Votes: 22 17.2%
  • irina slutskaya

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
for me it's really a toss up between several skaters, but when push comes to shove, i suppose i would pick sasha's.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Though Sasha's are the most magnificent, Alissa's have much better edges and speed, and she also has amazing extension as well.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
bethissoawesome said:
for me it's really a toss up between several skaters, but when push comes to shove, i suppose i would pick sasha's.
I agree, but all are nice.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
For spiral sequence - Sasha. However, if Ina Bauer is included - then Shizuka.

Kasey

Medalist
I think Shizuka has as awesome positions as Sasha with a steadier edge....my vote goes to her.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Shizuka's blew me away this year! While Sasha has the most extensions/flexibility of all ladies, I love that Shiz took an "old" spiral position and made it new with that catch foot and let go side split she did. Amazing. And of course her edges and speed and ice coverage are tops as well! I wish we could've seen Michelle's spiral sequence...hopefully at Worlds.

I have to say that I am soooo sick off all the "dog peeing on a hydrant" positions and of course, the beillmann spiral position all over the place. And the erratic COE...opps, went O/T...

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I have to go with Shizuka. She has the extention, but doesn't take it to quite the . . . extreme that Sasha does. I think Sasha's cross the line between making a beautiful line and just going "look how far I can hyperflex my joints." Michelle has the nicest classical spiral, but in terms of variety, beautiful lines, and solidity of edging, Shizuka has it. (She saves her "OMG no one should bend like that!" for the Ina Bauer...yikes!)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Miki Ando's isn't on here? Hey, 80% of the ladies out there look graceful doing a spiral, but it takes true talent to maintain that horrid position and then have to put your hand up against the boards while doing it into the bargain.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Excellent points

julietvalcouer, that is very interesting. Her verity was beyond what was performed by the others. I think you are someone who is worth listening to.:agree:

new_europe2006

Rinkside
I'd have to go with Michelle since she has the combination of extension (which is how high you hold your leg, the straightness of the knees, and how you hold your back), speed, deep edges, flow, and holding the positions.

Everybody claims what wonderful extension Sasha has but the thing is that she dips her back down in order to get her leg up higher which is easier to do that having your back up and arched.

Jane2

Rinkside
new_europe2006 said:
I'd have to go with Michelle since she has the combination of extension (which is how high you hold your leg, the straightness of the knees, and how you hold your back), speed, deep edges, flow, and holding the positions.

Everybody claims what wonderful extension Sasha has but the thing is that she dips her back down in order to get her leg up higher which is easier to do that having your back up and arched.

I would have to agree with you whole heartadely. :agree:

dutchherder

Final Flight
I would say that probably technically, Sasha's is the best, but I *enjoy* watching Michelle's more, because I think *Michelle* enjoys it more... Rarely does Sasha look like she's having fun out there.

kaesie

Rinkside
michelle's spiral

michelle's spiral sequence is one of the highlights
of her programs. not only is her spiral sequence fast and flowing, with steady
edges...but she set the bar for everyone else.
A spiral sequence should not solely be t a "how high can I get my leg up?" contest.
I think everyone will REMEMBER michelle's spiral sequences as such
pure skating.

Lonewolf

On the Ice
Although Michelle’s spiral is stunning, I feel that Sasha’s is better and more elegant.

bruised

Rinkside
Michelle Kwan. Her spirals are steady and have good speed. Her back isn't low (look at Sasha's spirals now). Michelle's extension is also great. Sasha's spiral seem to ... well, sag now. Michelle's always looks steady.