Michelle vs. Irina | Golden Skate

Michelle vs. Irina

Vash01

Medalist
The ladies competition should be interesting. Many of us will get to see for the first time the new programs for Michelle and Irina. Young Mao Asada is also competing. How will she do? I am really looking forward to this. I just hope Michelle has fully recovered from her injury.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I also pray that Michelle is well enough to go, even though the competition will not be anywhere near as exciting if Michelle is not back up to 100%. Even if she is not back to full form, at least we can get an idea of how she might fare in the spins/spirals/footwork departments. If she is there, how much do you want to bet there will be a fluff where Michelle takes Irina shopping or out to eat, or something like that?

R.D.

Record Breaker
It would be really exciting if Kwan can recover from her injury and attend this competition in full spirits. However, I think it's getting more unlikely by the minute. Shep (MK's agent) said it was only an "outside chance" that she will compete here. I'm tempted to take that as a "no", but you never know...Let's hope she can get into the mix again.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
If Michelle goes, it could prove interesting between her and Irina. Although, Irina does have the upper-hand on Kwan

If Mao Asada is capable of doing the stuff that she didi on the junior level this could prove to be a VERY interesting competition

Mao Asada is Japan's next "Golden Girl"

Vash01

Medalist
I really hope Michelle can go. She needs the feedback from the international judges.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Good question!! MK still appears on the official ISU COC roster, even though her withdrawl has already been announced. The most obvious possible replacements would include Amber (only assigned to 1 GP event so far) or Bebe (also assigned to only 1 GP event so far).

Meissner and Czisny aren't possible I don't think. Czisny has already skated two GP events (one as a replacement) so I think she's out. And Meissner and Hughes are already assigned to two events which is the max, right?

I'm sure there are other skaters lowing in the current standings where COC would be a great opportunity. But I'm sure the lower in the rankings we go, the more scheduling and especially $$ to get to the event become an issue.

I really hope Bebe has been given a shot at this - or Amber - I really respect Amber as well, as a veteran and catch player to Team USA.

Keep us posted on what you hear!

DG

orchid

On the Ice
Amber is already assigned. Geez, usfsa better hurry up already, the thing starts in just a couple of days.