Evgeni Plushenko | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Plushy and Yana at the Stas Mikhailov concert:

http://www.wday.ru/stil-zhizny/novosty/plyuschenko-i-mihaylov-vstretilis-v-sochi/

Google translation: "Tour along the Black Sea coast Mihaylov traditionally finishes in his hometown - Sochi. Usually at a concert is going to all of his large Sochi relatives, friends, school teachers. And at yesterday's concert to this whole army of fans added another, but what!

Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko , who is now resting in Sochi with his wife Jana Rudkovskoj Sashenka and son, came to the concert Stas. They sat with Jana not to VIP-areas, but closer to the middle of the hall, among the usual inhabitants of Sochi. After the execution of one of the hits of the skater took the stage with a bouquet of red roses. The singer did not expect to see such fans rejoiced and thanked Eugene, shook hands.

By the way, if you continue Mikhailova on tours through the country, then Plushenko and Rudkovskoj have time to continue to vacation in Sochi. Couple enjoying vacation, Jana puts in social network photos with your family vacation in August."

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Great pics! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2841lVtRMQ&t=13m16s this is the documentary when Dai curiously looking up Plushy.:eek: (OMG! How I love that documentary!) But i think Dai was 17.y.o in 2003 because Plushy was 21.

I know two quotes from Dai about Plushy:
TV show in 2006:

"oh, my god,, there was a God,,",
I felt amazing aura,, he couldn't hide it"

and in Sochi:

Daisuke Takahashi was moved by @EvgeniPlushenko. "Evgeni was skating from the heart. I should be like that, too." http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG2B5G71G2BUTQP135.html

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ He also listed Plushy as one of his heroes on the Sochi website, along with Alexei Yagudin and Takeshi Honda.

And seeing Plushy compete in Sochi at the age of 31 is one of the reasons why he hasn't announced his retirement yet. He said he was inspired by Plushy's strong performances in the team event and made him want to reconsider the end of his career.

While Dai's future is still uncertain due to his knee problems, it's truly remarkable how Plushy is not only inspiring the young ones - but also the veterans, who are striving to become better at their craft.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Gallavich, you wrote this in another thread:

"In Johnny Weir's book he talked about hanging out in the hotel bar after competition with the other skaters. Also in a documentary I watched about Plushenko (from 2004), they showed him going back to the hotel afterward, having dinner there with his team & then going back to his room with his girlfriend. I guess it would depend on their mood and how tired they are, but I think most skaters like to relax, socialize, and (if they did well) celebrate once it's all over."

If we are talking about same documentary I'm not sure that girl was Plushy's "official girlfriend". :biggrin: I don't know who is that girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2841lVtRMQ&t=17m20s I asked about it the Russian girls in Plushy's forum, but they also don't know her. But look at Ari and Plushy's faces at 18:28 :eek::.....ooooh, men... men!!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
^ He also listed Plushy as one of his heroes on the Sochi website, along with Alexei Yagudin and Takeshi Honda.

And seeing Plushy compete in Sochi at the age of 31 is one of the reasons why he hasn't announced his retirement yet. He said he was inspired by Plushy's strong performances in the team event and made him want to reconsider the end of his career.

While Dai's future is still uncertain due to his knee problems, it's truly remarkable how Plushy is not only inspiring the young ones - but also the veterans, who are striving to become better at their craft.

I will miss Dai so much in the competitions!!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I suspect no Dai in Kings on Ice because that means somebody will get left out of the Four Kings number. :p But that doesn't explain why there's no Mao, or why there are so few Japanese skaters in overseas shows to begin with. Maybe Japan pays better so they're fine without going overseas?

