Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 177 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I mean perfect in the "clean" way. He is not mature yet so he can develop, why not fixing the flip?
If I remember correctly, his flip at WC 2012 and GPF 2013 was clean and they even reward him with 1.2 and 1.4 GOE. So he as the ability to perform that flip alright, it's just he has other big elements to focus on. I hope he will fix it, along with the consistency of his 4S. As long as he stays clean, his performance in the program will produce flow. And that is his purpose. To produce a program with flow.
Of course, I would rather him stay on his feet than some +GOE on the flip. Anything he wants to do, I hope he will achieve it, just stand still.
So yes, fixing that 4S before everything else, please Yuzuru. :laugh:

I think he would have a lot more consistent skates trough season without 4S, with two perfect 4T. But he is totally not scared about challenging 4S which is in some way good, because consistently falling on it is not scaring him and he is sure he will finally overcome that. I bet confidence of many skaters after so many failed quad salchows would be a bit destroyed, and they would take it off rather than keeping challenging it. I think it is that magic spark in your talent that makes you better than others. He will not give up until he will achieve his target :)

Rather than resolving problem by taking 4S off, he wants to resolve problem by mastering 4S :p

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm torn. I want to see beautiful clean programs and the lack of a severe fall penalty kinda kills that (Hanyu did deliver a beautiful clean Worlds performance, but that was after a huge mistake in the SP. Argh. But can't fault him too much). On the other hand, the forgiveness in IJS does allow skaters to keep working on certain elements even if they don't succeed at first. Makes me wonder what the great Salt Lake City crowd could've mastered, competing injury-free and in their prime under IJS.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
A part of all this, I would like to add this fresh video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1YNfpLyt4
Our great pooh is trying to say 2 sentences in english ! Since now, we just have seen Yuzu say 1 sentence in english, but here, after his SP at WC 2014, he is saying 2 sentences in english ;) So so cute ;)

Let's have a look !

Meoima

Match Penalty
A part of all this, I would like to add this fresh video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1YNfpLyt4
Our great pooh is trying to say 2 sentences in english ! Since now, we just have seen Yuzu say 1 sentence in english, but here, after his SP at WC 2014, he is saying 2 sentences in english ;) So so cute ;)
Let's have a look !
World record for the Pooh Boy NOW!!!! :biggrin: You know this is the reason I can't image him having a girlfriend (thanks God it's just a gossip). He is just a child in my opinion. :p Damn, I feel like an auntie (which I really am).

Pamigena

Record Breaker

Let's have a look !
lmao. when that, um...'background noise' happened, I actually thought for a second 'wait, was that him??' :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks channah for the translation of Yuzuru's interview after his victory parade where I'm glad to know he's keeping in touch (and how he's doing so) with Sashiya Fumida. I hope they have many, many more collaborations in the future.

Let's have a look !

:) Yes not only was Yuzuru able to string two English sentences together, he correctly predicted the results ("I'm gonna be happy day after tomorrow.")

FTnoona

Final Flight
Hes going to have to work on his flip edge, definitely. He lips somtimes and has an unclear edge often, and it could be quite costly if he doesnt work on it. Pops being worth less wont affect him as much as it might affect Javi as he doesnt have as much of a tendency to pop jumps. Im mostly concerned for his flip - no one knows until competitons begin how the technical controller will call for e and ! so Yuzuru will need to make sure that he has clear inside edge on his flips to keep his scores high. I think we may see an overall lowering of scores om average of a few points - perhaps 300 will be elusive after all.

He has more of an unclear edge. Since the "!" is coming back, if he get called for an edge, he'll most likely get that call. The bv for his flip will stay the same and he'll just take the usual -goe he's been getting this season for 3F(e) and the overall goe isn't restricted. I think he's only gotten called an edge call on the 3F at worlds and teb. He and the team are obviously aware of his 3F issue since there's only been 1 flip in his FS since his junior days. Wonder if he'll have problems with the 3F next season if he works on fixing it during the off season.

jimeonji

Final Flight
He has more of an unclear edge. Since the "!" is coming back, if he get called for an edge, he'll most likely get that call. The bv for his flip will stay the same and he'll just take the usual -goe he's been getting this season for 3F(e) and the overall goe isn't restricted. I think he's only gotten called an edge call on the 3F at worlds and teb. He and the team are obviously aware of his 3F issue since there's only been 1 flip in his FS since his junior days. Wonder if he'll have problems with the 3F next season if he works on fixing it during the off season.
that's true, he doesn't lip often enough for it to be a real problem (unlike some ladies' flutzes....) but he doesn't ever have the clear inside edge either. (I purposely went and watched R&J2 again to see his flip and then compared it to Carolina's.) And as Meoima said, even a -1 to -2 GOE for his one 3F in the free could cost him the gold/other medal as shown by the Worlds scores. But obviously his team is very aware of the rules changes and are clearly adept at using the scoring system and its rules to wring out the highest possible score. :rolleye:

makaihime

Final Flight
Food for thought- Together on Ice; I wonder if Nanami Abe would be able to choreograph for the show...I think that would be just perfect :love:

FTnoona

Final Flight
that's true, he doesn't lip often enough for it to be a real problem (unlike some ladies' flutzes....) but he doesn't ever have the clear inside edge either. (I purposely went and watched R&J2 again to see his flip and then compared it to Carolina's.) And as Meoima said, even a -1 to -2 GOE for his one 3F in the free could cost him the gold/other medal as shown by the Worlds scores. But obviously his team is very aware of the rules changes and are clearly adept at using the scoring system and its rules to wring out the highest possible score. :rolleye:

Why the eyerolls when it's true? It's not like the team placed 2 flips in his program when they know he has a history of unclear edges or lips...
They even placed it earlier on in his program so he gets to do it on fresh legs. Sure it doesn't help him to lip, but the fact is that he does from time to time. Even with the edge call on the 3F and the -goe he was still able to win worlds. He can't replace the 3F with another triple, so should he just remove the flip and lose a jumping pass until he fixes it bc he might lose some points.... it's not like fixing incorrect edges happens overnight.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Why the eyerolls when it's true? It's not like the team placed 2 flips in his program when they know he has a history of unclear edges or lips...
They even placed it earlier on in his program so he gets to do it on fresh legs. Sure it doesn't help him to lip, but the fact is that he does from time to time. Even with the edge call on the 3F and the -goe he was still able to win worlds. He can't replace the 3F with another triple, so should he just remove the flip and lose a jumping pass until he fixes it bc he might lose some points.... it's not like fixing incorrect edges happens overnight.
no lol I know it's very true, so I have no doubt that Yuzuru will fare just fine with the scoring/rules changes. I did the :rolleye: in reference to choreographed 4S fall strategy.

makaihime

Final Flight

This. And like you said in your previous comment, trying to correct your edge is going to affect the overall jump as a whole and it'll be a negative effect until he gets the correct technique down which might not even happen. For some, even if your head knows how what to do, your body won't necessarily listen because your muscles are already conditioned. (In Yuzuru's case I think its just the lack of enthusiasm/interest to fix his lips)That's why I said he'll probably go the route of seeing what happens with the tech panel early in the season. If the there's no real damage (anymore than what he already has) then there is no point in actively bringing yourself trouble.

FTnoona

Final Flight
no lol I know it's very true, so I have no doubt that Yuzuru will fare just fine with the scoring/rules changes. I did the :rolleye: in reference to choreographed 4S fall strategy.

Oh ok. Sorry. I thought you were still referring to the 3F. For all the blah Wilson has produced, he's given his skaters pretty point maximizing layouts.