Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 184 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

kinoriH

Final Flight
Around 4:00, Max is topless and Tanya is helping him put on his James Bond costume. It is hot as hell. :eek::

Topless Max is always good. *fangirl moment*
is it only me who ofthn gets the impression that he doesn't care/know how good looking he is?
It makes him even more attractive. Lol
sorry for the shallow, fangirling comment. Just had to put it out there. ;)

Nessie

On the Ice
Another thought about starting to value privacy during the Cuba trip. While things have improved in Cuba (I gather), life is still hard there and people have very little. If M and T ventured out of the somewhat protected “tourist” area, they would have witnessed this. I had a friend who visited Cuba and ended up giving all her clothes and shoes away to strangers. Maybe the Cuba trip was thought-provoking in some way – remember Tanya’s tender observation of a tiny half-dressed child holding his/her mothers shopping basket?
Also, just an observation on the Cuba trip. Did you notice that there was no one else on the beaches they went to? No sunbathers, no lifeguards, no swimmers in sight? While they were surely at the best beaches, was it unsafe to swim? Strong currents and riptides? Scary fish? Where was everybody?! It looked deserted. Or maybe they went away from the crowded beaches to experience a more natural beach. (I’m not referring to the swimming with the dolphins pictures.)
Perhaps I am reading too much into Max’s reduction of his (and Tanya’s) media presence, but he’s a thoughtful and smart guy and I just feel like something is getting to him. I could be wrong about his needing a challenge. Just handling their complicated life right now is a challenge. But I hadn’t thought of the brilliant word EUPHORIA – yes, that’s what they’re coming down from.

Separately, I have been watching T and M’s exhibition skate to AIMER over and over and listening to the AIMER video of Damien Sargue and Camilla Carra as Romeo and Juliet over and over. I am pitifully late in paying attention to that song. I printed out the lyrics last night and studied them on the way to work this morning so I can sing this song in my head when I’m bored.
On the subject of good looks: Damien Sargue – talk about handsome! Yikes! But when he cut his hair, his sex appeal was reduced by 95%. Strange phenomenon.
As for Max, I don’t think he really knows how handsome he is. That’s why he posts so many pictures of himself – especially the B+W shots by the professional photographer. He’s convincing himself of his good looks, as if he can’t believe it.

kinoriH

Final Flight
New interview with Nina Mozer. :)

http://www.figureskating-online.com/nina-mozer.html

Q: Tania and Maxim have won everything you can win in the sport. How are you now motivating your athletes?
A: It happened that the guys have motivated me. When I first heard from them that they want to continue their career after Sochi I thought, they are joking. But it was not a joke. After Worlds in Japan they clearly said, ‘yes’. You are asking what motivates them? They just aren’t done yet. At the one hand we somehow are tired, but on the other hand, there were so many good things, there was so much love. Everybody loves this pair, at least the people who are working with Taniuscha and Maxim. I think that they didn’t feel anything like that before. They didn’t know and they didn’t believe that within the group there could be such honest and warm feelings. Of course, there were also difficult times when everybody was exhausted and we just wanted the Olympic Games to be over quickly. But everything ended, the emotions calmed down, the bad things went away and as it turns out there is not enough positive adrenaline. And you should not forget that success is always motivating. I for example really like it when the Russian anthem is played and our flag is raised. I am always saying that our anthem is my favorite music.

EDIT:
-Our beloved couples! Tanya & Max with Tatiana Totmianina and Alexey Yagudin. (From Maxim's IG)
THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE. :p

http://cs618425.vk.me/v618425025/7c25/Auy8gss3zbI.jpg

- I guess they're recreating their cute OG gala rehearsal moments. :love:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....823_736473493070058_8880284911025118090_n.jpg

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice

Two interesting notes:
Q: But what if the decisions that the congress will take will become valid only next year?

A: Because of the coming ISU congress we moved building our programs. Usually we do this in May and go on vacation in June. Now it is the opposite. The guys went on vacation in May and at the beginning of June we’ll fly to training camp in the USA to work on our programs. First we’ll work on the short programs and then on the long programs. By June 15 we will know which decisions the congress will take. We’ll wait. I don’t see another way.

Nessie you may be able to catch a practice in NJ if that's where they go again. I'm not sure if they have open practice or meet and greets but maybe it's worth a try.

