Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

skatefan22

Medalist
Some LQ video of FaOI rehearsal on Toyama news (1) and (2)!!! Does anybody know if any of the July shows are going to be broadcasted?

Yuzuru screws up at one point during the group number and hides his face. :laugh: It would have been hilarious if he had skated to this.

The way he skated up to the camera could be an example of the ''he likes looking good/ acting cool" thing. :think:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Or he is acting like any 19 year old playful kid will :)

Well, in that interview he said that he wasn't conscious of his "show-off" behaviour (like Kanako was) and just acted normal, so I think he hasn't changed, and fully agree with you :laugh:
But it would be hilarious if he tried to be cool in this way :)

firal

Record Breaker
All this speculation about costume reminds me of that clip where Johnny, Hanyu-kun and his mom were working on his costume. I think she said that Hanyu-kun tends to like the "bling-bling" stuff so she had to sew quite a lot on. :laugh:Also she mentioned that he is too thin on top so they like to have flow-y sleeves and such so that he looks bigger...So I think he likes the shiny stuff so it stands out on the ice with his movement, but not necessary Weir-ish costumes? Just guessing...

I think he mentioned the same person who makes his costume also makes Johnny's costume at a press con after a competition when someone asked him if he is worried about his "bling" falling on the ice( and if he is doing anything special to prevent that from happening). I think he gave a good answer! Sort of like "yeah it's someone who knows what s/he is doing so...there you go".:p

echotpe

On the Ice
Picture from Oda´s twitter https://twitter.com/nobutaro1001/status/485243789976424449/photo/1
Can someone please translate what does it say in the tshirts.

Same shot from Nam's insta.

These T-shirts are really matching themselves. Good job, no matter from show host or fans.

Nobu: cat style landing (describe his landing like cat jumping softly)
Dai: even unappetizing dumplings are delicious (he is famous as a dumplings lover)
Yuzu: hate to lose or stubborn (so true!)
Javier: Javier-chan
Nam: Nam-chan

SuzyQ

Medalist
Some LQ video of FaOI rehearsal on Toyama news (1) and (2)!!! Does anybody know if any of the July shows are going to be broadcasted?

Yuzuru screws up at one point during the group number and hides his face. :laugh: It would have been hilarious if he had skated to this.

Thank you for the links!

In the video (2), they say the show will be aired on 14 July (Mon) from 7:00 pm on their local station.

I really hope someone will upload it :bow:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Same shot from Nam's insta.

These T-shirts are really matching themselves. Good job, no matter from show host or fans.

Nobu: cat style landing (describe his landing like cat jumping softly)
Dai: even unappetizing dumplings are delicious (he is famous as a dumplings lover)
Yuzu: hate to lose and stubborn (so true!)
Javier: Javier-chan
Nam: Nam-chan
Thank you for translating those words! How come Nobu's and Yuzu's T shirts are about their skating and Dai's about food? That is funny.:biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
In the video (2), they say the show will be aired on 14 July (Mon) from 7:00 pm on their local station.

As long as Jeff Buttle is in there Yuzu could make the progress on his SP up to maybe 50% at least? I wanna see it.:yay:

unico

Final Flight
Thank you for the links!

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't catch that the first time I watched. Thank you so much SuzyQ! :yay:

thanks for the link! I quote-posted it in the Dai thread if you don't mind :)

Of course I don't mind! I should have done it myself but got distracted :)

According to twitter, today's Ballade was completely clean: 3A, 4T, 3Lz+3T, although a bit shaky on the 3T and towards the end. I think some tweets said that the rink is narrower than usual, but nevertheless he look satisfied after he finished. Standing ovation!

My favourite thing I learned today from Japanese twitter is the term "eagle-sandwich 3A" :laugh:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
According to twitter, today's Ballade was completely clean: 3A, 4T, 3Lz+3T, although a bit shaky on the 3T and towards the end. I think some tweets said that the rink is narrower than usual, but nevertheless he look satisfied after he finished. Standing ovation!

