out of the Olys. It could be someone entirely different that has that moment.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That's what I thought too...but then karne posted the same tweet on FSU but with the note that it was giving her a heart attack. Just curious what prompted such a reaction.

Anyway, karne, I'll let you clarify. :)

Sorry that I misunderstood, Mrs. P. BTW, glad that you and Mr. P enjoyed the peanut butter cups made by Team Kori's sponsor.
So far I have resisted indulging in those, but I can recommend the pouches or jars of their nut butters -- peanut, almond, or hazelnut -- both plain and flavored with honey, vanilla, chocolate, etc. Easier to rationalize as healthy on some level. ;) [Once in a very long while, my local Whole Paycheck (LOL, I had never heard that apt nickname) offers them at a discounted price as a weekly special -- or as you said, the brand is available elsewhere.]
To our friend karne :): no worries if you are baffled by what Jason and we Americans are happy to eat. LOL, for us, Vegemite -- which I like as well -- remains a curiosity and acquired taste. ;).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The problem with the Vegemite was found many years ago - Americans like their spreads thick, apparently - and you really can't do that with Vegemite. Last year when NASCAR went to Watkins Glen - which Marcos Ambrose, the Australian, was heavily favoured to win - the presenters did the Vegemite thing. They really globbed it on, and you knew what was going to happen before it did...

Anyway, Kori's tweet had me worried that Jason was having a bad/overwhelming practice day. But I believe in Kori's superpowers, so I'm not so worried anymore.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, Karne...

Do you remember that first cut of Riverdance you posted very very early in the season? I think the YouTube police came after you...

Anyway, even back then, in it's very raw/unfinished state, you could tell it was going to be something special. It was so much fun to watch it unfold as the season went on.

I remember there was an opening intentionally doubled jump which we felt was the placeholder for a 4Toe. I'm glad Kori decided to leave it out and focus on the performance aspect of the program. Her influence was a good thing, as things turned out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I do remember, TontoK. It's on my computer still...hmmm. ;) But you didn't hear it from me ;)

I think he left the placeholder 2T in for Glacier Falls as well, and then they abandoned it - maybe they genuinely thought it was going in for the GPs and then realised that it wasn't going to make it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks person who shall not be named!

And the Jason "Riverdance" marathon is complete! Do it! It's fun. :)
Broadmoor Open (June 2013)
Glacier Falls (Aug. 2013)
Nebelhorn (Sept. 2013)
Skate America (Oct. 2013)
Trophee Eric Bompard (Nov.2013)
Nationals!! (Jan. 2014)

I do remember, TontoK. It's on my computer still...hmmm. ;) But you didn't hear it from me ;)

I think he left the placeholder 2T in for Glacier Falls as well, and then they abandoned it - maybe they genuinely thought it was going in for the GPs and then realised that it wasn't going to make it.

I think it was a case of determining what would have the best returns. The jump might have been close enough to include it (it looked REALLY close) had they decided to do it a la JGP last year with the 3A (obviously the jump wasn't QUITE there, but enough for full rotation); however given that it's an Olympic year AND Jason's first senior international season, they may have decided that they were better focusing on getting Jason comfortable for the complex choreography and making a good impression with a cleanish performance. Obviously I agree with TontoK that Kori made the right decision.

Also an update on the "peanut butter cup" fun (for anyone who cares), I rewarded myself for turning in a personal best in my 4-mile race today by buying three packages of Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and EATING ONE ENTIRE PACKAGE!!! YAY!!!

Will be using these as motivators as I enter my half-marathon training (looking to run one in April). Also will be adopting Jason's training mantra: reschedule, don't delete. Quite apt.

Also OT, golden411, I'm surprised you never heard of the "Whole Paycheck" moniker for Whole Foods. That reputation has bothered the company so much, it's actually trying to do things to get rid of it. And it looks like it may be working (http://www.businessweek.com/article...-profits-by-cutting-whole-paycheck-reputation). (Perhaps that's why Justin's products are cheaper? HAHA! ;) )

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
In case the following was never mentioned in a thread in The Edge:

Jason's FS in Boston won the Professional Skaters Association's EDI award for Men's Singles. (Max won last year. :))

THE EDI AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCES AT 2014 U.S. CHAMPIONSHIPS in Boston, MA:
Men’s Singles:
Winner – Jason Brown (Championship Free Skating Program)
Coach – Kori Ade
Choreographer – Rohene Ward
Music – “Reel Around the Sun” from River Dance by Bill Whelan
Costume Design – Rohene Ward
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...39.22619.135977363114767&type=1&stream_ref=10

(The EDI winners this year for other disciplines: Zhang/Bartholomay's FS; Davis/White's FD; Gracie Gold's SP.)

Speaking of which, I added all the Riverdance links to the original post if you want to see the evolution of a wonderful program. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
Jason "live" is magical! I'm so glad I got to be in Boston for that LP.

