Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for a photo of the Ina Bauer move

Luv Deep Edges!

Ina Bauers

Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic".

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anything_for_skating
    Yeah, Ina Buer move is really amazing....

Can any of you do it? I can and I L-O-V-E to do it, espesially in my short program...
    I would LOVE to see a picture of you doing that. To me, it's just one of the most amazing moves in FS (me not being a figure skater!!) If there was one move I would like to do, it would be that one. The Big Barrier is that I would first have to be able to stand up on skates, which I can't do. So I find THAT impressive!!

New thought... During the post Oly/World's summer, we should see if CDMM would be willing to put together something cool to music, compiling pics / video clips of all of you who are REALLY in the game - putting your money where your blades are. !!!

DG

Luv Deep Edges!
    Doggygirl -

I'm so thankful you confessed .... I can't stand up on skates for the life of me!! I'd sooner be able to give birth to triplets than be able to go once around the rink without a hand on the ice.

Problem is, my feet cramp after about 10 minutes in skates. I suppose my high arches are not supported by rental skates; a situation I hope to correct when I can afford custom boots.

Has anyone seen the variation Jeff Buttle performs where his feet are in 4th position - the feet are parallel about 1 foot apart? Its rather like an Ina but without the front leg bent, both legs are straight.... its not easy to describe but very beautiful and clean looking. I think its Buttle but I may be wrong.

Has anyone seen the move I'm describing, and what man does it?

Thanks for the help. Tenorguy

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Question

It's really a gorgeous move Just out of curiousity, how much is it worth under COP (and what level?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenorguy
    Maruru - many thanks for those 2 exquisite pictures! Sasha's is really something; the turn out of both legs is very special - VERY ballet, and I think that is one of the reasons real skating fans appreciate this particular move. I love turned out from the hip leg line..... call me "Balanchinistic".

Man, I would love to surprise the heck out of my friends by pulling a move like that out of the blue!

Tenorguy

With regards to Sasha's positions in her Ina Bauer as a ballet position, off season during the summer she takes private ballet lessions.

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    It's really a gorgeous move Just out of curiousity, how much is it worth under COP (and what level?)
    I don't think it's really worth anything under COP. It could be seen as a transitional element or as a difficult entrance into a jump, which Shizuka has done before.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks!

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    I am not sure about Ina Bauer move, but I think that helps you get bigger level is your program.

SkateFan4Life

Beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing that with us, Mathman!

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by maruru
    Another Shizza's and Sasha's. Beautiful.
    In that picture, Sasha Cohen's leotard is giving her a big wedgie, which oddly enough, is usually Arakawa's problem.[/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2