Nancy Kerrigan Announcement on "Insider" | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan Announcement on "Insider"

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"The Insider" was just doing a spot on "Skating With the Stars". It is on at 12:30 pm here but I think most of the country saw this episode yesterday. After showing Kerrigan they said. "Want to see more of Nancy Kerrigan? Tune in tomorrow for a special announcment." I wonder what this means? Do you think it has anything to do with Olympic coverage?

We won't get "tomorrow's show" until Monday. Any of you get Insider in the evenings?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe check their official website to see if they have a transcript?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
No transcript but 'The Insider" site says that Nancy and Pat will be counting down the best skaters of all time.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Piel said:
No transcript but 'The Insider" site says that Nancy and Pat will be counting down the best skaters of all time.

Best skaters -- per discipline? or just some "best" list? I mean -- it is easy to say that T & D are the best ice dancers, but I would think that comparing them to Sonia Henie to determine "the best" is problematic, at best.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
All it said was "the best". Do you think Oksana B. and Tonya H.will make her list?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel said:
All it said was "the best". Do you think Oksana B. and Tonya H.will make her list?

hmmm they might get mentioned... but one got injured, had a run in with alchohol, and never really kept up with the hype... the other lived for the hype and screwed herself up that she never did meet the expectations... granted Nancy's had choice things to say about both in the past (Tonya deservingly so) but yeah lol

My guess is Boitano and Hamilton will get mentioned... Browning is a possiblity... then there's Button, Hamill, Henie, and Flemming to consider...

I wouldn't doubt it if was overloaded with American's with just a sprinkling of "internationals"

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
hmmm they might get mentioned...

My guess is Boitano and Hamilton will get mentioned... Browning is a possiblity... then there's Button, Hamill, Henie, and Flemming to consider...

I wouldn't doubt it if was overloaded with American's with just a sprinkling of "internationals"

I also wonder how far back it will go ... to the days of Ulrich Salcow and Madge Sayers, maybe?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here's a link...mostly talks about Nancy:

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/3621/

They metioned Oksana and Katarina. Kristi was shown too. It says starting Monday...wonder how long it'll run? Guess we'll be seeing a lot more skaters/skating leading up to the Olympics...gotta be on my toes to catch everything! :biggrin:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Joe, I don't think this is a serious list. It'll probably rely heavily on who they have "file footage" on. :laugh: These shows (Insider, Extra, etc.) love to do countdowns..."the top ten hollwood breakups", "the top ten scandals of the year", etc. etc. and I don't think anyone takes those too seriously.

I expect to see on the list many Americans, many ladies, many gold medalists and anyone who had a notable story (e.g. Katia). It will be interesting though to see if Tonya gets a mention...I'm going to guess that she does. If not on the list, I'm betting she'll at least be mentioned!

Eeyora

Final Flight
Of course they have got to mention the Kween. If they don't I can picture a lot of nasty emails.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
On today's 12:30pm show ( some saw this last Friday)....

(Shows Pat OBrian and NK)
PO'B "Now a major Insider announcment. You watch her on Skating With Celebrities but she's with us now. Folks, nancy Kerrigan."

NK "Pat, I am so excited to be here. We have a blockbuster event you don't want to miss."

Announcer "Coming this Monday on The Insider Nancy Kerrigan and Pat O'Brian team up to bring you the greatest skaters of all time. The greatest stories you never knew."

NK "An Insider special event you don't want to miss."

Announcer "Dorothy Hamill, Katarina Witt, Tai Babilonia."

PO'B to NK "Who do you think is the best female skater of all time?"

Announcer "The all new Insider interviews with the women who captivated the world....Peggy Fleming, Tara Lipinski, Oksana B. The drinking, the drama, the disappointments."

NK "The queens of the ice with the insider who knows them all

PO'B (shown sitting between NK and KY)"Two of the great ladies of FS Nancy Kerrigan and Kristi Yamaguchi."

Announcer "Ten skaters, one show."

NK "Real stories from inside the rink."

Announcer "Whatever happened to the greatest stars of FS?

NK "It's gonna be big."

Announcer "The Insider's On Ice starts this Monday."

PO'B (to NK) "Together again, this is going to be fun, isn't it."

NK (to PO'B) "It's going to be so much fun I'm really glad to be here. I think we make a pretty good team."

PO'B "You know what, so do I. I'll see you on Monday OK?"

Enough hype for you? I doubt if we hear anything new, LOL. But as others have mentioned at least they are talking about FS!

purplecat said:
Joe, I don't think this is a serious list. It'll probably rely heavily on who they have "file footage" on. :laugh: These shows (Insider, Extra, etc.) love to do countdowns..."the top ten hollwood breakups", "the top ten scandals of the year", etc. etc. and I don't think anyone takes those too seriously.

I expect to see on the list many Americans, many ladies, many gold medalists and anyone who had a notable story (e.g. Katia). It will be interesting though to see if Tonya gets a mention...I'm going to guess that she does. If not on the list, I'm betting she'll at least be mentioned!
PC - I want to know about the Top Ten Byes.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe

Maybe the "big announcement" will be that Michelle is being dropped from the Olympic team and Nancy will step in for her. Turnabout, you know.;)

tarotx

On the Ice
Misplaced Gymnast said:
Maybe the "big announcement" will be that Michelle is being dropped from the Olympic team and Nancy will step in for her. Turnabout, you know.;)

How is that turnabout? It maybe full circle but not really it's regression. I think a young skater gettting bumped by Michelle is kind of turnabout.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
OK, today they say it will be a ten day series..."one Queen of the Ice" each day. They showed very briefly clips of Peggy, Dorothy, Oksana B.,Kristi, Nancy, Tai, and Kwan.

Drum roll please....

Todays Queen...(don't know if they are in order but am thinking they are starting with #10)

Tai-because of the tragedy surrounding her career and life, "the light came on while she was getting her stomach pumped". She is now writing children's book.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Queen #2....................

Peggy Fleming - for the way she's always handled everything with grace including her bout with breast cancer. Did you know that Peggy and her hubby own and live on a working vineyard? One of her favorite things to do is walk around the vineyard at sunset with a glass of wine and check out the grapes.

Tomorrow's"Queen" will be Oksana B.

euterpe

Medalist
Oksana Baiul? She had one good skate and won the OGM (although, IMO, Nancy should have won), and then was gone. She blew her pro career with her alcoholism and extreme diva behavior, and at 28, can barely skate at all now. Nancy, who is 35 and had her second child less than a year ago, outskated Oksana at a recent pro competition.