Dai's shirt in that first pic... :eek:: Such cute pics, every one of them. Dai hasn't changed much since 03-04! (Plushy, well... :slink:)

During Sochi, I remember hearing the announcer announce Dai with something like, "It's fitting that this fan of Alexei Yagudin and Evgeni Plushenko will have his final Olympics in Russia." :cry: Or maybe I dreamed it--it was such a different introduction from other people's. And of course, now it might not Dai's final Olympics after all...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Gallavich, you wrote this in another thread:

"In Johnny Weir's book he talked about hanging out in the hotel bar after competition with the other skaters. Also in a documentary I watched about Plushenko (from 2004), they showed him going back to the hotel afterward, having dinner there with his team & then going back to his room with his girlfriend. I guess it would depend on their mood and how tired they are, but I think most skaters like to relax, socialize, and (if they did well) celebrate once it's all over."

If we are talking about same documentary I'm not sure that girl was Plushy's "official girlfriend". :biggrin: I don't know who is that girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2841lVtRMQ&t=17m20s I asked about it the Russian girls in Plushy's forum, but they also don't know her. But look at Ari and Plushy's faces at 18:28 :eek::.....ooooh, men... men!!!

Yes, I meant Eisfieber. I didn't know what else to call her, lol. I can understand German pretty well, but the audio quality on that video is so bad that I can barely make anything out. It sounds like the narrator says "their partner Andrea." So maybe it means something like business partner and not romantic partner. :confused: But when he translates Mishin or Ari's words they call her "that girl," I think. But anyway, it was 10 years ago so I guess she's long gone. :biggrin:

I love the scene in that documentary where Plushy has a meeting with the fangirls (apparently they won a contest?). He looks so awkward at the dinner table. :laugh: But extremely cute.

It's amazing that Dai, Plushy and Brian (who was also in the doc) were still competing a decade later...and at least 2 of them are still not ready to stop! The guys from this era are what got me into figure skating & although I like several of the younger ones competing now, the attachment isn't there yet like it is for the ones that have been in the game so long. I guess it's not much easier for the fans to accept retirements than it is for the skaters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I told ya we need to form a team called "We can't stop competing!" :popcorn: just image the judges' expressions when they see this team at the next Olympic. I am sure everyone would just automatically appoint Plushy as the team leader. :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's amazing that Dai, Plushy and Brian (who was also in the doc) were still competing a decade later...and at least 2 of them are still not ready to stop! The guys from this era are what got me into figure skating & although I like several of the younger ones competing now, the attachment isn't there yet like it is for the ones that have been in the game so long. I guess it's not much easier for the fans to accept retirements than it is for the skaters.
Yeah, really crazy if we think about it. Plushy wants to skate with an artificial disk, Dai wants to skate with his bum knees, and Brian wants to learn a new discipline altogether... We could say it's a symptom of the pro scene's decline, but at the same time I feel like this crazy trio would've kept skating until 29-31 regardless of circumstance.

I told ya we need to form a team called "We can't stop competing!" :popcorn: just image the judges' expressions when they see this team at the next Olympic. I am sure everyone would just automatically appoint Plushy as the team leader. :biggrin:
Y'know, petitions seem really "in" these days. Why not make a petition to let this happen at the next Olympics? :p They could possibly win too, since they have no weak disciplines.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes, I meant Eisfieber. I didn't know what else to call her, lol. I can understand German pretty well, but the audio quality on that video is so bad that I can barely make anything out. It sounds like the narrator says "their partner Andrea." So maybe it means something like business partner and not romantic partner. :confused: But when he translates Mishin or Ari's words they call her "that girl," I think. But anyway, it was 10 years ago so I guess she's long gone. :biggrin:

I love the scene in that documentary where Plushy has a meeting with the fangirls (apparently they won a contest?). He looks so awkward at the dinner table. :laugh: But extremely cute.

I simply adore that documentary, despite the facts I don't understand the german and the audio quality is awful. We can see how they make the Nijinsky program, we can see Smekalov who has a classic Russian face-I watched many dances from him after this. He is a great ballet dancer and choreographer.- And I'm sure Andrea isn't his girlfriend. In that time his girlfriend was Ulyana, as Dick Button said the Russian supermodell. We can see her at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2841lVtRMQ&t=23m6s . She sat in the car next to Plushy after the legendary Rusian National performance. But I no wonder because the german speaker said that. He could not say anything else ;)
Did you heard according to the Russian tabloid Plushy had relationship with Totmianina??( I don't know what Alexei thinks about it ??)

And I totally agree with you that time will never come back in FS history...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Smekalov is very attractive...reminds me a bit of Baryshnikov. I've also watched the other long Russian Plushenko documentary where they talked to Nikolay Tsiskaridze about skating and ballet - now there's a very interesting man (if you read about his more recent adventures). :eek: I had not heard about the gossip of Plushy w/ Totmianana - but I have seen Yana tweet before about a tabloid story that said she was secretly married to Dima Bilan. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Smekalov is very attractive...reminds me a bit of Baryshnikov. I've also watched the other long Russian Plushenko documentary where they talked to Nikolay Tsiskaridze about skating and ballet - now there's a very interesting man (if you read about his more recent adventures). :eek: I had not heard about the gossip of Plushy w/ Totmianana - but I have seen Yana tweet before about a tabloid story that said she was secretly married to Dima Bilan. :laugh:

Tsiskaridze amazes me. He was beautiful on the stage. Perfect body, and I'm sure he can fly. Probably I showed you this video about Tsiskaridze. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkq47A41cA Nikolai Tsiskaridze in slow motion.

And he admires Plushy so much. For example look at how he enjoys Plushy's productions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKPbD-1dI8 I love this program, Plushy can do everything so easy.

I saw a video, where many people talked about Plushy and Yana's marriage. They said they can't believe it, that is just a PR action. The people sometimes is so stupid especially in Russia. They can't accept, that if anybody is famous and succesful can earn lots of money ...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ I hadn't seen those videos before, so thank you. I remember Nikolai said he would like to try figure skating but it was too risky for him as a dancer.

Plushy and Yana seem to be very happy together, as far as I can tell. I guess that anyone who is a successful public figure will have people judging and gossiping about them, no matter what they do. But the thought of Plushy agreeing to a fake marriage just for PR is hilarious to me. He's always been honest to a fault, and I don't see how it supposedly benefited him since people say negative things anyway. :confused:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plushy and Yana seem to be very happy together, as far as I can tell. I guess that anyone who is a successful public figure will have people judging and gossiping about them, no matter what they do. But the thought of Plushy agreeing to a fake marriage just for PR is hilarious to me. He's always been honest to a fault, and I don't see how it supposedly benefited him since people say negative things anyway. :confused:
He's doing it for the $$$, haven't you heard? :biggrin: He's going broke because of a run-in with the Mafia, so he needs money, money, money. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I was thinking about why do people like to draw Plushenko again again and again... I'm sure I have seen thousands of drawings about him. Because of his face, his body, his skating his life or all this together?
This is an explanation:

Das Flipadoren ‏@katarize

http://themythoftheair.tumblr.com/post/95198258395/evgeni-plushenko-art-done-on-sai-can-i-speak… I promise one day I'll stop drawing this man (no, not really).

"Evgeni Plushenko. Art done on SAI.

Can I speak about how important this man is for me? I’ve drawn this as an act of self-care (I’m going through a bad moment right now), because Zhenya has become one of the most comforting things in my life. He’s a reminder that I can be strong, that I need to keep on fighting, that I can make it alive no matter how hard things are. He’s a beautiful and shining diamond.

I owe him a thank you, and I hope one day I’ll be able to thank him face to face. Until then, I can only wish him the best through my art."

some new ones https://twitter.com/pukapukaKRMBN/media

Lilyshenka also worked, new montages some of them:

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/501740755199606784/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/501726147625750529/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/501468873879982082/photo/1 motorbikes

https://twitter.com/Lily_shenka/status/500782660201873408/photo/1 she loves Plushy's eyes

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

This Twitter is great! Some really cute pictures. :) It is curious to me - I see a lot more Plushy fan art than almost any other skater (except Yuzuru nowadays). I suppose it's partly because of his interesting features, his costumes, and of course he's a legend in more ways than one.

I wonder if anyone will nominate him for the ALS ice bucket challenge? I've seen just about everyone else do it by now...

LRK

Record Breaker
I was wondering that too... Who would be most likely to nominate him do you think?