2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

Matt K

On the Ice
I/K skating's is pure quality, like V/M's. Up to the twizzles they were skating the best they ever had, that midline step sequence was the most smooth and powerful one they did all season. I knew one of them would blow the twizzles. That was unfortunate.

Shibs's skating skills are no where the quality of I/K and P/B. And their ice coverage on the twizzles is not big at all. Same with the Finnstep patterns but their twizzles don't move much in both SD and FD. Personally I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin have a softer and more beautiful glide than Shibutanis by far. But whatever. S/Z are a new team.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

They're not my favourite dance team, but it's too bad for this to happen to B&S. They don't seem too popular these days, but I haven't liked seeing fans of other teams celebrating their withdrawal.

However, it will be interesting to see whether the removal of B&S from the roster improves the chances for other countries like Canada to get 3 dance spots for next year. Depends on whether G&P or P&I end up in the top 10 with W&P. The odds for that may have increased a bit with B&S out.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They're not my favourite dance team, but it's too bad for this to happen to B&S. They don't seem too popular these days, but I haven't liked seeing fans of other teams celebrating their withdrawal.

However, it will be interesting to see whether the removal of B&S from the roster improves the chances for other countries like Canada to get 3 dance spots for next year. Depends on whether G&P or P&I end up in the top 10 with W&P. The odds for that may have increased a bit with B&S out.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I didn't love their FD this season, but I don't get the vitriol toss at them.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I/K skating's is pure quality, like V/M's. Up to the twizzles they were skating the best they ever had, that midline step sequence was the most smooth and powerful one they did all season. I knew one of them would blow the twizzles. That was unfortunate.

Shibs's skating skills are no where the quality of I/K and P/B. And their ice coverage on the twizzles is not big at all. Same with the Finnstep patterns but their twizzles don't move much.

So without D/W to bash you are moving on to the Shibs? Did USFS kick your dog or something?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
So you mess up a major element and you get a 9 in performance/execution? Got it.

they WISH they just messed it up. 'messed up' is what tessa virtue did on her twizzles in the team event

nikita katsalapov straight up hindenburged those twizzles and still got a 9 in performance

skatingfan04

Final Flight
they WISH they just messed it up. 'messed up' is what tessa virtue did on her twizzles in the team event

nikita katsalapov straight up hindenburged those twizzles and still got a 9 in performance

I've gotta agree. I really like I/K, and I concur that a lot of what they do is done with real quality (though Nikita's legs are sloppy more often than not), but they essentially left out an entire element. There isn't enough quality in the world to make up for that.

missysays

On the Ice

I know seriously! They missed the entire element!! That score is ridiculous.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
What an effing farce. I spit on the judging. If I'm ever at an event with I/K I will get up and turn my back on them.

I don't think that's the best way of addressing the judging issues. ;)

Afterall, the skaters don't mark themselves. If the judges and the system are flawed, it's not the fault of the skaters.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think that's the best way of addressing the judging issues. ;)

Afterall, the skaters don't mark themselves. If the judges and the system are flawed, it's not the fault of the skaters.

They're benefiting from the farce. I turn my back on them.

vinganca

Rinkside
ugh, the stream i was using switched over to basketball, and the one i found after that just decided to start showing some kind of ski event. *** the SD isn't over yet!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm not even a Shibs fan, but I feel for them.

This wasn't an asynchronous set of twizzles... he missed the entire 2nd and 3rd turns, and I think he ran into her, which should be another deduction.

Which obviously means they got -2's and -1's all across. :rolleye: