Votes: 22 17.2%
  • irina slutskaya

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I have to go with Sasha. She has more flexibility than most of them out there. There are some skaters that are great, that is for sure but Sasha really sells it and her expression is wonderful. I have always loved Michelle's but I really haven't seen enough of her great spirals in the last few years to compare anymore. But Michelle is a close second.

Some of the spiral sequences that I have seen this year in compeition are terrible - no height, wobbley, just plain ole' boring. You would think that coaches would instill in their students to work on all aspects of their programs with this new judging system. Most of the sequences are all the same so make it the best.

evenstar

Final Flight
I voted for Shizuka. She has such a steady edge, and the move where she lifts her foot up and then lets go is just amazing. She can hold it for what seems to be AGES! I can only get my leg up about 90 degrees. :laugh:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
seanibu said:
There is one place that she has always shined FAR (well... pritty much noticably better) above the rest, If it wasn't for the camera staying flat, you wouldn't even know she was switching edges.
Her name should be Silky Sasha!:bow:

Honestly I don't know if this should have even been a question unless you left Sasha out. All the other ladies wobble a tiny bit. And Shizuka would be second choice for me at least!

There should just be a place for all of those who just want MK to always be the best so they can go there ( I would have joined you at the beginning of 2005). I must say it, Michelle is still the best in her foot work, :bow: but now there are others who are better in Every other element - it happens to all skaters eventually. She's great, I really think she was at one time the best in the world, but that time has passed and she will be a considered for many years to come, as well as a inspiration. But people, this is not ALL about popularity. She hasn't lost it all....but she will not go out like "a John Elway" for lack of a better example. Reigning queen for 10 years, I agree, but her spiral during her "6.0" routine at the "Campbell's Nationals" she was not as smooth as Sasha. I think they opened the polls to call in votes or something. Again, MK is awesome, she ruled! Don't overlook the INCREDIBLE tallent that is out there and around the corner. It's time to be fare to the rest of the ladies, loose the MK goggles, I have - it was hard, but it is time.:boohoo:
- still just a factual oppinion that is open to interpretation.

BTW. Irina is my all time favorite celebrity / Skater - not Sasha or Michelle. A great daughter and and example of over coming illness to be the best at what you do, that's an EXTRA great person!
LMFAO if it weren't for her blade being on a flat most of the time, I'd almost think her spiral was up to par with the other ladies! As for the wobbles, Sasha's had her fair share of them on her spirals. Overall, Michelle's spiral sequence has more steadiness and flow than Sasha's. The best of all, though, I think is Carolina Kostner's. SOOOOOOOO fast, deep and steady edges, effortless change of edge, and nice extension.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
LMFAO if it weren't for her blade being on a flat most of the time, I'd almost think her spiral was up to par with the other ladies! As for the wobbles, Sasha's had her fair share of them on her spirals. Overall, Michelle's spiral sequence has more steadiness and flow than Sasha's. The best of all, though, I think is Carolina Kostner's. SOOOOOOOO fast, deep and steady edges, effortless change of edge, and nice extension.

I guess I did over exaggerate a tad.:laugh: And is she really flat or just so close you can't tell????:unsure: :laugh: I will give you this one because I am sure you know more then I, but out of what was up there I stick with Sasha, Shi-chan and now that I am reviewing old videos with a growing knowledge, the other for me might go to Nicole Bobek.

And I will be honest, I was not sure on what all constituted the spiral sequence, was answering this more on the position. I don't know what the move Sasha dose with the leg perfectly flat to her chest and then she changes direction and I think edge. that blows my mind how she could have that kind of control. SAnd when Shi-chan lets go WTF!!!! wow.

Anyway that is where my vote(s) stand, even if I might be wrong from the Tech point of view those are my FAVORITES. I like what I like. And I will say MK every time I can remember, was rock solid. Graceful power with a overtone of charm and rhythm.:p Cheeze I know, but honest.

I remember last year - maybe the words??? - Shasha just did a horrible job. Could barly pull her leg up. but the look of determination was so cool,:love: it might not have been the "best or cleanest" but It was my second favorite as I remember of the night.

BTW, what does LMFAO mean? If it is "obscene" you can "pm" me I don't mind. I am sure it is nothing I might not say from time to time, but can't figure it out.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
dancindiva03 said:
The best of all, though, I think is Carolina Kostner's. SOOOOOOOO fast, deep and steady edges, effortless change of edge, and nice extension.

The problem I have with Carolina's spiral sequence is that her change of edge spiral is not smooth. She always has that little hitch in her hip when she changes the edge...the same thing Kimmie does. Just a pet peeve of mine as a viewer.