Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 193 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Nessie

On the Ice
I was wondering if anyone has a link for V/T lp from the Olympics, commented by NBC. Not the one with Johnny Weir... I'm putting a link of a short clip aired jusr before their FS so you can all see what channel I'm referring to. :) Thanksss!!
http://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n1bsktROFj1r7o2sk.mp4#_=_

KinoriH -- I don't think it's possible, is it? NBC owns the rights to all their Olympic coverage and transmissions and they are certainly not parting with any material without an outrageous charge for it. I don't know if they would EVER release anything. I had recorded V and T 's programs at the Olympics so I could watch THAT particular execution -- not the one in Budapest -- only the Olympic performances on my television. But the other night, I recorded a football match and by mistake I erased my recording of V and T -- what an idiot! So I went to YouTube to see what exists there. There exist the Olympic performances - both MW and JSS -- but not with the same close-ups, angles, video quality and commentary that NBC had provided. But at least there is something.

But, KinoriH, it's amazing that you found that link -- that was an NBC interview. Doesn't Max look incredible? Though they BOTH look amazing. Whoever shot the interview used wonderful lighting.

Thanks, Svetik, for the info about Italy and Sochi. I must say the group on this Fan Fest is so resourceful! I don't think there is anything that you detectives cannot find out about.

I do think T and V are so quiet and not posting pictures because they are flying somewhere. But where....

kinoriH

Final Flight
KinoriH -- I don't think it's possible, is it? NBC owns the rights to all their Olympic coverage and transmissions and they are certainly not parting with any material without an outrageous charge for it. I don't know if they would EVER release anything. I had recorded V and T 's programs at the Olympics so I could watch THAT particular execution -- not the one in Budapest -- only the Olympic performances on my television. But the other night, I recorded a football match and by mistake I erased my recording of V and T -- what an idiot! So I went to YouTube to see what exists there. There exist the Olympic performances - both MW and JSS -- but not with the same close-ups, angles, video quality and commentary that NBC had provided. But at least there is something.

But, KinoriH, it's amazing that you found that link -- that was an NBC interview. Doesn't Max look incredible? Though they BOTH look amazing. Whoever shot the interview used wonderful lighting.

oh.. what a shame Nessie! I've been looking for the NBC video FOREVER. I'd really love to hear some official american commentary. Do you know the names of the commentators? :)

Nessie

On the Ice
They are not. But it's still GREAT to have this! These commentators are British.

The NBC commentators were Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton. I just spent a half hour typing a note, quoting alot of their comments because I remember them so well, and my message was being "auto saved" but then when I tried to posted, I was told to login again. So I'm afraid what I wrote is lost. I can't do it all again. What is the point of auto-saved, if it isn't actually saved? Sorry---

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
The NBC commentators were Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton.

What a pity, you did such a hard and interesting work :no: However, isn't it possible to watch this performance on the NBC site? I think they have replays.

kinoriH

Final Flight
What a pity, you did such a hard and interesting work :no: However, isn't it possible to watch this performance on the NBC site? I think they have replays.

it's possible only if you live in the US. It's blocked here. :cry:
maybe somene from the US can film it on his phone and upload it to vimeo? I really don't mind the quality, I just want to hear the commentators. :)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
it's possible only if you live in the US. It's blocked here.
maybe somene from the US can film it on his phone and upload it to vimeo?

Unfortunately, I'm from Poland :( But, please, anybody from US, it is so interesting :biggrin:

svetik

On the Ice

Thanks, Svetik, for the info about Italy and Sochi. I must say the group on this Fan Fest is so resourceful! I don't think there is anything that you detectives cannot find out about.

I do think T and V are so quiet and not posting pictures because they are flying somewhere. But where....

Maxi has just put his photo on Instagram and he has changed his profile photo again, as it says Perm, he might be in his home town. I miss V/T photos together. Nessie, if you do not mind me asking, whether everything was OK between T/M, when you went to their training?

HermioneG

On the Ice
Maxi has just put his photo on Instagram and he has changed his profile photo again, as it says Perm, he might be in his home town. I miss V/T photos together. Nessie, if you do not mind me asking, whether everything was OK between T/M, when you went to their training?
No, I don't think Max is in Perm - geo-mark of last photo is still NJ.
But I also wonder why they don't post photos ogether or each other...

Nessie

On the Ice
I re-did what I had written last night about V and T at Sochi as shown by NBC:

Here’s a link by Googling NBC, but it’s not the commentators at the actual performances and you’ve probably already found this coverage yourself on NBC’s website. http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/sochi-recap-figure-skating

Comments I can remember by Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton on Volosozhar and Trankov’s Masquerade Waltz.:
As V & T came onto the ice, Bezic said, “All the skaters are under pressure here at Sochi, but none more than THIS pair. They are expected, by their countrymen, to win DECISIVELY.”

Hamilton: “When this couple was first paired they were referred to as “The Dream Team” -- because they were so beautiful together.” He noted that “both V and T have skated in the Olympics before but NOT with each OTHER….”

And he said, “They have skated this program six times this year, and every time they have gotten the highest scores EVER recorded!” “If they skate clean tonight, this program is UNBEATABLE!”

After V &T skate, Bezic talks about Tanya’s perfect position in the air during the triple throws. They show Tanya’s compact position in the air in “slo-mo” (slow motion) as she does 3 turns. When she lands, Bezic says, “And such confidence…!” And after one of their triple throws, she says, “Now that throw was a Level 4 –and it was perfect.”

When NBC shows a replay of the performance Hamilton says Max’s landed his double axel “like butter.” They also replay the throw-triple when Tanya’s hand touches the ice saying that Max may have thrown her a bit too enthusiastically -- but the error was not major.
At the end of the program, Bezic marvels that V &T have been skating together for less than 4 years, and they have never placed less than second. Hamilton points out how brilliantly the program was laid out. The biggest throw-triple was executed right IN FRONT of the judges, and also that many of their most difficult elements were “back loaded” – that is, placed in the 2nd half of the program to produce the most points.
Bezic also emphasized that the music they skated to was a waltz – a uncommon choice as it is NOT easy to coordinate the required elements with the waltz rhythm. Choosing a waltz, she says, “just added quality to this program. …..”

Re JSS Free Program:
When the music starts, Bezic notes that the music was a daring choice. Bezic and Hamilton are rather quiet during the performance. When the program is over, Hamilton sort of screams, and with disbelief and a little sarcasm, “Do you THINK there was any pressure on their shoulders tonight – to bring back the Russian domination of pairs figure skating?!!! And he says something like, “Incredible!!!”

And on the ice, as the audience applauds, when Max holds Tanya’s head in his hands and their foreheads meet in a kind of Eskimo greeting, Hamilton says, “You know, we will never, EVER, know what they went through to get to this moment.” And Bezic says, “Not only did they skate with technical brilliance, but they skated with raw emotion and open hearts.”

Later behind the scenes when it was sure that V&T had won the Gold Medal, NBC’s camera followed Tanya running through the hall passage looking for Esenia Stolbova and when she found her, they embraced and jumped up and down together like little kids told that they don’t have to go to bed early that night! Each was so happy for each other’s medal. It was just lovely. Tanya of course had a long, long embrace with Max and with tears on her cheeks, Tanya started hugging those who had contributed to the win (I suppose), or relatives, one after the other - and of course V &T looked for and found Nina and they all had a long, warm group hug. It was just wonderful. Everyone who contributed to the Gold, and the Silver, certainly earned the results.

Nessie

On the Ice
oops. maybe the link doesn't work... But just Google NBC Olympics Figure Skating, HIghlights or so.

Nessie

On the Ice

Well, as far as I could tell, everything looked "normal." The first day I saw them as they came in together they looked a little tired. The second time I visited the rink everything appeared to be fine and they looked a bit more energetic. I smiled at Tanya and she smiled back at me - but very slightly. And after the session, when I was sitting waiting for the bus to go to NYC, they came out of the rink and crossed the street at the first chance and walked to their hotel (which was right across from the rink.) (I was so sorry I was across the street and not directly in their path.) I really didn't notice anything but I'm not sure I would be able to detect any sort of problem between them.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Thanks Nessie for your comment :)

Later behind the scenes when it was sure that V&T had won the Gold Medal, NBC’s camera followed Tanya running through the hall passage looking for Esenia Stolbova and when she found her, they embraced and jumped up and down together like little kids told that they don’t have to go to bed early that night! Each was so happy for each other’s medal.

I suppose they were mainly for each of them own medal :)

Nessie

On the Ice
Thanks Nessie for your comment :)

I suppose they were mainly for each of them own medal :)

Oh, absolutely, no question about it. But what seemed lovely was that there appeared to be a genuine affection for and good will toward each other and I think they were just tickled that BOTH of them won! I mean, Tanya got the medal she hoped for (and deserved) and I'm not so sure that Stolbova expected that she and Klimov would do as well as they did! So, as I say, they were both absolutely over the top and hugging each other and screaming a little. It's nice when two women who compete seemed to wish the other good fortune.

svetik

On the Ice
Well, as far as I could tell, everything looked "normal." The first day I saw them as they came in together they looked a little tired. The second time I visited the rink everything appeared to be fine and they looked a bit more energetic. I smiled at Tanya and she smiled back at me - but very slightly. And after the session, when I was sitting waiting for the bus to go to NYC, they came out of the rink and crossed the street at the first chance and walked to their hotel (which was right across from the rink.) (I was so sorry I was across the street and not directly in their path.) I really didn't notice anything but I'm not sure I would be able to detect any sort of problem between them.

Thank you for your reply, Nessie. I's just Maxim looks sad on his recent photos on Instagram, I might be wrong though.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh, absolutely, no question about it. But what seemed lovely was that there appeared to be a genuine affection for and good will toward each other and I think they were just tickled that BOTH of them won! I mean, Tanya got the medal she hoped for (and deserved) and I'm not so sure that Stolbova expected that she and Klimov would do as well as they did! So, as I say, they were both absolutely over the top and hugging each other and screaming a little. It's nice when two women who compete seemed to wish the other good fortune.

Sure :) Ksenia had some reasons for hoping for bronze at least. She certainly couldn't know that German's routine will be so bad, although, after Europeans when she and Fedor were better in FS than Max and Tania (V/T of course had a lot of mistakes and S/K were nearly perfect) I think she was banking on medal. No pressure, nothing to lose, everything to win :D

Btw not taking photos, maybe they are just tired? Or have no time? I really doubt if something can be really wrong beetween them - especially if they have such a strong relationship as they seem to have.

svetik

On the Ice

I think, Tanya did put their photo together a while ago. It is strange not seeing their photos together or each other, as they used to. I have even read a comment on one of Russian figure skating forums saying that they do not need to do it anymore after Olympic Games!

saray

Rinkside
maybe it's because of max's eye problem why they don't post that much. they did post many photos after the olympics, it can't be the reason.

thanks nessie for tellin us about the nbc comments. i only watched the spanish transmission and the one on yooutube.

Nessie

On the Ice

Wait, I just noticed! Max has posted the picture of the note telling skaters not to clean their skates with the paper napkins and he cites the Icehouse in Hackensack! That's not where they trained for the last few weeks -- they trained at Richard J. Codey area in West Orange, New Jersey. The Icehouse is where I THOUGHT they were going to train because they have 3-4 rinks-- it's a very big operation! So, maybe they ARE still in the area. Maybe they just went by there to check it out? Maybe other top skaters are training at the Icehouse and they're checking out the competition.

As for Max looking a bit sad, I think you have a point. He doesn't seem as quite as happy as he did before. Is their schedule too packed and they can barely relax? I'm not sure what might be bothering him -- if we are even reading it correctly.