2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

sisinka

Medalist
I/K skating's is pure quality, like V/M's. Up to the twizzles they were skating the best they ever had, that midline step sequence was the most smooth and powerful one they did all season. I knew one of them would blow the twizzles. That was unfortunate.

Shibs's skating skills are no where the quality of I/K and P/B. And their ice coverage on the twizzles is not big at all. Same with the Finnstep patterns but their twizzles don't move much.

Come on. Sinitsina & Zhiganshin's skating skills are on the same level, but they have more difficult choreography and they are still able to keep the speed, their free leg work is better and their ice coverage in twizzles was WOW.
Today S&Z skated the most clean and dancy program so far and where are their marks?
I&K got 9,21 for SS and S&Z 7,36...that is really ridiculous. And once again I&K had mistake on twizzles and then next 10 seconds they interrupted a program execution, it took them about 5 seconds after twizzles to put together and finish with lift, which was once again affected with the mistake in twizzles - it was slow...and interpretation mark (how are you connected with music) is 9,25 - bigger than for P&B....I&K choreo 9,18 for "dance" and story line interuption in program?

It is obvious that judges/Russian Federation/Morozov all want them to win this...no matter how they skate. Do you remember what happened to Faiella & Scali at Europeans 2011 after much smaller mistake in twizzles? They fell into second best group and lost any chance for medal and it was Europeans with less number of great couples than here...(and Faiella & Scali were Europeans two-time Silver medalists and World Bronze medalists that time and judges didn't forgive them anything).

caitie

Medalist
Well maybe the obvious overscoring of I/K will influence the judges to hold back on their FD a bit. In the meantime it will be so interesting to see who can capitalize on the obvious frontrunners leaving the door open in the SD. This is a huge opportunity for W/P and C/L.

TMC

Record Breaker
Visible? You could have seen it from space without a satellite. I wonder how much the Russian Fed paid for that score.

I spit on the judging.

Originally posted by WeakAnkles

Oh man I just saw the replay. They're lucky he didn't wipe her out. Well there goes the gold (and probably a slot for next year).

First? Oh man MAJOR SHENANIGANS. WHAT BS.

I propose the following three utterances for official reactions to weird judging:
From mildly whatjusthappened to whattheheck-let'slookatthoseprotocols to major upset with neither rhyme no reason:

I spit on the judging

MAJOR SHENANIGANS

WHAT BS

Meoima

Match Penalty
They're benefiting from the farce. I turn my back on them.
Oh please, what do you want them to do? Go against their federation and never get a chance to skate in competition again? They are told to perform, and they perform, that's all. ISU system, federations have absolute power over the skaters' fate.

Matt K

On the Ice
I/K: Except for ONE element (twizzles), every other element was superior to the Shibs. Quality, speed, flow and timing were exceptional. If clean it would have scored 74-76 (based on growth of marks for everyone in the SD throughout the season) . The score was fair.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I'm not even a Shibs fan, but I feel for them.

This wasn't an asynchronous set of twizzles... he missed the entire 2nd and 3rd turns, and I think he ran into her, which should be another deduction.

Which obviously means they got -2's and -1's all across. :rolleye:

her blade literally ran into his leg mid-twizzle and he spent the next minute or so grimacing in pain

which means a personal best in pcs!!

I/K: Except for ONE element (twizzles), every other element was superior to the Shibs. Quality, speed, flow and timing were exceptional. If clean it would have scored 74-76 (based on growth of marks for everyone in the SD throughout the season) . The score was fair.

you and sky fly should start a club honestly

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yeah, I don't get it either. I didn't love their FD this season, but I don't get the vitriol toss at them.

B&S were already feeling bad after being surpassed by I&K at the Olympics, so this injury & withdrawal must be pretty discouraging. Be interesting to see whether they re-group and come back next season. Might also depend on whether I&K do indeed split up as has been rumoured.

Now I'm interested to see how our next 2 Canadian dance teams do. Sounds like P&I had a much better SD than at the Olympics. Can G&P beat P&I in their first re-match since Nationals? Since P&I seem on today, G&P need to skate a SB like they did at 4CC's when they won the SD there.

And this is the perfect opportunity for W&P to finally make the impact that they have been waiting so long for. They are skating last and will be the final team the judges see. Can they seize the day?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They know. I/K KNOW. This isn't a question of futzy PCS scoring. They missed an entire element. If they medal here, they know just how tainted that medal is. And if they accept that medal then as a fan I turn my back on them.

missysays

On the Ice
I'm not even a Shibs fan, but I feel for them.

This wasn't an asynchronous set of twizzles... he missed the entire 2nd and 3rd turns, and I think he ran into her, which should be another deduction.

Which obviously means they got -2's and -1's all across. :rolleye:

It shouldn't be minus anything it should be no points!!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Good lord. Just stop.

They scored a personal best in PCS. How the hell do you even begin to justify that.

Although I suppose the latest trend is Russian skaters and team making major errors and being rewarded with personal best PCS. *gag* :rolleye:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I have no particular opinion on this pairing, but I will admit that there are certain posters I'd like to lock in an elevator together just so I could watch how it'd play out .

lol like their combined delusion could fit inside an elevator..

Matt K

On the Ice
The truth is I/K's quality is superior to everyone else before them, and the judges saw that and rewarded them with it. Those twizzles were the kiss of death, they would have been 10 points higher without that error. (Top 4-5 marks in Sochi were 70s)

And here is hyperinflation who will now say that Shibs, W/P, D/W and every Canadian team was robbed today.