My favourite thing I learned today from Japanese twitter is the term "eagle-sandwich 3A" :laugh:
Thank you for the report! Standing ovation- wow! So the progress is in there! Great!:thumbsup:
What is "eagle-sandwich 3A" I wonder? Need to see the skate to know what they mean.:think:

foruiz

Final Flight
Thank you for the report! Standing ovation- wow! So the progress is in there! Great!:thumbsup:
What is "eagle-sandwich 3A" I wonder? Need to see the skate to know what they mean.:think:

I am guessing that it may be because in Ballade he does the 3A Sandwiched/in between the spread eagle .

unico

Final Flight

That's correct. :) Sorrento, I don't think it was a complete standing ovation however, given the divisions in the audience for, you know, "reasons". But still good!

Second half of FaOI just ended, tweets are flooding in: during his collaboration Yuzuru did a 3T, 3A, a "spiral-ish" move, and a layback spin (perhaps like the one at the finale of last FaOI?). I feel bad for Hiromi Go a bit, some people are comparing Sarah Alainn's wonderful singing to the last FaOI, saying it's a "definite upgrade" :rofl:

During the ending they skated to Let it Go.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
That's correct. :) Sorrento, I don't think it was a complete standing ovation however, given the divisions in the audience for, you know, "reasons". But still good!
Divisions? Tell me about it. Pro-Dai and pro-Yuzu? Or am I wrong?
Why people do not accept that Japan has two extremely gifted figure skaters that managed to produce two Olympic medalists within just two Olympics cycles? This is an astonishing achievement! They are both should be considered figure skating superheroes.

unico

Final Flight
Why people do not accept that Japan has two extremely gifted figure skaters that managed to produce two Olympic medalists within just two Olympics cycles? This is an astonishing achievement! They are both should be considered figure skating superheroes.

It's more like, there is a very small contingent of very scary uber-fans that basically refuse to acknowledge xxx skaters who pose a challenge to their favourite. And this super dedicated small portion of people probably are very strong-headed to get tickets to these shows in the first place, even if they are by faaaaaaar not the majority of fans. I would say that 99% of japanese fans are NOT like this, they enjoy all figure skating, don't let this small but vocal minority ruin anything.

Anyway, reading more on twitter, a lot of high praises from fans for his collaboration on The Final Time Traveller. People keep using the word "heavenly" and "magical" to describe the collaboration. :clap:

Apparently after the program, he applauded and greeted Sarah Alainn on one knee, just like a knight! Cheesy little kid, very sweet.

Johnny Weir @JohnnyGWeir · 11 分
Thank you Toyama for a beautiful first show! We so enjoy performing for you & love you. Congrats to Yuzu-kun for clean short program debut!👑

annca

On the Ice

can i add something about this?? i observed this kind of behavior eversince the first faoi started. i didnt want to say it here because i know it'll start something bad but this is the second time that some die hard fans have treated yuzu this way.

im really sorry for this rant but i just got to let it out . feel free not to read it or feel free to share your comments

im not talking about the whole fandom in general but there were some die hard fans that really ticked me off big time.  

it happened when we were celebrating for the yuzudai/daizuru pics and vids. my habits are searching on twitter for news of yuzu, then i found out that some "fans" were hostile about the whole thing.   while we were analyzing on how important dai have said about yuzu about the ace thing, they were angry to what dai wrote about on his insta.   saying that jsf are forcing dai to make yuzu look good and trying so hard to make yuzu the new "it" thing in fs.  

but what angered me the most is what they said during the p&g interview, the so called fans were furious on yuzu and said he has a bad attitude because he mentioned about winning the olys and whatever nonsense p&g made him say with dai next to him. to summarize their rants, they made yuzu appear like he was gloating his success to dai.

i dont know about what others think of it. does it seem offensive in a way that yuzu was talking about his gold medal /win during the interview with dai?. does it seem like he's gloating his success everytime he talks about his win? or is he not allowed to talk about the result of his hard work to others??

seriously... i feel really bad for yuzu :( (and also for dai)