Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I wonder is he massages his face like that to wake up?:biggrin:
Maybe. It's probably a better way than to slap yourself :biggrin: with all those jumps and spins, there's already enough shaking and hitting going on, he sure doesn't need the extra head trauma (and really, who'd wanna slap that :eek:: )

annca

On the Ice
About the choreography, it's true that there are some moves that look the same as the dramatic ones we have seen before, but it's subtle and well... it's the same skater anyways, his habit of arm movement couldn't be changed after a short time. The footwork is quite different, though.

:agree: i dunno why some complain about it... its the same skater, he's bound to have some similarities in the way he moves. i've seen a lot of skaters like that too, not just yuzu..

.... and.. is it safe for me to comment now??.. or nah??? :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The kind uploader in Dailymotion edited the several news clips of Yuzu's Phantom into a new video accompanied by music. Thus we may preview his program more smooth. Thank @yusu01207 and enjoy everyone!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23356e_yuzuru-hanyu-新プロ-練習まとめ_sport
awesome, thanks for posting. I was actually hoping that someone would put those snippets together.

And just so that I also have something positive to say about his new FS: I'm sure happy that there's an Ina Bauer in it once again :love: yay

hey, from up there you'll have an epic view during every competition :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
From seobiiiiieluv.tumblr

According to Adelina Sonitkova, Yuzuru is a crybaby (not that we haven't known that). So funny:
http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/94248612007/adelina-sotnikova-appeared-on-a-japanese-show

Adelina Sotnikova appeared on a Japanese Show along with Miu Honda

At 31:32 she was asked what she thinks of fellow OGM Yuzuru Hanyu. She answered that he’s her favourite skater and she said he’s a jumping genius. She wants to jump like him someday. But when asked who she’d pick as a boyfriend between Daisuke, Yuzuru and Nobu she choose Daisuke^^

cr: Pino

(That’s as far as my japanese goes but she said more so feel free to add whatever I missed out)

edit: horiyan kindly translated this:

ゆづはよく泣くっていってたね Adelina: “Yuzu is a crybaby.”

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ IIRC she's not the first one to say something like this :laugh: seems to be something everyone can agree on, no cat fights about this.

firal

Record Breaker
Well, he did cry at 2013 Worlds:yes:, and apparently it is well known in the Sendai Ice Rink that he is a crybaby...according to Japanese fans.

Here's a stupid question regarding his LP costume: do all Phantoms have to wear either black or black/white? Right now all I can think of are black with his favorite shiny sequins/stones. But I kind of want him to surprise us. In a good way. :laugh:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Actually, come to think of it, I'd like to know how accurate the translation "crybaby" is. Because to me that word is kinda negative. If you know what I mean. This might sound nitpicky, but I just tend to notice stuff like that. It's one thing if you cry easily when you're sad or moved by something, but I'd describe that differently. If I'd call somebody a crybaby (or the German equivalent) there'd probably be a not so nice tone to it. Or maybe the word isn't meant in such a negative way in English, I dunno... [ignore me, I'm babbling again]

Here's a stupid question regarding his LP costume: do all Phantoms have to wear either black or black/white? Right now all I can think of are black with his favorite shiny sequins/stones. But I kind of want him to surprise us. In a good way. :laugh:
I guess it's less of a "have to" and more what people expect (I wouldn't mind, I agree with some others here: black suits him). But then again, looking at his last R&J costume :biggrin: I guess that also wasn't really what people expected, or was it? :laugh:
Surprise! :popcorn:

pooh91

Rinkside
Actually, come to think of it, I'd like to know how accurate the translation "crybaby" is. Because to me that word is kinda negative. If you know what I mean. This might sound nitpicky, but I just tend to notice stuff like that. It's one thing if you cry easily when you're sad or moved by something, but I'd describe that differently. If I'd call somebody a crybaby (or the German equivalent) there'd probably be a not so nice tone to it. Or maybe the word isn't meant in such a negative way in English, I dunno... [ignore me, I'm babbling again]

While our "Heulsuse" is indeed used negatively I think crybaby can be understood in a broader sense (in this case crying because someone is very emotional - but I believe usually/in most cases English speakers use it for a whiny person like we germans do too but I'm actually not too sure like you^^)

and although I couldn't hear Adelina's russian clearly enough I think the japanese translator said it more like Yuzu cries often/alot

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am really super excited about the layout of the program. Overall his last season layout was propably hardest ever executed, but this season layout is just smashing everything :biggrin: He sets the bar for himself and for others right now on insane level

I am now interested in Javier's layout. If he want to challenge Yuzuru he must go for 2x3A in LP I think :biggrin: :popcorn:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Your not I was wonder the same thing. "Crybaby" is very much derogatory, it is deliberately describing the bad kind of crying as opposed to the understandable kind. A crybaby is someone who sulks when he does not have his chocolate milk stirred the correct way. They make a big deal out of little things can cry outlandishly.

Someone who cries easily/frequently i would call a crier to be honest. I would not call someone who cries at movies a crybaby unless they were still upset days later. I can pretty much justify crying in general at the end of any competition just do to release regardless of outcome, you don't become a crybaby till your crying starts adversely affecting those around you and/or it is used to deliberately get attention for yourself. Maybe sentimental is a better word.

I wonder which reputation he has. . . the one where you don't want take the last slice of cake for fear of a scene, or the one the emotional release kind.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
And to think that I was about to apologize for the major OT :laugh:
[sorry, I've taken one too many linguistics classes, it kinda shows sometimes]

Actually there's a German phrase I'd use that doesn't have the same negative connotation like Heulsuse/crybaby: nahe am Wasser gebaut sein. Literally translated it would mean something like "to be built/located close to the water" = having a tendency to be emotional and to cry easily (the dictionary translates it as "to weep easily", but that seems to be only a translation and not much of an idiom).
I was just wondering if there was some kind of Japanese word/phrase that they tend to use or if they just say "he cries a lot" and then somehow it comes out as crybaby in English, for lack of a better word/phrasing. Because, like you said, I guess the wording would certainly indicate the kind of reputation he has.

The word crybaby also always makes me think of this movie right away, which doesn't really help :biggrin: because that always ends with hysterical laughter on my part.

mikaboo

Medalist
I was just wondering if there was some kind of Japanese word/phrase that they tend to use or if they just say "he cries a lot" and then somehow it comes out as crybaby in English, for lack of a better word/phrasing. Because, like you said, I guess the wording would certainly indicate the kind of reputation he has.

The word used here was 泣き虫 "nakimushi". It means crybaby. If you break down the word into "naki" and "mushi," it literally means cry-bug (insect).
I just looked up why "insect" is used here and according to Yahoo Answers, it was believed long time ago that emotions and thoughts were triggered by an insect that lived in your mind. Another common word using "mushi" is "yowamushi" (weakling). There are other ways to describe someone who cries a lot, but "nakimushi" is probably the most suitable here. If it were someone more older or respected (not saying Yuzuru or Oda aren't, but they are younger than the woman) "namida moroi" (tears fragile) might be used. I hope this satisfies your curiosity.:biggrin: I'm learning something new here too!
BTW, Adelina only mentioned this because the woman described Oda as nakimushi so she said "Hanyu-senshu cries often too. He is also a crybaby" but of course, I don't know what she actually said in Russian

And to be on topic, I love what I'm seeing of Yuzuru's LP so far. Especially the twizzles (I think they're twizzles :think:)
Thanks for the links everyone!

Sorrento

Record Breaker

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I honestly had no idea Yuzu used to cry a lot- what? I'd say he's emotional but a crybaby?
I have only seen one vid that one mentioned in here a lot over the last 10 pages when he placed 7th after the bad performance in SP. Then reading his interview when he mentioned he'd cry when losing. Then when he let everyone at Sendai rink know he was leaving to Canada. Then when he was talking about earthquake. Honestly I d' cry in each of these situations myself. Am I a crybaby (thinking to myself)- no, rather emotional. Just my thought.
And I really like that in him. That he is being this open and vulnerable. And still being an enigma.

Alba

Record Breaker
I honestly had no idea Yuzu used to cry a lot- what? I'd say he's emotional but a crybaby?
I have only seen one vid that one mentioned in here a lot over the last 10 pages when he placed 7th after the bad performance in SP. Then reading his interview when he mentioned he'd cry when losing. Then when he let everyone at Sendai rink know he was leaving to Canada. Then when he was talking about earthquake. Honestly I d' cry in each of these situations myself. Am I a crybaby (thinking to myself)- no, rather emotional. Just my thought.
And I really like that in him. That he is being this open and vulnerable. And still being an enigma.

I think they're all kidding, teasing him.

The kind uploader in Dailymotion edited the several news clips of Yuzu's Phantom into a new video accompanied by music. Thus we may preview his program more smooth. Thank @yusu01207 and enjoy everyone!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23356e_yuzuru-hanyu-%E6%96%B0%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD-%E7%B7%B4%E7%BF%92%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81_sport

I think I'm going to love this POTO! :yes:

What I love about Yuzuru it's that to my eyes is so elegant and yet powerful with those crazy quads. He is also too cute which helps. :love: