Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 183 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Lette

Rinkside
Well, he obviously has a strong temper and that means he has quick reactions, strong emotions, but also he cares about things and he is not just waiting around to get all things coming easy, but that doesn't mean he's some kind of monster who needs an angel to be saved of himself! :disapp: and it doesn't look like Tanya is doing a sacrifice living a relationship with him, otherwise she looks so happy with him that I believe she only is a little more intelligent to handle his temper :clap: and she looks pleasured to support him as well as he does with her. Even I think it's not difficult to get along well with him since he'd had long relationships :)

And I agree he souldn't change for anyone, but I think he could handle better the media pressure, for his own wellness... he gets so much angry some times that I can even imagine how his liver is :biggrin:

And I can imagine if he and Ksenia were a match on ice, it might work. We are talking about a team, a job and goals in common, and she looks like an emotional intelligent person that goes for her goals without nothing to stop her, so I think they could be work together without problem as good as she does with Klimov... Otherwise, Maria Murkhotova was always emotions over common goals, that's why they never were a real team working hard hand to hand... and that's why Tanya and he are the perfect match on and off ice: Tanya looks like a tiny and sweet woman, but I think she has a strong temper too, but the difference is that she knows how to handle it to make her life works real good for her, because she has a lot of high goals and she works hard to reach them. That kind of perseverance is just in persons with a strong temper that can handle it for their own benefit. And obviously her own balance is her sweetnees and that she's always smiling... and that she can control Max's temper :popcorn:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Aside from all the nasty, hateful rumors, I think he is overworked and the stress of this hectic Olympic season is finally getting to him. It's been nothing but training, competing, traveling, performing, training, traveling, etc. over and over and over for the past several months, and all the recent media exposure probably adds to his stress.

This is exactly what I've been thinking/saying since the "Tour of olympic champions". I think they've taken too much on themselves since the Olympics.
I understand that they need this money because they want to buy a house and to save some for the future, but they've also stated that they would like to come back for the next season. In that case, as I see it, they're probably gonna suffer from a physical breakdown somewhere mid-season. Like Virtue-Moir did back in 2011.

It seems to me like they're running on adrenaline and nor taking into account the fact that yes, they aren't as young as before and they should treat their bodies more cautiously than ever. It's all about priorities.
If they decide not to come back for the 2014-15 season (I'm fine with that, their decision) then it'll be okay to go on tour till August even. But since they do want to continue, they should just stop everything right now, go home for at least a month and start fresh and new.

:)

Arawen

Final Flight
bip0lar_tan00ki thank you for such amazing posts, I agree with much that you say!

I have a tendency of depression and mood swings as well, it runs in my family. I know we shouldn´t "diagnose" Max since we don´t even know him personally but this could very much be the case (or that he might suffer from some kind of ADHD which I suspect and mentioned before here).

I didn´t know that he used to lie to his mother about his living conditions, that was completely new to me :eek: Also didn´t know that Tanya and her family were so poor :no:

I have been against this Olympic champions tour from the very beginning. I can fully understand that they want to earn some good money while they can but I don´t want them to participate in so many shows so they may burn themselves out. Add the fact that Maxim has had an injured shoulder for quite some time now. I think that was the main reason why they even weren´t allowed to compete at the Worlds this year. They have already confirmed that they will compete in the Grand Prix so I don´t think they will skip next season. Once they have set a goal, they will do everything to reach it.

Arawen

Final Flight
A video with only Maxim (and some other girl) but really funny from Art On Ice 2012.

In the beginning they´re opening the door to the men´s locker rooms and Maxim says "There´s a lot of naked beautiful men inside" LMAO :laugh: :laugh:

At one point there´s also a man saying "I don´t want to be pictured" and Maxim "It´s not picture, it´s video" :laugh:

Also when they are at the fridge :biggrin:

He´s so happy and mischievous in it :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkg7eV9HDA

kinoriH

Final Flight
A video with only Maxim (and some other girl) but really funny from Art On Ice 2012.

In the beginning they´re opening the door to the men´s locker rooms and Maxim says "There´s a lot of naked beautiful men inside" LMAO :laugh:

At one point there´s also a man saying "I don´t want to be pictured" and Maxim "It´s not picture, it´s video" :laugh:

Also when they are at the fridge :biggrin:

He´s so happy and mischievous in it :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkg7eV9HDA

haha I love it when he says: "this is the women area, boys can't cross this line"
yeah, sure Max. :rofl:

kinoriH

Final Flight
I can only imagine the amount of pressure they were under and the anxiety/stress they might have felt during this practice.. One very last practice - hours before the free program. You can see it in their faces....;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHAzY9wSpw

EDIT: anyone noticed that they went for a different death spiral for the FP in Sochi? They did the same one like in the SP. I wonder why.. maybe to add more difficulty? :confused:

theyaremagic

Rinkside
Thank you! I have been a fan of figure skating for over 20 years, and it has had a huge impact on my life. ...
I don't know any other hardcore figure skating fans in person, so I have no one to discuss it with. Sometimes my friends and family will talk about it, but usually they roll their eyes and tell me to shut up already, LOL.
Are you me??? I know the "Problem" with beeing a lonely hardcore figure Skating fan too, and I am so happy that we have a Forum like this where I don't have to feel like an "Alien".
I will miss Max' pics but I totally understand him. It can be so relaxing not to run after pics, news, updates etc. And it is better not to know everything what is written about you, especially when you are a "famous" person. There is a proverb in German "What you don't know, doesn't turn you hot" (hot is meant in the sense of angry). So I think it is really a good idea to stay away for a while from Internet and everything and just to live the real life.

liubing

Rinkside
Thank you! I have been a fan of figure skating for over 20 years, and it has had a huge impact on my life. My usual posting pattern is: Tanya/Max pix, random skater pix, Tanya/Max pix, Olympic throwback pix, Tanya/Max pix, and so forth. Of course Tanya/Max are my favorites, but I post photos of several other skaters as well.

I don't know any other hardcore figure skating fans in person, so I have no one to discuss it with. Sometimes my friends and family will talk about it, but usually they roll their eyes and tell me to shut up already, LOL. This is why I rely on Instagram to find other diehard fans who I can discuss skating with. I honestly don't care how many followers I have or if people follow/unfollow me, but I find it disappointing when I meet fellow fans who seem really cool, then they suddenly disappear and ignore me when I add variety to my account. I even state in my profile that I love ALL teams, with an emphasis on Tanya/Max & Team Russia. I have never, EVER cared once about a skater's country, just their abilities... isn't that what the Olympics is all about, anyway? I love figure skating in general, and I love discussing skating with others who are as obsessed as I am. I've been disappointed many times when meeting fellow fans who only worry about what country skaters are from. It seems that a lot of fans only care about what country a skater is from, not about their actual skating. All this "I'm boycotting the Sochi Olympics because they're in Russia," "I don't like him because he is Japanese," "I hope she falls because she's Canadian," "I hate the Chinese, I hope he drops her on her face," "I don't care who wins, as long they're American" kind of stuff in sports needs to just stop already. BOO! :disagree:

Not everyone I have met on Instagram is like this, of course. I have met a lot of amazing fellow fans from all around the world! One time I was pleasantly surprised when someone made a nasty remark on a photo I posted of a pic I posted of one of the Russian Ladies skaters. At first I thought it was an ignorant Russia hater, but we somehow ended up discussing other skating topics, and I learned that she is NOT just some ignorant Russia hater; in fact, she really likes Tanya & Max! She likes skaters regardless of country just as much as I do, and now that person is one of my favorite users!

Sorry to go totally off topic, but I just had to get all that off my chest! Rant over!

*steps down from the soapbox yet again* :slink: :slink:

Now..... back to our lovely Tanya & Max, the best team in the world! :popcorn:

How nice to know you, bip0lar_tan00ki, and thank you so much for introducing yourself as well as your rational opinions on your instagram fans. People should respect each other, regardless which country they are from, which opinions they hold or which different skating favourites they may have etc. Because English isn't my mother tongue and I have no other information on my favourites V/T, I'm afraid to discuss more about them (although I like to discuss with you all) and just enjoy your nice comments and pictures shared.
I regret not being able to see your instagram any longer.
http://instagram.com/p/ocRfuxNTK9/,
This photo is very very wonderful, thank you, bip0lar_tan00ki!

liubing

Rinkside
Probably not, it would be a bad choice for an Olympic level athlete to take up smoking. The only figure skater I can ever remember is Tonya Harding, but there could possibly be more.

I am glad to learn from you that he is “probably not” a smoker. You really know a lot about skaters and skating, wonderful!

Lette

Rinkside
I still can see Max's IG and early today he posted a pic of his plane ticket to Kazakhstan, and for the comments I guessed that they're going to Denis Ten show. So they will continue with the shows at least until june...

theyaremagic

Rinkside
* IDIOTS who HARASS our athletes for no reason. We've all seen it. I think every single comment on Adelina Sotnikova's page says, "i hope u die, ur ugly, stoopid russhin gerl," :mad:
I have the deepest admiration for Adelina, how she deals with all of this... she seems staying so calm... maybe our Max should ask her advice?;)

liubing

Rinkside
bip0lar_tan00ki
I have no Instagram account to enjoy T/M photos, I will think about opening an account later. Some false, unfair and evil comments on instagram will make someone angry and sad. Maybe we will feel better if we don’t care about those comments!
I think Tanya can balance her mood in different situations. Hopefully she is able to influence Max and keep him from being too impulsive!
http://instagram.com/p/oghGVXNTFM/
http://instagram.com/p/ogT58DSRk0/

Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov: "We are delighted to speak for the first time in Kazakhstan"
http://translate.googleusercontent....hstane&usg=ALkJrhjbtRph-9Idg7jb8vmmWT5U3Fur_Q

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
kinoriH I noticed that too! He didn't post TOO much there though that was different than Instragram though, did he? At least I didn't notice much but then again I really don't speak Russian. :) Glad to see he posting fun pics for the Denis Ten show now.

It's a bit late, but welcome bip0lar_tan00ki! I love your Instragram feed and have several of the same "issues" of people not understanding my love of ice skating either. My friends and husband ignore me and awkwardly laugh like they are listening, but I'm sure they are not. But I did take my mom to Stars on Ice for Mother's Day which she LOVED and immediately wanted to go to Skate America with me! It should be a fun trip later this year. Fingers crossed V/T compete!

kinoriH

Final Flight
Two short vids from Denis Ten's IG.

http://instagram.com/p/ogJKPXu4xG/
http://instagram.com/p/ogQGo0u45l/

I must say, this is one if the BEST cast I've ever seen. So many great, well known skates. Was soooo happy to see Carolina there. Really love her personality & attitude. :)

Am I the only one who can't wait or this touring cycle to be over already? As much as I love seeing new pics/shows of them, I also can't ignore the fact that they look more and more drained and miserable as they keep being on the road. Especially Max & his forced smiles to the camera...
I HOPE THEY'RE BEING PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS.

Nessie

On the Ice
Like all of you, I’ve been speculating on why Max didn’t post much from Cuba. I expected all sorts of pictures. But that’s the thing about Max. He’s unpredictable. But it’s probably deeper than that.

You all have posted many good comments in the last few days on what he might be going through. I think that somehow Max is disillusioned. While it was surely nerve-wracking and intense to train and compete for the gold medal for all those years, he’s got it now, they have achieved their goal. So he is happy to be on top of the world, and with that excitement and energy, they travel all over the place, skating every night, greeting fans, hanging out with their skating buddies, collecting the love and adoration, posting their activities with regularity. But the hotels are probably average, the food not so great (you know what rock and roll bands say about being ‘on the road.’ That there is nothing worse …) and traveling itself is taxing. But then some nutcase from New Zealand steals his Instagram account, a Korean fan threatens Max because he defended Sotnikova’s gold medal, and a few other mean comments and incidents and then he’s accused of being drunk on the plane. Some of the joy of their great achievement is dulled by the price of celebrity. And while we may want see them as athletes only, at their level, they are absolutely celebrities now and there’s no undoing that.

So what’s bothering Max? Exhaustion, taking on too much, not enough rest, wackos on the internet? All these thoughts are valid. But I suspect Max is bothered by something more existential. If being the best in the world and famous too is not satisfying, what IS satisfying? I think he’s trying to figure that out. Maybe he’s puzzled as to why he’s disillusioned. The easy answer would be to say he misses the challenge and the fight for something. And he and Tanya need to get back to that. So they’re in an “in-between” state now and it just doesn’t feel right to him. I just don’t know. He’s got the love of an incredible woman, some money for his hard work, fame, recognition, but he’s not finding some kind of meaning from day to day. I suspect that once all this frenzy is over, and they step out of the limelight for a bit, he’ll find his purpose again.

Or, maybe it’s as simple as the privacy he found in Cuba was an awakening and he decided to step back and share less of his life with us. Social media can be overpowering and maybe he just got sick of it. (temporarily!)

A last thought or two: it worries me a little when Max shows his airline ticket to us. It’s a clever way of telling us where he’s going but there are a lot of unbalanced people out there (as we know). What if some maniac tries to get on Max’s flight to insult him, or worse, or find him at the airport and stalk him….Is it a good idea for him to be showing us his ticket?

One last thing -- that video at Yuna Kim’s All That Skate was soooo sweet! All the skaters seemed so humble and dear and just delightful people! And Ashley Wagner’s comment about Stephane’s being prettier than she was hilarious! Thanks for posting!