Jason Brown | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

alabhaois

On the Ice
Well the conclusion is that several people took note of the tweet and the absolutely cute photo montage that came of it. Hehehe. Apparently we all were :eek:: too. LOL.

FWIW, Jason did do a show last year in the Bay Area, Ice Dreams. It was a show organized by Johnny Weir. So maybe they'll bring that back again. Here is his skate to "Fly Me to the Moon." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7mKHpEWik

Also, if you are willing to drive a few hours (or get a quick flight), you should consider attending the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in a few weeks. It's on July 30- Aug. 3. It's at the Sharks Ice Arena in Anaheim. Jason has competed at that competition for the last several years. And I bet there will be a few other top skaters -- Mirai Nagasu (since it's home), Courtney Hicks (who trains in LA), Richard Dornbush, maybe Ashley Wagner/Adam Rippon.

http://glacierfalls.com/2012-summer-classic/

So you can spurge and go to Skate America, LOL. I'm sort of considering it.

Goodness, Mrs. P, you are a veritable fount of knowledge!! Thank you for the links-- perhaps I can somehow manage to see him. Anaheim isn't too very far away from SF. The ironic thing is that he was not far at all from me in April-- he was in San Jose (what, again?) to do his part in Stars on Ice. I seriously considered going but the timing wasn't right. Now I wish I had but... oh well! :eek:hwell: There was a "Meet and Greet" after the show, which cost $75-- it would have been fantastic to meet him and shake his hand, but I knew it would be just for a moment (as there would be a hundred people in line behind me, waiting impatiently!).

Carpe diem. Next time I will give it serious thought.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Goodness, Mrs. P, you are a veritable fount of knowledge!! Thank you for the links-- perhaps I can somehow manage to see him. Anaheim isn't too very far away from SF. The ironic thing is that he was not far at all from me in April-- he was in San Jose (what, again?) to do his part in Stars on Ice. I seriously considered going but the timing wasn't right. Now I wish I had but... oh well! :eek:hwell: There was a "Meet and Greet" after the show, which cost $75-- it would have been fantastic to meet him and shake his hand, but I knew it would be just for a moment (as there would be a hundred people in line behind me, waiting impatiently!).

Carpe diem. Next time I will give it serious thought.

Ah I'm sure there will be other opportunities. :) You should actually consider going to Nationals or Skate America and attend the practices. Jason's pretty awesome about signing autographs and talking to fans. The $75 for Meet and Greet is half the price for an all-event ticket to Skate America in the club level.

Yeah, flight and all -- but flight prices from the West Coast to Chicago for October seem pretty good right now...which is why I'm thinking about it. Of course I have to balance that against other things like a bathroom remodel, a visit to my best friend in N. California....so little time/money for all the things we want to do.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Well the conclusion is that several people took note of the tweet and the absolutely cute photo montage that came of it. Hehehe. Apparently we all were :eek:: too. LOL.

What else piqued my curiosity is that Ashley tweeted "Having an amazing time here in San Jose with jasonbskates," and Jason favorited it. This was a day before Jason's tweet of the photo montage. Anyway. Just wanted to add that.

:laugh::think::rolleye:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What else piqued my curiosity is that Ashley tweeted "Having an amazing time here in San Jose with jasonbskates," and Jason favorited it. This was a day before Jason's tweet of the photo montage. Anyway. Just wanted to add that.

Hehe. To be fair, Jason seems to like to favorite tweets. He's favored a few of the tweets I've had directed at him.

We're such nosy aunties. :)

alabhaois

On the Ice
Ah I'm sure there will be other opportunities. :) You should actually consider going to Nationals or Skate America and attend the practices. Jason's pretty awesome about signing autographs and talking to fans. The $75 for Meet and Greet is half the price for an all-event ticket to Skate America in the club level.

Yeah, flight and all -- but flight prices from the West Coast to Chicago for October seem pretty good right now...which is why I'm thinking about it. Of course I have to balance that against other things like a bathroom remodel, a visit to my best friend in N. California....so little time/money for all the things we want to do.

Now you've got me really interested! I didn't know all this! Yes, indeed-- so little time/money is right. But I remember something my Mom said to me, and that was-- essentially-- carpe diem. Not terribly original but it stuck with me! The flight is one thing, then there's the hotel and food and cab fare/car rental, etc. etc. etc. I'd love to do it, though. Why not? I'm going to give it some serious thought.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Now you've got me really interested! I didn't know all this! Yes, indeed-- so little time/money is right. But I remember something my Mom said to me, and that was-- essentially-- carpe diem. Not terribly original but it stuck with me! The flight is one thing, then there's the hotel and food and cab fare/car rental, etc. etc. etc. I'd love to do it, though. Why not?

You should, if you can. Skate America is fun! Hanging out at the hotel bar is fun! It's all fun. :)

My carpe diem moment was going to Nationals last year -- I was set on NOT going then decided like two months before to go after all. It helped that I found a cross-country flight/hotel combo for my husband and I for $1,700 bucks (having it in Boston in January helped, I supposed). It turned to be awesome, I had so much fun. Here's my post about attending men's practice (and meeting Jason/Kori): http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?43814-Saturday

ETA: This post prompted me to go back and read some of my Nationals posts....good times. :)

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Oh man oh man thanks so much for posting these videos! He sure is something special. And rohene is such a visionary, there is never a dull moment in Jason's programs.

You know he's a majestic skater when he falls and has a couple doubled jumps and you don't even care.

