Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 143 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Nicky_10

Rinkside
For the phantom costume I always wondered if it could not be something in direction of the costume that is seen in the back here in Johnny Weir's atelier around 16.58 in this video. I would like something with royal-blue and gold in it :)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well, like most of Yuzuru's costumes, this is once again a tamer/more tasteful version of Johnny's costume. Like NDP didn't go quite as low with the cut. or Etude was sans the excess flappy stuff and netting. All of the glitter and none of the drama.

Maybe this is his mom's influence:laugh:. In this case, sleeves aren't as billowy and the material is different (listen I don't think it was great for 16 year old Weir, but I also didn't like that skate; and I don't think Yuzu's looks too juniorish but a shirt like the time traveller one, or story ex one with less frills would look more mature; I didn't like that it was so baggy at first but it's grown on me, it's different from what he usually wears anyway.).

As for Phantom, did Johnny ever do anything remotely similar? even color-wise; because I think we could make a good guess XD. or since Chopin is Johnny, Phantom won't be.

Eta: Possibilities: 1 1.1 2 3 4 (like ghana) 5 6 and bonus red death 7

Yes, the time traveler shirt would be much better! :agree: I think it's the collar on the Chopin costume I really don't like as it make his neck look too skinny.

All but the last two photos of Johnny I actually saw him skate live in. No 4 was his SP costume at 2005 Nationals in my hometown and actually it wasn't too bad. I agree No 3 might work for Phantom. I think this was Johnny's costume for an exhibition he skated to Frank Sinatra if I'm not mistaken. Phantom is such a strong character, I think it's got to be a formidable costume and not one with lots of ruffles and bling.

Momma Hanyu must get her inspiration from Johnny. :laugh: I'm hoping that like PW, the Phantom costume is different from anything Johnny ever wore. I love Johnny's skating but I think Yuzu has a stronger and more athletic (although still elegant) style.

mandylazio

Rinkside
First post in this forum for my favorite Yuzu! So jealous for his Chinese fans because they could see him twice in one season! Looking forward to COC.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Welcome to Golden Skate and our very own cheese and syrup Hanyu thread. :biggrin:
like that's a bad thing. At least we offer waffles with that! :biggrin:

I'm so waiting for someone to photoshop a screenshot of that clip and put a giant toothbrush in his hands :biggrin: I don't even know why, but it really was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this. (I think my brain is still trying to compensate the CM. The tooth fairy image helps.)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 699-705

I am pretty sure no one post this video before, it is a "teaser" of COC.

[ENG] TOI2014 yuzuru hanyu change (+ interview at the end)

[ENG] SOI2014 oda and hanyu talk

CR: NACHOS SUBTITLE

and thanks for the updates everyone

Love reading orser's interview, now im really looking forward to what his long program will look like! But I too was being skeptical on what orser said about it as the "most beautiful thing he had ever seen", he does sound like he's hyping us about it and i just dont want to be disappointed if its not what i expected it too be..
soo im really really hoping that Yuzuru and co. will prove me wrong and that its truly a beautiful phantom program
and although i somehow accept anything he chooses to wear, im still praying and hoping for a mask-less costume from yuzuru please.. and a red phantom would be truly lovely, well atleast for me

Im hoping that he will be able to rest well, have a good season ahead and provide us with wonderful performances! prove to those "doubters" that he deserves the ogm and world title- not just by winning medals, but by giving good quality performances worthy of it.

=>
At last, I found it. The cartoon describes this TV show after Sochi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agy7-7eP0l0

Try to guess which part (Nobunari talks to Yuzuru, Tatsuki, and Daisuke)

Nobunari is really a nice guy

Plushenko Interview:

I read this through Japanese translation.

http://doverennielitsa.ru/liveinterview/evgenij-plyuschenko-o-populyarizatsii-figurnogo-ka/13

Part where he mentioned about Yuzuru:(by Online Translation into English)

October 16, 2014 01:01
Eugene, you said that you like Jason Brown. But the skater does not perform a quadruple jump, he attracts you? And how do you feel about Alexander Petrov, what are its perspectives, in your opinion?

Alyona

Jason Brown is a good athlete. He has a charisma, a great skating, stretching. He makes interesting tricks, items, so it is interesting. As for Smith, this young athlete, just a beginner and need to prove to him now that he is able to show its full potential. And, of course, if you want to be a leader, you have to do several Quaternary. A few months ago I was in Japan and went there with Yuzuru Hanyū, Saitama, the current Olympic champion. So here he is in training makes four quadruple and makes them simple.

Are you saying we have the athletes or not? We have these and they are good, but may be as long as they do not rise to the level of Yuzuru Hanyū, Saitama, Javier Fernandez. And the athletes they are and will be.
=>
Funny is how Online translation tool renames Petrov in a reply naming him Smith.
Below is my variant:
"Jason Brown is a meritable athlete. He has got a charisma, beautiful skating, he's very flexible. He makes interesting tricks, elements, that's why he is interesting (to me). As per Petrov- he is a young athlete, he is only getting started and now he has to prove what he is capable of, show his potential. And of course if you want to become a leader then you have to perform a few quads. A few months ago I've been to Japan and skated alongside with Yuzuru Hanyu, current Olympic champion. Now- he performs 4 different quads during practice and does them plain out easy.
So you are asking me- do we have athletes or do we not? We have them and they have a certain level which however is not the level of Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez. We do and we will have athletes though (in figure skating)."

Now if you want to understand the below the lines- Plushenko still wants to compete and most probably gives a shot for the next Olympics (although he said he is going to sit out a couple of seasons). He does not name any Russian athlete as his successor. He still believes he is unbeatable in Russia. And no one can claim his power. But he pays a HUGE respect to those athletes who perform quads and when he says that Hanyu does 4 different quads in practice as a piece of cake- you have to understand that he had probably seen very few of them and Hanyu tried his best. It does not mean those quads would pop out this season or even the next one. It is one thing when you do not have to skate the entire 4.40 LP and do a few other exhausting things during it. And just jump out of the desire to win the jump during a training session and to show off is a completely different kind of performance.
Just to add a detail: Plushenko said a few good words about Serghey Voronov and Konstantin Menshov (he named him Alexander though)- because they have made good jobs winning titles on international events being quite old in figure skating.

An old video clip of Yuzu's summer camp posted in instagram: http://instagram.com/p/uSthiiwAWZ/?modal=true. Wonder what they were playing. Looks so much fun!

Not to worry, in one of the news clips on Dailymotion it was said that that gum commercial costume was made "especially for filming the ad". Yes, sigh of relief anyone?

This is the clip: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x289bbg_1020-ぐもに_sport

It also includes footage of him filming the opening footage for TV broadcast. His expressions are priceless. You have to watch! One of the guys said he was there at the shoot and he was making the shoot easy going by his personality (rough translation by my rough Japanese...)

photoThe skate of my hometown – photographed by Sunao Noto

Before Yuzu’s photo book will be published this Friday (October 24), today the photographer Sunao Noto updates some of works in AJPS web. The title is "The skate of my hometown".

See all: http://www.ajps.jp/「同郷のスケーター」-photo能登直/

Some of photos are new to me:
(1) Practice on ice with Borser
(2) Exit from rink after White Swan at TOI
(3) Wearing the boots in his junior days

Besides, there is a promotional photos exhibition in ground floor of Asahi TV building on October 24 -30. In the poster of exhibition, the most spot attracts me is smiling Yuzu-Orser in bottom-right!

exhibition web: http://banq.jp/22878
poster: http://banq.jp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/hanyu_release_org_1015.jpg

Just saw this: some fans asked LOTTE who is the singer at CM, and it turned out that is not Yuzu's voice but somebody else who has a similar voice...
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/88557c73jw1elhj0gvmgnj20hr0dpgmc.jpg

By the way, I am very amused the amazing creation of Japanese fans in tweet today. I vote top three as following:

1 - Lotte XYLITOL Cricket brothers and their coach

(As Lotte's news release video mentioned that Yuzu played a elf role in CM, so we can see different ELF Yuzu! )

2 - little ELF Yuzu sitting on the top of XYLITOL bottle
3 - Big ELF Yuzu holding a lovely genius

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Starting from top left, then go clockwise:
キシリト~ル~: Xylitol~♪
うたう: Sing
おこ: Anger
ドヤ: Smug
しゃらんら~: A kind of spell
ファ~: Weepy sound
なきごえ: Cry

Center:
キシリトールの妖精ユヅル: Xylitol's Fairy Yuzuru

Thank you very much smasma :clap:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Love the "Yuzu Rock and Roll" video too! So exhilarating!

From the comment of the uploader/creator yuzuwalkways (kudos for the great job), it's a birthday video for nonchan yuzu, to whom nonJapanese Yuzuru fans like me owe a huge debt of gratitude for her tireless efforts in making English subs for the Japanese videos on Yuzuru and generally spreading the "gospel" of Yuzuru in her tumblr posts, gifs, etc. Birthday greetings (though a tad late) and best wishes to her!:hb:

Thanks to yhmafan for posting the video link, alia and Tommmy for the picture links, and smasma for the translation.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The photos are so lovely:love:
I have decided not to buy the book, but should I change my mind?
Here in Sendai, every book store has piles of the photo book, it is so hard to resist the temptation:biggrin:
you know there's a bunch of people here who preordered that thing weeks ago to have it shipped half way around the world, right? :biggrin: what kind of answer do you expect?
:popcorn: