Six exams down, three to go | Golden Skate

Six exams down, three to go

CDMM1991

Medalist
This week is the dreaded EXAM WEEK at my school. I have already done six exams. Four weren't this week obviously. We have certain exams that are sprinkled around in late November and early December that are more minor exams, and then our five main courses are all in one week.

I did English Usage, Science Lab, Civics, and French Oral exams earlier, and then yesterday I had my main French exam, and today I had Social Studies (a combination of history and geography). French went well, it's usually one of my stronger subjects, and Social Studies went well too, I can only hope I stay this lucky for the coming three tehe.

I have Advanced Math tomorrow, which I'm actually not too worried about because it's definitely my favorite course, and it's definitely where I excel. But I have Bio on Thursday, and that's a toughie for me. I have English Literature on Friday which isn't one of my strengths, but all I can really do is read the books, which I have done.

Anyways wish me luck, and if I'm on GS for too long this week, tell me to go study!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Good Luck to you!!! Go ROCK the rest of your tests. Ace 'em all! Bet you'll be glad when Friday comes!

DG

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'm done!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Now all I have left between me and Christmas freedom is reports cards on Wednesday.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm sure you will get an awesome report card!! Let us know after you pick it up. Best wishes!

DG

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey CD! How were those grades? My youngest son finished finals last week. He's got a white board set up and he's been posting grades as he gets them. (They posted at websites here.) Let us know. Keeping our finger's crossed.....:thumbsup: 42

CDMM1991

Medalist
[Sigh of relief] I'm actually on Christmas vacation now haha. BTW I'm in grade nine, and I go to a Catholic Private School called Sacred Heart. They can be found all over the world, and there are several in the US.

The marks were good in general ...

For English, I got an 87.5 on my literature exam, a 92.5 on my usage exam, and 90 overall. For one of my weaker subjects, I was happy! :) haha

In French I got an 89 on my exam and a 93 overall. It's usually one of my stronger subjects so the 89 was a bit of a goof but I'm fine with 93 overall.

In Advanced Math I got an 95.6 [such a math teacher thing to do, give you your exam mark to the tenth of a point :laugh: ] on the exam, and a 97 overall! That was most people's hardest subject, but it's my strength and I was VERY happy with that haahahah.

In Science I got a 89 on the theory exam, an 88.5 on the lab exam, and an 89 overall. Again one of my weaker subjects, and it was a tough exam, so I was happy :)

In Social Studies I got a 92.5 on the exam, and a 92 overall, so that was good too.

Anyways, you get an extra percentage point for taking an advanced course so my average with that is 93.2, and you get high honours with an average above 90, so I was happy I got that. A few of my friends had averages of like 89.xx! So frustrating!

Anyways, thanks for the support GSers; you definitely helped me get through my exams :p :clap:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Cdmm1991..

Congratulations!!! :rock: :rofl: :agree: :biggrin: :love: and THEN some for your report card party! I hope you are having fun celebrating this with friends and family!!

WOO HOO!!

DG

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go, CD......spectacular grades. Keep up the good work......:rock: 42

CDMM1991

Medalist
Thanks guys! I'll try to keep it up for the rest of the year, and maybe even improve it! :p

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
How come you have all exams at the same time in the US. If we (I live in sweden) have more than like 3 tests a week, everyone just complaints a bit to the teacher and they move the test. I guess we're a bit spoiled over here...

CDMM1991

Medalist
Engwaciriel said:
How come you have all exams at the same time in the US. If we (I live in sweden) have more than like 3 tests a week, everyone just complaints a bit to the teacher and they move the test. I guess we're a bit spoiled over here...

Engwaciriel, these aren't normal tests. These are end-of-term "exams" that include material that covers the whole term's work. For a period of a week and a half right before Christmas, there are no classes, just these tests in the morning, and then we go home and study for the next one. Apart from this week and half of pure exams, in late November, I have some smaller sub-exams that aren't worth quite as much, and we wouldn't have more than two of those in one week.

:laugh: Our teachers stopped agreeing to move our tests as soon as we got into grade seven. They tell us it prepares us for the multi-tasking that is necessary in life better. :laugh:

Oh, and BTW I live in Canada ;) :laugh:

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
CDMM1991 said:
Engwaciriel, these aren't normal tests. These are end-of-term "exams" that include material that covers the whole term's work. For a period of a week and a half right before Christmas, there are no classes, just these tests in the morning, and then we go home and study for the next one. Apart from this week and half of pure exams, in late November, I have some smaller sub-exams that aren't worth quite as much, and we wouldn't have more than two of those in one week.

:laugh: Our teachers stopped agreeing to move our tests as soon as we got into grade seven. They tell us it prepares us for the multi-tasking that is necessary in life better. :laugh:

Oh, and BTW I live in Canada ;) :laugh:

hmm..still no exams here..luckily..