Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
We have talked about S-type and M-type really seriously before on this thread :rofl:

As Nobunari had mentioned that Yuzuru was S-type and Nobunari himself was M-type, their fans presented them ドS (do-esu - extreme S-type) T-shirt and ドM (do-emu - extreme M-type) T-shirt.

Nobu says they (Yuzu & Nobu) gave a hearty laugh at that and took the pictures shown in the video.

He also says there are two types of "S" that he likes and he dislikes, and Yuzu is just the S-type he likes :laugh:

The woman besides Nobu says she has the same T-shirt. I was surprised to know it is an article on the market :eek:

skatefan22

Medalist
As far as I understand, Oda says that he gets along pretty well with Akiko, Kanako, and Yuzu. They even have a chat group in LINE so that they can arrange to go out for dinner or something. And then the S & M type dicussion. :biggrin:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
2014 Skate America champion Tatsuki Machida looks ready to take on Yuzu. Two great programs from him and a sense of supremecy will be a challenge but I'm putting my money on Yuzu. :popcorn:

foruiz

Final Flight
I am sure Yuzu has been watching this event from Toronto and is already planning on one hell of a show in two weeks! GP fever is on!!! I am betting on Yuzu too. I like his Ballade more than Tatsuki's SP.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
2014 Skate America champion Tatsuki Machida looks ready to take on Yuzu. Two great programs from him and a sense of supremecy will be a challenge but I'm putting my money on Yuzu. :popcorn:

They are both amazing skaters, but like you, I think Yuzuru will take it in the end! :clap:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Despite being five years younger, Yuzuru in fact is Tatsuki's benchmark.

Tatsuki on Yuzuru:

"I owe my skating in the last season to his skating. We made debuts in the senior field in the same season. He is younger than me by five years, though. I'm aiming at catching up with him and possily beat him in the case there is any room."

"Yuzuru always tries to push the boundaries of himself or even this sport. That's why I respect him so much. And he gives me inspirations to do my best."

"Well, I don't deny the fact that I have a thought in myself that I want to beat him. I aim at winning {the Worlds} if he leaves a room. I'll do my best to overwhelm him."

(Translation by rosewood of FSUniverse)

I think in their rivalry, Yuzuru has an advantage in having two kinds of quad jumps (I feel he'll "own" the quad sal this season). Interestingly, Tatsuki's strategy to win over Yuzuru is to increase his PCS and positive GOES. He won't make things easy for Yuzuru for sure, and I think Yuzuru will all be the better for it.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Is it going to be a battle of two Japanese, at least this season? If they both manage to do great until the Olys- that could have been fantastic.
But first I've got to see what Yuzuru comes with. Machida works really hard and even if I am not his biggest fan- I can't ignore the fact that he was hurt by losing Worlds to Yuzuru and he aims to win no matter what. When you meet this kind of spirit and dedication in an athlete- you have to be sure he will take it all and you have no room for a tiny mistake.
Now, Machida may not be a Patrick in PSC field but watch his choreo- it is done to perfection, both his programs are so fluid, no stupid stops, no muted arms, he goes all in, he is dangerous.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is it going to be a battle of two Japanese, at least this season? If they both manage to do great until the Olys- that could have been fantastic.
But first I've got to see what Yuzuru comes with. Machida works really hard and even if I am not his biggest fan- I can't ignore the fact that he was hurt by losing Worlds to Yuzuru and he aims to win no matter what. When you meet this kind of spirit and dedication in an athlete- you have to be sure he will take it all and you have no room for a tiny mistake.
Now, Machida may not be a Patrick in PSC field but watch his choreo- it is done to perfection, both his programs are so fluid, no stupid stops, no muted arms, he goes all in, he is dangerous.

On the other hand, about Yuzuru. I have no particular expectation for Yuzuru because no matter what he will do, I still enjoy watching him. I like him not because of the medals. With his insane jump layout I don't even think of many more titles for him. His layout is always too risky. I only hope best for Yuzuru's health now. If Yuzuru somehow manages to deliver more clean performances and stays healthy for the next 4 years, it's already a big accomplishment for him. And as someone who enjoy him both on and off ice, that's more than enough.

annca

On the Ice
On the other hand, about Yuzuru. I have no particular expectation for Yuzuru because no matter what he will do, I still enjoy watching him. I like him not because of the medals. With his insane jump layout I don't even think of many more titles for him. His layout is always too risky. I only hope best for Yuzuru's health now. If Yuzuru somehow manages to deliver more clean performances and stays healthy for the next 4 years, it's already a big accomplishment for him. And as someone who enjoy him both on and off ice, that's more than enough.

:agree:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
You didn't have to cut that part about your music insight, it was interesting to read and I see your point.
Now I'm not sure if I should write my thoughts on Machida's performance or is it a strange place to do that in Yuzu's thread- discuss a direct rival to Yuzuru. I'd say he tries too hard but that transfers into a winning score, he leaves a very strong impression.
As per Yuzuru- my heart belongs to him and I love watching him no matter what. Just taking into account his astonishing desire to conquer an absolutely mad jump layout he plans for this season and his current back pain and his desire to win, win, win, win, win!.. I think that... who thought an after Olympic season would be so interesting?
Anyways- I wish Yuzu play smart, take all the necessary measures to stay as healthy as possible. I really want to see him making his way to the next Olys and stay in competitive top. He has a natural gift and it is very rare. Some win with hardwork, some are born to become legendary. I think Yuzu belongs to an elite league. I want him to shine longer. And have no regrets.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I just hope that he will not attempt 3 quads in LP in COC if he is not fully healthy yet. I say 3, because he will attempt for sure at least 2 ... :sarcasm:

I think at the end of the day now in competition it depends if Yuzuru will skate clean or not, that's pretty clear that he have quite an technical advantage over the field

alia jackson

Record Breaker
After world's 2014 LP he was clutching his back. I'm wondering whether the injury was since then...and he did not rest with the ice shows in the summer. When I saw the him doing pilates at cricket club, I was cringing becoz that was how my back pain was aggravated.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Yes, I only wish him to be healthy. I don't even think of medals for him. That back of him is more worrying than any competition.

What do you think you read if you suddenly go inside of Yuzuru's head about upcoming competitions?
Is it: Oh, my back!
Or is it: I wanna win!
Or is it: The 1.1 quads, yay!
Or is it: My POTO costume will make everybody die!
:popcorn:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
After world's 2014 LP he was clutching his back. I'm wondering whether the injury was since then...and he did not rest with the ice shows in the summer. When I saw the him doing pilates at cricket club, I was cringing becoz that was how my back pain was aggravated.
Isn't pilates suppose to help in cure back probs? I'm afraid I saw him clutching his back long before that competition. It's just that Worlds'14 demanded everything that left in his body and he was determined to take that gold no matter what.

Meoima

Match Penalty
What do you think you read if you suddenly go inside of Yuzuru's head about upcoming competitions?
Is it: Oh, my back!
Or is it: I wanna win!
Or is it: The 1.1 quads, yay!
Or is it: My POTO costume will make everybody die!
:popcorn:
His mind: I want to win
His fans: Oh but what about the injury??
Borser: Both!!!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
His mind: I want to win
His fans: Oh but what about the injury??
Borser: Both!!!

They should take Borser out of rink when his skaters are doing big things. Really I couldn't hear Nams program music.
:laugh:
Nam landed quad sal
In background YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Nam LAnded 3A
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS