Question on CCM skate guards | Golden Skate

Question on CCM skate guards

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Hi everyone!! After I don't know how much passed time, I'm here again!!😁
This summer I spent my vacations in Sweden, and looking around for little shops, I went to some second hand store that the Swedish calls "Loppis". And... who could have ever expected?? I found a couple of new blade guards!! And I took them obviously😊
Now, here some information about them:
1- They are CCM brand, white, it's written "made in Canada" and they came with their own screws and instructions
2- they are hard-silicone-look like, but I'm not so sure about the exactly material composition
3- they are completely new, so never been cut for blade size

Now, do you suppose once I get them on my blade size, I could do some off ice jumping practice with them on? And what quality do you rate for this blade guards?
Sorry, I'd like to post a photo but I don't know how to do it, please tell me if you'd like to see the photo, and if so please give me some aknowledge about posting that, thank you!!
Thank you everyone guys!!🤗

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi everyone!! After I don't know how much passed time, I'm here again!!😁
This summer I spent my vacations in Sweden, and looking around for little shops, I went to some second hand store that the Swedish calls "Loppis". And... who could have ever expected?? I found a couple of new blade guards!! And I took them obviously😊
Now, here some information about them:
1- They are CCM brand, white, it's written "made in Canada" and they came with their own screws and instructions
2- they are hard-silicone-look like, but I'm not so sure about the exactly material composition
3- they are completely new, so never been cut for blade size

Now, do you suppose once I get them on my blade size, I could do some off ice jumping practice with them on? And what quality do you rate for this blade guards?
Sorry, I'd like to post a photo but I don't know how to do it, please tell me if you'd like to see the photo, and if so please give me some aknowledge about posting that, thank you!!
Thank you everyone guys!!🤗
CCM has long been a major hockey equipment company in Canada, although they do make some items for recreational skaters. Their hockey equipment is good quality, but I have no experience with their recreational skating items, if you're sure the guards you found are indeed intended for figure skate blades and not for hockey blades? I took a quick look at the CCM Canada website and didn't see any guards shaped for figure blades, but I may have not looked far enough. If you can possibly get a picture and add it (click on Attach Files at the bottom of the screen), that would show what kind of blade the guards are intended for.

Personally, I would never jump at all with guards on. The silicone can be slippery even with the crossways grooves on the bottom, and I've frequently had a guard (not CCM brand) come slightly off-track and wobble just while walking on the rubber mats. I cringe at the thought of landing from even a small jump!

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Hello!! Sorry for my late response..
I thank you so much you everyone for your racomandations!!! I will follow your advices.
I've tried to post a photo, but I got some problem, but I link an online shop where you can see my guards!! They are exactly the same.
I have to add that on my instruction paper there are both the hokey blade drawing and the figure blade one!! It is described how to get the right lenght both for the two different blades, but yes me too can't find CCM skate guards expressly for figure skaters!!
Anyway, do you suggest that kind of skate guards wouldn't be the top for figure blades? I have also intention to talk about that with my personal fitter, but I can't do it so soon, but sure I will re-get the thead and tell you what he'll say to me!!
Thank you again!!😃

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi. This is exactly what we have told you previously in the thread. You need figure skate guards which are definitely not made by CCM a Hockey company.
Figure skate blades are TOTALLY different than Hockey blades.
You need something like these
Be aware if you are ordering them from that site and designing your own you must be able to input your blade manufacturer, blade style, rev/non rev/lite/non lite or traditional, and blade size. This is all important so you order covers properly for your blade.

You can also order online old style figure skate guards.

Remember to always use hard guards when walking back and forth to ice, and when done skating to wipe off blades and boot sole with a towel and place soakers on the blade.

Good luck!

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Here I come, thank you so much for these further information, many of them new to me!! I will follow all these advices!! Now I see the pretty difference between one blade guard and an other and I am better informed!!
Thanks again for your time!