Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 131 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

foruiz

Final Flight
Oh my god. The Yuzuru fan page on VK is starting a fanfic competition. Please Russian fans, please don't write fanfics shipping Yuzuru with other figure skaters :cry: That's all I ask (since a certain skater follows that page, I don't want her to see fanfics revolving her and Yuzuru :slink:)

Oh my! Why don't fans focus on the sport itself instead of shipping them to other people. :disapp:

sajoya

On the Ice
Don't tell me it's Yulia. :eek: no no no fan fiction, what the hell are they thinking!

Yeah, it's Yulia. Goodness sake, I don't know how she can follow that page though. Whenever I come across a post about him and Yulia, some people tend to talk bad about her and the conversation later turns into a Yulia vs Adelina argument :frown:

sajoya

On the Ice
Welcome Sajoya.

Ahem! To be honest, I can't imagine YET Yuzuru doing that kind of "sexy" that Daisuke did in "Blues for Klook," but Yuzuru might surprise me. I might not, however, recover from the incongruity of having him skate such a program and then seeing him with his Winnie-the-Pooh at the K & C. We'll see. Seriously, I look forward to his evolution as a skater as he is, for all his formidable achievements, still very young. There is still so much room for growth.

Brain Orser has this statement shortly after Yuzuru became his student to the effect that Yuzuru is now turning from a boy into a young man and that Yuzuru's programs should reflect that. (LoL when I read a recent interview where Brian Orser said the same thing about Nam.)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're right though, I too can't really see him being like that. I mean, Dai has his own kind of "sexy", so does Yuzuru. Before I really got to know him, I remember watching his PW program for the first time and was like "that was sexy". Then afterwards I knew about his winnie the pooh obsession and his quirky peace signs and thought "is that really the same guy???" :laugh: But like you said, he might surprise us

nimi

Medalist
Besides if he changes 4S to 4T, he needs to take out one of his combinations with axel and make instead 4T+3T or 4T+2T and instead of 3Lz make 2A in the end, which results in the base value of jumps 71,42 against 74,72 with 4S. So with sticking to 4S he can actualy afford one fall as there is also exaggerated components cushion for him and still win.
The part in bold is what I don't quite get. Is it that if you repeat a quad (4t) you must include a 2a in your program? Or is that if you repeat the quad, you must to do one less triple than with 2 different quads, hence the 2a instead of a triple? :confused:

CoP can be pretty confusing at times...

Kalina

On the Ice
To do Yuzuru justice, that wasn't the best 4T+3A he can do, he can execute it much better, but the landing of the 4T wasn't ideal. Denis, anyway, was amazing :D

roxella

On the Ice
Re Yuzuru's R & J 2 skate at Worlds, I love that fist pump at 4:18 after landing his final jump (triple lutz), pretty sure that's not part of David Wilson's choreography. :biggrin:

Yes,I love that part too...it's like saying "Yes,I did it!!!" :yay: As the Eurosport commentators say at some point: "man on a mission" - I guess he knew than that his mission has ended as he wanted to :cool:

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
I actually pretty like his R&J 2.0. I can't get over his GPF R&J performance out of my head. Love everything there (including camera works).
I probably don't really understand choreography since I'm actually ok with DW..

foruiz

Final Flight
I actually pretty like his R&J 2.0. I can't get over his GPF R&J performance out of my head. Love everything there (including camera works).
I probably don't really understand choreography since I'm actually ok with DW..

i echo you.of course i like the R&J1 better but i don't think R&J2 is that bad.

Doublemeat

Rinkside
i echo you.of course i like the R&J1 better but i don't think R&J2 is that bad.
I found R&J 2.0 much better after watching his OP at Sochi with his all black training wear. So I blame all the fault to the R&J 2.0 costume.:laugh: I even think of stealing his costume before his competition, so he has no choice but to take the black training wear on.:yay: It'll definitely be much more enjoyable.

Klarnet

On the Ice
The part in bold is what I don't quite get. Is it that if you repeat a quad (4t) you must include a 2a in your program? Or is that if you repeat the quad, you must to do one less triple than with 2 different quads, hence the 2a instead of a triple? :confused:

CoP can be pretty confusing at times...

The part in bold -that's right. CoP allows to do quads and triples only twice, Yuzu makes two 3A and two 3Lz, if there are two 4T in his program, one of these triples has to go, I just assumed it would be 3Lz(6,6) rather than 3A(9,35)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
The part in bold -that's right. CoP allows to do quads and triples only twice, Yuzu makes two 3A and two 3Lz, if there are two 4T in his program, one of these triples has to go, I just assumed it would be 3Lz(6,6) rather than 3A(9,35)

Overall it is quite good for pushing limits upper. More guys to catch Yuzuru and Javier must start to try to do two diffrent quads I think :popcorn: For me two diffrent quads are more entertaining than two 4T

Darjaille

Rinkside
If someone can watch TV Tokyo (are there livestreams on the internet?), in a little over 30 minutes TV Tokyo is airing Skate on Ice 2014! :love:

yay

On the Ice
Oh my god. The Yuzuru fan page on VK is starting a fanfic competition. Please Russian fans, please don't write fanfics shipping Yuzuru with other figure skaters :cry: That's all I ask (since a certain skater follows that page, I don't want her to see fanfics revolving her and Yuzuru :slink:)
Wow wow wow, calm down. :biggrin: I've just visited the page, they made rules. There must be no slash or whatsoever. It is meant to be age-appropriate for children.

BusyMom

Medalist
If someone can watch TV Tokyo (are there livestreams on the internet?), in a little over 30 minutes TV Tokyo is airing Skate on Ice 2014! :love:
:bow: Yes there are TV Tokyo livestreams. My kids watch their kamen riders or some anime all the time.

nimi

Medalist
TCoP allows to do quads and triples only twice, Yuzu makes two 3A and two 3Lz, if there are two 4T in his program, one of these triples has to go, I just assumed it would be 3Lz(6,6) rather than 3A(9,35)
Thank you so much for the explanation!

I thought I was familiar with the Zayak rule - you cannot repeat a quad/triple unless it is in a combination - but now I see it is more restrictive than I realized. So that is also why Yuzu didn't repeat 3t in his combinations, and instead did 3a-3t, 3a-2t and 3lz-1lo-3s. Suddenly it all makes sense! :laugh:

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Anyone succeed to catch TV Tokyo in streaming ? The broadcast is over ? Because I succeed to catch a streaming but it is spiderman now ?