Michelle - Good News/Bad News | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Michelle - Good News/Bad News

ladybug

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Was Sasha assigned to SC? I thought this season seeded skaters only got two assignments. Sasha's GP assignments this season are SA and EBT.

Opps sorry, I meant Skate America. Guess I have been reading too much about Skate Canada and it was lingering in my head.

Ladybug

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Hey Bijoux do you think Slutskaya was lying so she could have more time to spend with Mom or hubby or maybe take some medications that might help her out a little at the Olympics.? Maybe she got Photoshop for Christmas and edited those pics a little? Or do Russian doctors not lie?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Hey Bijoux do you think Slutskaya was lying so she could have more time to spend with Mom or hubby or maybe take some medications that might help her out a little at the Olympics.? Maybe she got Photoshop for Christmas and edited those pics a little? Or do Russian doctors not lie?

I'm an equal opportunity fan. I say they are ALL a bunch of dirty rotten liars.

KIDDING!!!

Can't believe 1) this thread is 13 pages and 2) I'm making a further contribution.

DG

Mathman said:
Rgirl, to me, another way to look at it is, if you "have a feeling" that someone else's fave is a bad person, you could remain silent out of respect for your friend.

Anyway, ...
Rgirl said:
I've made my pledge to suck it up...if somebody says my skater has ugly hair.

OK, now you have MADE me post this picture of Ilia Kulik's 2001 hair cut.

http://www.skatephoto.com/taramm/taramm-ik-21.JPG

And here's Krylova and (I think) Ovsiannikov from the same event (Tara's Miracle Tour)

http://www.skatephoto.com/taramm/taramm-k&o-9.JPG

MM :)
ALL RIGHT!!! GOSH DARN IT!!! LET'S GET THIS THREAD BACK TO IMPORTANT ISSUES!

Although IMO Ilia Kulik is a gorgous skater whether his head is shaved or his hair is rock-star long so the wind can blow through it as he speeds around the ice at Mach-1, you're entitled to insinuate that Ilia Kulik looks ugly with his hair so short (I think that's what you're doing, yes?) and I will be happy to suck it up.:)

As for Krylova and Ovsiannikov, um, I liked them okay as an ice dance team and prior to Krylova's back injury, I thought she could be really stunning, but unfortunately was undercut by "blah" choreography and exaggerated facial expressions that definitely weren't my cup of tea.

So the photo of Anjelica's dress over Oleg's head is supposed to make me feel....?

Well, whatever the K&O photo is supposed to do to me, I'm happy to suck it up!

As for your first comment, "Rgirl, to me, another way to look at it is, if you "have a feeling" that someone else's fave is a bad person, you could remain silent out of respect for your friend," I don't think forum pals or friends are the problem. Of course nobody expects everybody here to be friends or even like or respect each other. JMO, but some posters--fortunately very few on GS--seem to like endlessly posting things in response to the opinion of someone who they really, REALLY come across as not liking or worse (of course I can't read their minds) just because they like to fight. This is where I see these threads turn into yet another "beat a dead horse" among a few posters.

I'm not saying anybody should not have his/her say, but some people have their say and say and say and say and say and say and say it again the same way all over again just to prove....what?

As Mathman said, the mods have to read every thread to look for cussing and other naughtyness. I do try to keep my posts short, but I will try harder and perhaps other people, with the mods in mind, will consider trying to cut down on the number of times they repeat the same argument over and over in post after post.

Of course people are free to post whatever they want within the GS guidelines. This is just my response to Mathman's plea to "have a little mercy."

After all, we've already had three "Kwan Fans vs. Non-Kwan Fans" threads and Michelle hasn't even skated yet this season!

JMO.

Rgirl

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I prefer Rgirl's posts just as they are...please don't change them, especially by saying less!!!

About this thread, I have no idea what it is about...but since it says michelle news in the title, I'll just say the only good news to me about Marshalls is that I might see Michelles skate.

Rgirl said:
So the photo of Anjelica's dress over Oleg's head is supposed to make me feel....?
Happy. I thought it was funny. I thought you might get a chuckle out of it, too.:)

A personal note about friends. The only skater that I ever bashed on the Internet is Irina Slutskaya, way back when she was Michelle's only competition, LOL. Then I "met" Excidra on this board, and he obviously loves Irina to pieces, so I stopped.

Qui bono? Me. After that I started liking Irina more and more, both her skating and the glimpses of her personality that we are favored with. :yes:

About long posts. Oh, Rgirl! I know you didn't think I was complaining about long and superbly written posts chock full of interesting goodies and insightful analysis. If you were fishing for a complement, here it is, LOL. Your posts are the T-bone steak that the rest of us can only hope to add a sprig of parsley to.

MM

Last edited: