Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 191 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

kinoriH

Final Flight
I wonder, why it is an anchor, Maxim is not a sailor, so what the reason for having this tattoo?

He explained it in a comment.. sailors used to have anchor tattoos a long time ago, and when placed on the arm, it symbolizes strength and security. It's also meant to "keep the individual from straying too far from the homeland or dreams and ambitions."

:)

svetik

On the Ice
He explained it in a comment.. sailors used to have anchor tattoos a long time ago, and when placed on the arm, it symbolizes strength and security. It's also meant to "keep the individual from straying too far from the homeland or dreams and ambitions."

:)

I have read Maxim's explanation, I'm still surprised to see his new tattoo. I thought, he might do something about puzzle tattoo.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Hi, everybody! I'm new here :) Good to know that there are another crazy people around the world :clap:

3rd photo's signature is quite cute - Skyscrapers, skyscrapers, and I'm so small

Lipnitslove

Rinkside
Hi everyone!! I'm a huge HUGE fan of Tatiana and Maxim skating and lovely relationship :love:
I found this forum looking for the documentary and I think I've read thousands of your comments and just wanted to thank you for all the photos and videos you have posted :clap:
I'm from Spain and I think I will go to the GPF( where I expect them to win !! :) ) :yay:
If anyone is interested,9 July at 1 pm there will be a press conference to give all the information about the tickets and all that stuff
I'm a little busy right now with exams but I think in a couple weeks you will see me around here :biggrin:

svetik

On the Ice
Hi, everybody! I'm new here :) Good to know that there are another crazy people around the world :clap:

3rd photo's signature is quite cute - Skyscrapers, skyscrapers, and I'm so small

Hi, LittleLotte29! I agree, the third photo is cute, I like the first photo, Tanya looks great and I am very impressed with Sergey Bermeniev words under photo, after reading them all I can say Wow!

Nessie

On the Ice
I traveled to NJ again yesterday to catch the afternoon training session, though there was no way to know for sure if V and T were practicing that afternoon. But it seems they stick meticulously to the schedule. This time they skated together and worked on either a section of a long program or a short program – it wasn’t entirely clear. All I can say is that the music is powerful and the choreography of this small section interesting. Not surprisingly, when a lift or jump appears in the program, they just skate through the move – to save wear and tear on the body obviously. They were very focused, though it seemed (to me) a shame when another couple came flying by a few times, very close to them. The two other couples pulled off to the side of the ice only a few times so that V and T could skate without having to look around. It must be hard to concentrate when a couple in a huge lift comes flying toward you, or two people are landing sbs double axels a few feet from you! But V and T took it in stride.

Separately, from Tanya’s Instagram, I see that Tanya and Max must have rented a small boat to see the fireworks in NY harbor on the Fourth of July. That’s the place to be all right – on the water -- but it ain’t cheap! They certainly get around and seem to savor every minute of their days here (though the Hustler New York picture on Max’s Instagram is a questionable destination…)

kinoriH

Final Flight
Nessie!!! you're officially the luckiest person on earth. :clap:
I'm sure you prefer not to reveal too much, cause it's probably still a "secret" and I truly respect their work ethic & privacy, but I only have one question- please?

Does the music have a concept?
I noticed V/T usually go for programs in which they can play certain roles- Romeo/Juliet, Godfather/lover, Baron/Baroness, Black Swan/sorcerer (black crow?)- unlike other pair skaters who usually pick a piece of music that they like and skate to the music rather than with the music.

I understand if you can't say anything at all, but just a yes/no will be nice. :))

Nessie

On the Ice
Nessie!!! you're officially the luckiest person on earth. :clap:
I'm sure you prefer not to reveal too much, cause it's probably still a "secret" and I truly respect their work ethic & privacy, but I only have one question- please?

Does the music have a concept?
I noticed V/T usually go for programs in which they can play certain roles- Romeo/Juliet, Godfather/lover, Baron/Baroness, Black Swan/sorcerer (black crow?)- unlike other pair skaters who usually pick a piece of music that they like and skate to the music rather than with the music.

I understand if you can't say anything at all, but just a yes/no will be nice. :))

KinoriH, YOU are officially the smartest person on earth! You noticed that I said little. There are a few more tidbits I could add but I am reluctant to ever be the bearer of information that could in any way undermine or affect our V and T and the probable privacy they should have.

Maxim looked at me a few times. (I was the only spectator! ) I have no idea what he was thinking, if anything, but he could see I was watching him, and them. Tanya didn't notice me. She concentrates so seriously and is so focused, that she wouldn't notice if Beyonce was sitting in the stands!

Anyway, from what I saw, I would say, yes, the program does seem to have a concept. I say seem because I could have misinterpreted some of the choreography, though I doubt it. Eventually I will learn if I got it right.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Thank you so much Nessie! I won't ask any further questions cause after all I want it to be a surprise (hurry up, October!!) :popcorn:

Deep in my heart I know that nothing can top Masquerade Waltz, so that's why I'm keeping an open mind. I don't want to enter next season with big expectations cause let's be honest, it's only natural that they'll have a few downs next year. No one can stay on the top forever. (not to mention S/K who are getting stronger every day).

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, but I predict a not so good GP experience for V/T. They may win the GPF, they may not, but I expect big pressure coming from S/K, especially on GP competitions. I also think V/T might skip Europeans and come back for worlds and take another title.

Nessie

On the Ice
Thank you so much Nessie! I won't ask any further questions cause after all I want it to be a surprise (hurry up, October!!) :popcorn:

Deep in my heart I know that nothing can top Masquerade Waltz, so that's why I'm keeping an open mind. I don't want to enter next season with big expectations cause let's be honest, it's only natural that they'll have a few downs next year. No one can stay on the top forever. (not to mention S/K who are getting stronger every day).

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, but I predict a not so good GP experience for V/T. They may win the GPF, they may not, but I expect big pressure coming from S/K, especially on GP competitions. I also think V/T might skip Europeans and come back for worlds and take another title.

I wholeheartedly agree on the matter of Masquerade Waltz and while I understand their reasoning, I was sorry to learn that V and T will never skate that program again, nor the Jesus Christ Superstar which I also loved. I really think these programs were so good that in fact they helped them win the Gold.

I also agree on the matter of staying on top. If one tries to linger at the top too long, one becomes a target -- for other skaters for sure, but sometimes from the judges as well. So V and T have to skate almost perfectly clean. They had one or two small bobbles in their Olympic programs but those were forgiven because they were so deserving overall, so thrilling and so beautiful together. As you say, S and K are chasing pretty hard, but if S/K have a program that is "beneath them" next time around, they cannot beat V and T. (The American announcer Sandra Bezic commented that S and K looked so skilled that she thought they had "outgrown" their program (and his costume was really silly) and were capable of a more sophisticated program. Can V and T stay so highly trained for another 4 years? I sure hope so. Nothing about their skating had diminished as they practiced. One might assume that in practice a skater might get a little loose and/or take it easy. But V and T's speed across the ice was huge, her spirals were breathtaking, his and her form was exquisite. And they produced emotion even in a practice....

HermioneG

On the Ice
Sorry, did I miss something? Did they say they won't skate their MW and JCSS again?
They said that they didn't want to use them as show program as they didn't want to change these programs (for show) because these programs are very spetial for them, and I don't think they'll use them in competition again (also need to change because of new rules, and I don't think they want to use any of their old programs in competitions again).

Nessie

On the Ice
They said that they didn't want to use them as show program as they didn't want to change these programs (for show) because these programs are very spetial for them, and I don't think they'll use them in competition again (also need to change because of new rules, and I don't think they want to use any of their old programs in competitions again).

That's right. One got the feeling that the sentimental aspect was the foremost reason for not performing these programs again. I guess sort of like a bride who saves her precious wedding dress.

svetik

On the Ice
impossible not to love them :love: they are so cute http://instagram.com/p/LzUQ-XRt9K/?modal=true

I think, this photo is my favourite http://instagram.com/p/HuVrxbxt8H/?modal=true
Nessie, thank you for telling us about V/T training. I'm looking forward to seeing their new programs. I think, there might be a chance to see them on open training in September. As for S/K they skate well, but they have not got such chemistry like Tanya and Maxim have got, also S/K will be under more pressure this season to try to prove their success on OG is not accident. Whatever happens, I am just glad, Tanya and Maxim are carrying on skating. Is it just me, i have noticed, Maxim has not put his and Tanya's photos together on his instagram since they have been in NJ?

Nessie

On the Ice
I think, this photo is my favourite http://instagram.com/p/HuVrxbxt8H/?modal=true
Nessie, thank you for telling us about V/T training. I'm looking forward to seeing their new programs. I think, there might be a chance to see them on open training in September. As for S/K they skate well, but they have not got such chemistry like Tanya and Maxim have got, also S/K will be under more pressure this season to try to prove their success on OG is not accident. Whatever happens, I am just glad, Tanya and Maxim are carrying on skating. Is it just me, i have noticed, Maxim has not put his and Tanya's photos together on his instagram since they have been in NJ?

Great choice -- fabulous photo! There was a moment in their practice the other day, when they were standing with a colleague, and they had been going over and over a move, when Max looked down at Tanya, smiled at her and mussed her hair -- the way an adult musses the hair of a little kid. It was so endearing. Tanya is so delicate and beautiful on the ice -- but is tough as nails. What a work ethic. She didn't stop skating the whole session except for a few moments here and there to talk about something. And when she skated over to talk to Nina once, she stood on one leg and put the other leg on top of the boards. I'm sure she can easily perform a 180 degree angle!

oh, and you're so right about the chemistry. No one equals that!

kinoriH

Final Flight
There was a moment in their practice the other day, when they were standing with a colleague, and they had been going over and over a move, when Max looked down at Tanya, smiled at her and mussed her hair -- the way an adult musses the hair of a little kid. It was so endearing. Tanya is so delicate and beautiful on the ice -- but is tough as nails. What a work ethic. She didn't stop skating the whole session except for a few moments here and there to talk about something. And when she skated over to talk to Nina once, she stood on one leg and put the other leg on top of the boards. I'm sure she can easily perform a 180 degree angle!

aww that's so cute. Makes you wonder what usually goes on when they're training all by themselves...:laugh:

I noticed that Tanya is pretty flexible for a pair skater, though she doesn't show it very often. It's pretty impressive, because usually when you think of flxibility the fisrt thing that comes to mind is a tiny 15-16 year old girl who does huge tricks with a way bigger partner than her. But she's a full grown woman... and Max too!! it only indicates the hours and hours of off-ice training. the stretching, running, lifts.. :bow:

Nessie

On the Ice
aww that's so cute. Makes you wonder what usually goes on when they're training all by themselves...:laugh:

I noticed that Tanya is pretty flexible for a pair skater, though she doesn't show it very often. It's pretty impressive, because usually when you think of flxibility the fisrt thing that comes to mind is a tiny 15-16 year old girl who does huge tricks with a way bigger partner than her. But she's a full grown woman... and Max too!! it only indicates the hours and hours of off-ice training. the stretching, running, lifts.. :bow:

Indeed! Though I'm certain Tanya trains hard (the way a dancer does), I also would credit her with having been given a natural gift. Does mere training make you able to do a split? Or lift a leg so high and just hang out, talking, with your leg practically vertical? Training helps of course, but if you don't have it, you don't have it. And they have a lot -- perfect physiques, musicality, sensitivity, beauty, athletic ability, dramatic ability, intelligence, will-power. The list could get annoying, thought maybe it's not an uncommon list needed to function at the highest levels.