Skaters carrying the flag in the Opening Ceremony | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters carrying the flag in the Opening Ceremony

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Afraid of the truth? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you have some proof to support your accusation, I'm sure we would all be glad to see it. Until then, I suggest you refrain from inflammatory and imaginary gossip.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
I believe these were the skaters to carry the flag:
Fleur Maxwell
Vakhtang Murvanidze
Galit Chait
George Chiper
Kevin van der perren
Carolina Kostner
don't think there were anyone else...I'm not sure but I think I caught a glimpse of Stephan Lambiel though..:love:

And don't you just get chills everytime u here turandot?? could just see Shen & Zhao skating there..:)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Intrestingly, there was only a single instance when a Russian/Soviet figure skater was a flag bearer. This distinction belongs to Andrei Bukin. Also, not a single time there was a female flag bearer for Russia/USSR. Last 2 flag bearers did not medal. I think it's really who is in town on the opening day as opposed to who will bring home the bacon.

sk8rmommy

Rinkside
Tugba Karademir is a figure skater that trains in Canada, but represents Turkey. She was the flag bearer for her country.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
No skaters carrying the Olympic flag, but this from The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/10/AR2006021000256_2.html

For the first time, eight women carried the Olympic flag: Italian actress Sophia Loren, Chilean writer Isabel Allende, American actress Susan Sarandon, Nobel Peace-prize winner Wangari Maathai of Kenya, and three Olympic medal winners. They were Nawal El Moutawakel of Morocco, Manuela Di Centa of Italy, and Maria Mutola of Mozambique. The eighth was Cambodian human rights activist Somaly Mam.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
sk8rmommy said:
Tugba Karademir is a figure skater that trains in Canada, but represents Turkey. She was the flag bearer for her country.
oh, I knew I recognized her...but I didn't think she was going..but I'm so happy she is! she skated great at the euros..:clap:

Engwaciriel

On the Ice

IS79

Rinkside
Engwaciriel said:
Igor Lukanin did not carry the flag..some old man did...don't think he was one of the actives..Lukanin and Fraser walked behind..

Well, I did miss Azerbaijan and I only read this on the official site. So they might have changed it. Thanks for the correction.