Also, his spins have gotten even better since the Olympics. They're nuts! Does the spin at 1:45 count as a one handed bielmann?

TMC

Record Breaker
Love your hubby's a Buffy fan. That's cute. :)

Huge fan. Then again, what US tv show isn't he a fan of? I think he'd watch Terra Nova still if it hadn't been cancelled, and he's just now watching Faling Skies and complaining how awful the script is :laugh: The good thing is that Meryl & Charlie have made him a DWTS fan too - we're nearing the end of season 3 in our summer DWTS marathon :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Huge fan. Then again, what US tv show isn't he a fan of? I think he'd watch Terra Nova still if it hadn't been cancelled, and he's just now watching Faling Skies and complaining how awful the script is :laugh: The good thing is that Meryl & Charlie have made him a DWTS fan too - we're nearing the end of season 3 in our summer DWTS marathon :love:

YAY marathons! So over there where do you watch U.S. Shows? Do you have Netflix? Some other streaming service? Cable?

TMC

Record Breaker
YAY marathons! So over there where do you watch U.S. Shows? Do you have Netflix? Some other streaming service? Cable?

Netflix with Unblock-Us so we get all the different 'flixes (Canada is good! And Sweden), plus HBO and Viaplay streaming services - and then there's of course.....you know..... ;) :biggrin:

But we make up for that by eventually buying nearly everything available in bluray/dvd boxsets :yes:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dear alabhaois, if you can go, do. At least you are in the same country as Jason :)

TMC

Record Breaker
Dear alabhaois, if you can go, do. At least you are in the same country as Jason :)

I know exactly what you mean Karne! I envy you guys in the US soooo much right now (and Moscow!).

Btw Karne, the chocolate's very close to getting eaten by a strict low-carber! You wouldn't want that to happen would you? Sure you don't! So make like Mrs P and pm me your address so I can send you both your treats at the same time ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know exactly what you mean Karne! I envy you guys in the US soooo much right now (and Moscow!).

Btw Karne, the chocolate's very close to getting eaten by a strict low-carber! You wouldn't want that to happen would you? Sure you don't! So make like Mrs P and pm me your address so I can send you both your treats at the same time ;)

I am sure Mr P will like some extra chocolate :)

No, seriously, I put the videos up because I love Jason and I know how much the rest of you do. (Also I'm not good with really strong flavours, haha!). You enjoy them :)

also chocolate is my achilles heel and it's all going so well at the moment

TMC

Record Breaker
I am sure Mr P will like some extra chocolate :)

No, seriously, I put the videos up because I love Jason and I know how much the rest of you do. (Also I'm not good with really strong flavours, haha!). You enjoy them :)

also chocolate is my achilles heel and it's all going so well at the moment

:laugh: Ok got you

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Hehe. To be fair, Jason seems to like to favorite tweets. He's favored a few of the tweets I've had directed at him.

We're such nosy aunties. :)

Another nosy auntie here. ;) I confess that I sometimes have wondered whether Jason has a special someone in his life.

But my two cents is that I got only a platonic vibe from the tweets/photos re Ashley Cain. At the risk of stating the obvious, the trip that Jason and she took to San Jose together after their wins at the Broadmoor Open was an official USFS appearance to promote the S.T.A.R.S. combine. As much as they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company, it was hardly a date (although of course I cannot rule out [ETA: the possibility] that they have gone out on dates at other times).

And ... as we know, Jason loves to tweet elaborate photo montages. And he loves to give/receive hugs. I think my favorite tweet and Instagram ever from Gracie Gold were posted during Jason's absence from the SOI tour, when she said that she missed getting hugged hourly by Jason. He tweeted a reply that he missed giving her hourly hugs. Adorable.

In any case, I do agree with others that Ashley Cain seems like a lovely young lady.

TMC

Record Breaker
Another nosy auntie here. ;) I confess that I sometimes have wondered whether Jason has a special someone in his life.

But my two cents is that I got only a platonic vibe from the tweets/photos re Ashley Cain. At the risk of stating the obvious, the trip that Jason and she took to San Jose together after their wins at the Broadmoor Open was an official USFS appearance to promote the S.T.A.R.S. combine. As much as they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company, it was hardly a date (although of course I cannot rule out that they have gone out on dates at other times).

And ... as we know, Jason loves to tweet elaborate photo montages. And he loves to give/receive hugs. I think my favorite tweet/photo ever from Gracie Gold was the one during Jason's absence from the SOI tour, when she said that she missed getting hugged hourly by Jason. He tweeted a reply that he missed giving her hourly hugs. Adorable.

In any case, I do agree with others that Ashley Cain seems like a lovely young lady.

Sometime late January, when the Jason hype was enchanting the nation, I read a tweet from some girl who wrote that Jason had dated her best friend for some time so that kinda made her his best friend by association - or something along those lines. I gathered that this happened in early high school. Since by the end he was doing a lot of schoolwork in order to graduate early, and had increased training with seniors in mind as well as the move to Colorado in the horizon, it makes sense that that relationship would have been left in HP. Of course I know that not everything on t'internet is gospel, but the girl was of an age with Jason and lived in HP as well. If that had been total bs, I'm pretty sure some other teens would have pointed it out to her there.

But it made me smile then to think that at least he's had time to have one normal teenage romance in his life, even with the demands of school and training. I know his best friend is a girl so a lot of people on tumblr, IG, Twitter have jumped into conclusions and commented that he has a gf because pics of them together are all over.