I think youtubes are "in the moment" kind of media. Clearly Jason is "in the moment" right now. Yuna was "in the moment" before. Let's see what comes out of the Olys. It could be someone entirely different that has that moment.

Totally agree with you there. :agree:

babyskate

On the Ice
Thanks person who shall not be named!

And the Jason "Riverdance" marathon is complete! Do it! It's fun. :)
Broadmoor Open (June 2013)
Glacier Falls (Aug. 2013)
Nebelhorn (Sept. 2013)
Skate America (Oct. 2013)
Trophee Eric Bompard (Nov.2013)
Nationals!! (Jan. 2014)

I think it was a case of determining what would have the best returns. The jump might have been close enough to include it (it looked REALLY close) had they decided to do it a la JGP last year with the 3A (obviously the jump wasn't QUITE there, but enough for full rotation); however given that it's an Olympic year AND Jason's first senior international season, they may have decided that they were better focusing on getting Jason comfortable for the complex choreography and making a good impression with a cleanish performance. Obviously I agree with TontoK that Kori made the right decision.

Also an update on the "peanut butter cup" fun (for anyone who cares), I rewarded myself for turning in a personal best in my 4-mile race today by buying three packages of Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and EATING ONE ENTIRE PACKAGE!!! YAY!!!

Will be using these as motivators as I enter my half-marathon training (looking to run one in April). Also will be adopting Jason's training mantra: reschedule, don't delete. Quite apt.

Also OT, golden411, I'm surprised you never heard of the "Whole Paycheck" moniker for Whole Foods. That reputation has bothered the company so much, it's actually trying to do things to get rid of it. And it looks like it may be working (http://www.businessweek.com/article...-profits-by-cutting-whole-paycheck-reputation). (Perhaps that's why Justin's products are cheaper? HAHA! ;) )

Love all your posts, Mrs P. Very excited to hear you are a runner as I am a longtime distance runner. I use food as a motivator so please stock up on the peanut butter cups. Enjoy the whole process of training. Looking forward to your Olympic posts. Let's hope for 2 beautiful programs from our Jason

zschultz1986

Final Flight
After watching those programs back-to-back... I hope there can be no more doubt in Kori Ade's ability to coach and manage her skaters, regardless of level. She has given Jason nearly all the tools (and I know they're working on the quad) to succeed, and to his credit, he has used them all amazingly. The growth in that program was tremendous. Kori and Jason (and Rohene) have made all the right decisions in regards to that program (and the Prince SP).

I'm going to totally enjoy watching Jason (and Kori) at the Olympics!!!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also an update on the "peanut butter cup" fun (for anyone who cares), I rewarded myself for turning in a personal best in my 4-mile race today by buying three packages of Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and EATING ONE ENTIRE PACKAGE!!! YAY!!!

Congratulations on your personal best, Mrs. P! :bow:

BTW, I had mentioned in another thread that Jason had deleted his tweet and Instagram post about Justin's, although when I last checked, Kori's tweets re Justin's remained.

Then this morning on NBC, I noticed a commercial for Jif as a Team USA sponsor -- which seems to confirm my suspicion that an issue like that was the reason for Jason's deletions. #ProblemsOfAnOlympian ;)

In spite of my oblivion :eek:, I certainly agree that Whole Paycheck is an appropriate nickname, although the weekly specials can be pretty good deals, IMO. As anywhere else, shopping carefully makes a difference.
The WF/WP locations in my area used to have an additional batch of specials every weekend that were even better bargains, but WF seems to have discontinued those for the most part (although it had a batch for Super Bowl weekend).
Digression to this digression: One of my pet peeves is that I find that the temporarily discounted prices -- clearly shown on signage and/or flyers in the store -- often do not get programmed into WF's bar-coding. If you are not paying attention (and thus do not ask a human being to override the technology), you end up paying full price. :bang:
And one last digression: I recently noticed that the PB cups are available in a white chocolate version as well as dark or milk. White chocolate is not my thing, but it's another differentiation from Reese's offerings (AFAIK).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
For all those Jason whiners and lovers I think he will skate the free on the eam after the poor resuls by Abbott.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Speaking of catering to Olympic sponsors. It looks like Jason will be tweeting and instagraming from his brand new phone, LOL.

Jason Brown
@jasonbskates
Feb 05, 3:00am via Twitter for iPhone
Thanks @ATT 4 the amazing new Samsung Galaxy Note 3! Can't wait 2 document my Olympic experience with it!!! pic.twitter.com/JJu73aNnzX

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/431019421851987968

Ironically he was tweeting that from his iPhone, LOL. But now I've noticed his subsequent tweets states "via Tiwtter for Android." :p

So now he has to eat Jif peanut butter and use an Android phone. At least while he's in Sochi, anyway. :) #ProblemsofanOlympian