Q: The home Olympic Games are over. What will happen to the financial support for your athletes?

A: I think that there won’t be any problems with the financial support of our leading athletes, because the President of Russia not just loves sport, he has sport in his blood. The leader of the state is a person with an amazing energy, a strong and powerful leader. With someone like him you start to believe that things in our country can be of quality and good. Therefore I believe that the result that our figure skaters showed in Sochi will allow us to count on financial support for our preparations as before. I understand myself that in the next season we’ll have to cut down on the number of trips, because it is not an Olympic year. I have planned only two training camps during the summer. The rest of the time we’ll be in Moscow. In September, before Skate America, we’ll go to the USA, because have to see again our doctor Jorge.

MAYBE this means they will do Skate America... It appears they can't pick their events, they are assigned to them, but I'm hoping! I know they did this last year as well because they had horrible jet lag in 2012 and Max hated the skating schedule. This will allow them an easier transition to the time difference for sure.

Nessie

On the Ice
Wow, thanks so much – how exciting to read these snippets from Mozer’s interview. I only read it quickly because I’m at work. This is certainly encouraging news.

Just after the Olympics, I indoctrinated my sister (who used to skate and whose daughter skated) into an appreciation of M and T and she of course fell for them. She had already noticed them in the competition. But yesterday I sent her the AIMER video link, the Romeo and Juliet exhibition program. She called me a few hours later, just breathless, saying, “What we are seeing here is two people skating who are in love with each other. We’ve never seen that before. The emotion is so clear. I’m speechless.” I reminded her of Gordeeva and Grinkov, and while they were a great, great pair we both feel that Volosozhar and Trankov produce a passion and truth that is simply unmatched.

liubing

Rinkside
thanks for the interview!

BTW, Max officially deleted his Twitter.
:cry:
Thanks for the information, I have no twitter account but I am sorry for Max's fans, they will miss him very much.
His facebook is still alive although he is sharing very little there.

New interview with Nina Mozer. :)

http://www.figureskating-online.com/nina-mozer.html
Q: So Tania and Maxim plan to compete in the Grand Prix?

A: I don’t know yet. Possibly, they will do Worlds but sit out Europeans but maybe not. Now we have to understand what we want. There are a lot of questions to which we don’t have an answer yet. This is weird for me, because at the end of May usually already know exactly our complete plan of action.:cry:
Q: How is Maxim’s shoulder injury now?

A: Better. In June we’ll see our expert Jorge, who helped us out in the most difficult situations. I hope that we can deal with this problem. :)

I'm really worried about what will happen to T/V in the future.

http://www.novsport.com/news1042841_1017.html

Nessie

On the Ice
Thanks, KinoriH, for the interview with Nina Mozer. One of the most fascinating articles about skating (and the massive planning that goes into winning competitions) I've read -- ever.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Thanks for the Nina Mozer interview! She seems like a great woman, and also an awesome coach. Like Tanya, I think she is also a perfect for Max and his sometimes "difficult" personality. That's why Nina, Stas, Tanya, & Max are the perfect winning team!

I can't wait for Tanya & Max to come to the US. That will give me an excuse to visit New Jersey; I've never been there before! I saw videos of them learning their Jesus Christ Superstar program in New Jersey last summer, so they might have open practices... unless the videos were filmed by someone with "special permission" to be in the skating rink.

As for the "shallow fangirl moments," don't worry, I have plenty of those too. (^_~) Check out this video of Max in the mens' locker room, courtesy of our friend Stephane Lambiel:

http://instagram.com/p/a5O_CxICZD/#

*drool*

Of course, our dear Tanya needs some love too. She looks amazing in these recent photos:

http://instagram.com/p/oY1Fckj_ty/#

http://instagram.com/p/oJyAopj_uv/#

I'll be honest, I almost lost it when she first posted this photo. It is TOO HOT TO HANDLE. :jaw: ...

http://instagram.com/p/oJ3UU3D_oX/#

For those who are wondering, I went ahead and made my Instagram page so it is not private anymore. I think I will no longer use hash tags, and that should be enough to keep the creeps away. :thumbsup:

thank you somuch for all the awesome pictures! that video of Max in the locker room is the end of me*sigh* you really are great. :) and thanks so much for not making your IG account private anymore! I'm so glad I can enjoy your wonderful page again. <3