Kwan WD's from Nat. | Golden Skate

Kwan WD's from Nat.

eliza88

On the Ice
Why speculate? She is an injured athlete with a phenomenal resume. It hasn't been dishonesty and trickery that has won her medals all these years...sheesh!

eliza88

flying camel

Medalist
This is not good. Didn't Paul Wylie say that the groin injuury is the worst injury and you can't get rid of it.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Groin injuries are hard to get rid of, but Fumie seems to have done so. I think that Michelle will have to be cleared by a physician to get her "bye"

R.D.

Record Breaker
WHAT?

NO WAY!

Wow...I must admit I wasn't expecting this!

Well, too bad...but I'm confident she'll get that spot on the Oly team. Only the Top Two at Nats will get an Oly spot

R.D.

Record Breaker
So, Slutskaya had to pull out of Russian Nats, and now Kwan has to pull out of U.S. Nats. Even though setbacks ultimately caused these withdrawals, does one think they would be better off for the Olys in the long run? (maybe this warrants another thread.)

nicole_l

Final Flight
:cry: :cry: :cry: :disagree: :no: :scowl: :disapp:
Maybe I'm selfish but I want to see her do well before she retires!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
flying camel said:
This is not good. Didn't Paul Wylie say that the groin injuury is the worst injury and you can't get rid of it.

One kept Babilonia & Gardner from skating in teh olympics, so I would say yes it is :(

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I shouldn't have read this thread at work.........now the rest of the day is a let-down......:disagree: 42

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^^^Me either. Sigh....I hope and pray that she heals up quickly and I will definitely miss seeing her skate again at Nats. :cry:

Dyan

On the Ice
This news is very :frown: .

Hopefully missing nationals though regrettable will give Michelle sufficient time to recover enough to compete in Turin. A groin injury is something to worry about though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
^^^^Me either. Sigh....I hope and pray that she heals up quickly and I will definitely miss seeing her skate again at Nats. :cry:

*hugs* I thought of you the minute I got the news.....

Linny

Final Flight
Record

No chance to beat Maribel's 10 National titles, either. Sob.
Linny

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It makes one wonder how serious her injury is. I hope she is in Turin(it is all up to her health, you know she will get the bye, and absolutely deserves to get the bye as well), but now you have to wonder just how serious the injury is and if she will be able to go to Turin at all.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I really feel sorry for the people going to Nats, though. I bet over half the people were going just to see MK compete one more time. Now they won't get that opportunity.

But a little Q- once a skater pulls out of an event, can she enter back in? (probably not, but I just want to know if it's possible)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RD, my guess is no....

I'm more bummed because the clash of the titans (MK and Cohen) won't happen, but I still think nationals will be exciting with or without the "headliner"

Alexei'sgirl

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Well, too bad...but I'm confident she'll get that spot on the Oly team. Only the Top Two at Nats will get an Oly spot

Actually, it's only the Champions in each discipline that will automatically be named to the Oly team. The other spots will all be decided by the US Figure Skating International Committee once the competition for each discipline has concluded. They actually have until Jan 30 to submit the team to Turin.