2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

nowkissplease

Rinkside
So did the judes violate the rules? what should their pcs had been? All 5.00?

There are five big elements. 4 were performed well. One was not performed at all. How can the performance/execution be almost 90%? At the very least, that mark should not have been higher than an 80% because only 80% of the elements were completed. I'm not saying that every technical mistake should have a huge effect on PCS. But - exceptionally clean skates should be rewarded with high PCS, and programs with large glaring mistakes (like the elimination of a required element!) should be punished in PCS. That is all.

Matt K

On the Ice
This is so true!! PCS is not a bonus for good tes! Pcs is not a clean tech program bonus!

Yes. This is very common thinking here at Golden Skate, which is why I just laugh at posters in ice dancing threads :laugh:.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
You got a phone number for the ex? Look I'm all for being a classy guy but you know there ARE exceptions to every rule [nudge, nudge, wink, wink].

LOL! Just kidding! But thank you for the compliment!

And no, Andrew is NOT dating Kaitlyn--a piece of information I should probably keep to myself (as I investigate the cost of plane fare to Canada...). ;)

Oh my goodness you are making me laugh so hard! :) :) :) Thank goodness for the Andrew P love on here lightening the entire thread!

The ex is a recluse and you don't want him for relationship or else I WOULD give you the phone #- because I like you. :)

Thanks to you and Mrs P for brightening the night!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh my goodness you are making me laugh so hard! :) :) :) Thank goodness for the Andrew P love on here lightening the entire thread!

The ex is a recluse and you don't want him for relationship or else I WOULD give you the phone #- because I like you. :)

Thanks to you and Mrs P for brightening the night!

Hm....maybe you and I ought to work together and find a perfect match for WA. ;) hehehehehe...

nowkissplease

Rinkside
Pcs is not about Tes. It just isn't! There is no rule yet about reductions in pcs for mistakes in Tes!

But a performance that is performed very well technically is a BETTER performance, and should get higher PCS and a performance that is filled with mistakes is a lousy performance and should get let lower PCS. The technical and program scores are linked. The ISU rules don't explicitly require deductions, but their guidelines are all about the quality of a skate. A skate with mistakes IS lower quality.

Matt K

On the Ice
And how about element after it, a lift WAS affected by that mistake, but they got the same points like they did at the Olympics. And interuption in skating was obvious...but judges once again didn't take it into account at all in components.

Their lift was affected by the mistake? :confused: Why, because it came after twizzles? :confused: So in that case, if you re-arranged I/K's SD to put the twizzles first and all other elements second, and they performed the elements to the same quality as tonight (botching twizzles, perfect everything else), they should be in 20th place.

Their GOE and level on that lift was unaffected by the twizzles. Two totally separate elements. They are judged separately. Why would you give I/K's lift negative score just because they botched the twizzles?

So should I/K's lift get negative GOE and level 1 because it came after the botched twizzles?

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Hm....maybe you and I ought to work together and find a perfect match for WA. ;) hehehehehe...

I do like matchmaking. :)

I met my 2nd husband through a set-up by a friend.

I need to sleep now as I actually have 3 kids and need to be up in a few hours with them! Wish I could stay up for men's long but will tape it.

THANKS for the fun, you guys!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Alex Julin: 'The injury (of Soloviev) is serious, Dima is barely walking'

gmyers

Record Breaker
There are five big elements. 4 were performed well. One was not performed at all. How can the performance/execution be almost 90%? At the very least, that mark should not have been higher than an 80% because only 80% of the elements were completed. I'm not saying that every technical mistake should have a huge effect on PCS. But - exceptionally clean skates should be rewarded with high PCS, and programs with large glaring mistakes (like the elimination of a required element!) should be punished in PCS. That is all.

This is almoat exactly like when savchenko and szolkovy were Doing sbs spins and she messed up and just stood around and did nothing and pcs was affected not at all!! It happens all the time! Pcs is not Tes! Pcs is not Tes and nothing can make it so! They need if they want to change the rules.

This anti Russia stuff is awful!

sisinka

Medalist
They were. Their PE was 0.3-0.5 points lower than other components. And how do you know how much they would scored if their SD was clean?

But I&K Skating Skills, Transitions and Interpretation/Timing were slightly better than at the Olympics...so missing one element, interrupting acting during program, interrupting skating after that mistake and looking surprised caused that those components went up??? In term of "oustanding" - how are such points translated in judging system?

Snow63

Record Breaker
So 4-5 pts deficit is still beatable then. Idk the top 3 just seems meh to me. They were good but no impact to me. 4-6 placers were more exciting

Very likely, especially for I/K. But they have no right for any mistakes now. Only clean skate can help them.

Snow63

Record Breaker
But I&K Skating Skills, Transitions and Interpretation/Timing were slightly better than at the Olympics...so missing one element, interrupting acting during program, interrupting skating after that mistake and looking surprised caused that those components went up??? In term of "oustanding" - how are such points translated in judging system?

It's absolutely different competiton with absolutely different judging panel. So we do not kwon how much they would have scored with clean skate here and now, and how much points they potentially have lost. Comparing these results to the Olympics is not the most correct thing to do.

gmyers

Record Breaker
But a performance that is performed very well technically is a BETTER performance, and should get higher PCS and a performance that is filled with mistakes is a lousy performance and should get let lower PCS. The technical and program scores are linked. The ISU rules don't explicitly require deductions, but their guidelines are all about the quality of a skate. A skate with mistakes IS lower quality.

There was one mistake on his part- he was interrupted like savchenko was at euros. I would say the performance pcs took a little hit because It was a brief error that was isolated.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
i/k are about as big headcases as jeremy abbott so i predict a big splat fest tomorrow

and they'll probably score 110 anyway