2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

Matt K

On the Ice
look matt k, i don't know how many times people have to say it to you or if someone literaly has to beat you over the head with a hockey stick for you to process it because i gladly volunteer, but TES and PCS are irrevocably entwined in each other. if you mess up technically (or if in nikita katsalapov's case, if you straight up HINDENBURG it technically), then your PCS should suffer. their PCS did not suffer.

i don't know how much more sesame street i can make it for you

And like was said already by some posters on these last few pages, their PCS did suffer. It was lower than Sochi, in PE and CH. I already said before their twizzles every element was done perfectly. Judges judge the entire program, not just one element. Is this new to you?

All the top teams got higher PCS than Sochi, like W/P and especially C/L. Did you think C/L's marks or W/P's weren't deserved? They were higher than in Sochi. What are your reasons for W/P and C/L getting higher PCS than in Sochi?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Lol people saying I/k were some kind of lock for the next for years! Lol it's I/k!! Of course they have twizzles that don't count! Just end this team already!!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Whoever said I/K had a personal best in PCS is wrong. They were slightly higher at the Olympics. But only slightly. :)

One judge gave I/K a 9.75 for Performance. Guessing it'd've been a 10 then without the twizzle error. :)

C/B were the only team to hit all their levels.

What the heck.... Transparent judging. NOW. That judge needs to be flayed. 9.75 for PE and 9.5s for everything else. Did they sneeze during the twizzles? (You know, sneeze like 5 times in a row).

Holy hell ISU, you suck now worse than ever.

Also C/B had a level 3 DiSt, but the highest BV (and TES).

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Lol people saying I/k were some kind of lock for the next for years! Lol it's I/k!! Of course they have twizzles that don't count! Just end this team already!!!

They obviously meant B/S, don't laugh at them :cool:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I very rarely have uhm, for the sake of this being a g-rated forum, let's call them "crushes" on athletes, but I did for Ingo Stauer and I definitely do for Mr Poje. Swoooooooooooooooooon (catch me Andrew! catch me!).

You are HILARIOUS and adorable! I think you like the dark hair, dark eyebrow tall guy thing, no?! You would have loved my ex-husband. But despite his gorgeousness (jet black hair and eyebrows, blue eyes and long black lashes, 6'3" tall) he wasn't right for me. :)

Is Ingo dating Aliona? Is Andrew dating Kaitlyn? If so, those are two lucky blondes!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Just end your haterade presence here already. They have an Olympic gold and bronze. What the hell do you have? :rolleye:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
And like was said already by some posters on these last few pages, their PCS did suffer. It was lower than Sochi, in PE and CH. I already said before their twizzles every element was done perfectly. Judges judge the entire program, not just one element. Or is this new to you?

All the top teams got higher PCS than Sochi, like W/P and especially C/L. Did you think C/L's marks or W/P's weren't deserved? They were higher than in Sochi. What are your reasons for W/P and C/L and C/B getting higher PCS than in Sochi?

oh my god, their pcs at the olympics with a clean skate was 36.68 and their pcs here with a hideous skate was 36.45

0.23 is not getting punished, 0.23 is statistical noise

Matt K

On the Ice
oh my god, their pcs at the olympics with a clean skate was 36.68 and their pcs here with a hideous skate was 36.45

0.23 is not getting punished, 0.23 is statistical noise

You didn't answer the question:

All the top teams got higher PCS than Sochi, like W/P and especially C/L. Did you think C/L's marks or W/P's weren't deserved? They were higher than in Sochi. What are your reasons for W/P and C/L getting higher PCS than in Sochi?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty

All the top teams got higher PCS than Sochi, like W/P and especially C/L. Did you think C/L's marks or W/P's weren't deserved? They were higher than in Sochi. What are your reasons for W/P and C/L and C/B getting higher PCS than in Sochi?

because they skated better today you nimrod. w/p were sloppy as fuq at the olympics and c/l skated the cleanest they ever have today

now answer my question about whether you think 0.23 is "punishment" enough for a mistake that glaring and odious

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

For one, they all improved and didn't have a major, glaring error (C/B maybe not but nothing grievous).

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Maybe they need a rule that makes it so, if you happen to score 0 on an element, the PCS scores have to be below a 9, or something like that, at least in the short where you have required elements.

I know something like that would never happen, but it's the only thought I have at the moment.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You are HILARIOUS and adorable! I think you like the dark hair, dark eyebrow tall guy thing, no?! You would have loved my ex-husband. But despite his gorgeousness (jet black hair and eyebrows, blue eyes and long black lashes, 6'3" tall) he wasn't right for me. :)

Is Ingo dating Aliona? Is Andrew dating Kaitlyn? If so, those are two lucky blondes!

Ingo and Aliona are on-and-off and off currently....I believe Andrew is NOT dating Kaitlyn, just good friends.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

You got a phone number for the ex? Look I'm all for being a classy guy but you know there ARE exceptions to every rule [nudge, nudge, wink, wink].

LOL! Just kidding! But thank you for the compliment!

And no, Andrew is NOT dating Kaitlyn--a piece of information I should probably keep to myself (as I investigate the cost of plane fare to Canada...). ;)

Matt K

On the Ice
because they skated better today you nimrod. w/p were sloppy as fuq at the olympics and c/l skated the cleanest they ever have today

now answer my question about whether you think 0.23 is "punishment" enough for a mistake that glaring and odious

See, you just said it yourself! According to you, C/L skated the cleanest they ever had, so their huge PCS boost was deserved.

Yet, I/K skated the best they ever had up until the twizzles (better than Sochi), so their PCS should surely receive a huge boost like C/L if they nailed the twizzles. (ie. by 1-2 points). They messed up the twizzles, and therefore they didn't get the PCS boost that they would have if they had done the twizzles perfectly. So whereas the judges were going to give them a 38-38.5 for a clean performance, they lowered a few points back to around 36.