Men's LP...play-by-play coverage/comments | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Men's LP...play-by-play coverage/comments

CDMM1991

Medalist
rob43 said:
Is 2-5 the same as 1-4 at 05 Worlds?

And look at Matt in 7th!!! Sucks to miss a medal but when has the USA ever put 3 men top 7.

Yes they are!

And wow! for the US men. That's strong skating! Hopefully they'll all hang in for the World Championships and they'll get some medals there.

Still puzzled over Takahashi's TES score. Was there something we missed?
I do believe that Jeff deserved the bronze, but not by that much.

Jasper

Final Flight
enlight78 said:
Maybe there was a computer error with takahashi scores, which will lead to another skating scandle giving us a completely different judging system involving colors instead of numbers.

:lol:

I feel like Takahashi's technical scores will be reviewed. Certainly Japanese Federation will complain.

I don't care, as long as they don't take that medal away from the Canuck. ;)

Jasper

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
I'm confused, are these the medal winners??

Dee

Yes, and Gold for Plushenko obviously. He deserved it, it's just too bad he didn't have any competition tonight.

Evan can take pride in the fact that he had the 2nd best LP of the night.

CDMM1991

Medalist
On the link that Dee provided the detailed classifications are there, and it says that Takahashi's quad was considered a triple, then with -3 GOE, he only gets 1 point for it. Also another element was considered invalid. I'll check which one that was in a second.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Jasper said:
:lol:

I feel like Takahashi's technical scores will be reviewed. Certainly Japanese Federation will complain.

Well the judges certainly weren't in a hurry to hand out the marks. That was one long delay before they announced them.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Jasper said:
Yes, and Gold for Plushenko obviously. He deserved it, it's just too bad he didn't have any competition tonight.

Evan can take pride in the fact that he had the 2nd best LP of the night.

No he didnt, he had about the 6th best long program of the night. If he was scored according to his abilities rather than his hype he would have been skating in the first flight after the short program.

Jasper

Final Flight
I'm not surprised Daisuke's quad was called as a triple, because when I was watching the program live I thought it looked like a triple and I thought he left out the quad on purpose. Then I read people here say that he actually did a quad but fell according to the commentary. But I do think was under-rotated, although I'd love to see a slow-motion shot to analyze.

Jasper

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:
No he didnt, he had about the 6th best long program of the night. If he was scored according to his abilities rather than his hype he would have been skating in the first flight after the short program.

Whatever, he at least landed his jumps tonight. Not many others can say that.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Yes, and Gold for Plushenko obviously. He deserved it, it's just too bad he didn't have any competition tonight. Evan can take pride in the fact that he had the 2nd best LP of the night.

Correction to Jasper: I believe Evan got 3rd in the free skate, behind Jeffrey Buttle. SFan21's opinion of Evan's skating is apparently lower.

kyla2

Final Flight
Slutskayafan21

I think what you are doing on this thread regarding Evan is bashing in its purest form. I also think the moderators need to take a closer look at your comments. If there was ever a candidate for banning, I think it is you. Congratulations to all the medalists and thank you to the rest for putting in the hours and for trying your best.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
kyla2 said:
I think what you are doing on this thread regarding Evan is bashing in its purest form. I also think the moderators need to take a closer look at your comments. If there was ever a candidate for banning, I think it is you. Congratulations to all the medalists and thank you to the rest for putting in the hours and for trying your best.

Oh please, you call out scoring you think is wrong like Asada`s programs which you had said you consider less mature and polished than the older stars like Slutskaya, Cohen, and Kwan; which I agree with BTW. What I am doing is the same, calling out bad scoring and overscored skaters, and pointing out that a skater cant medal even with overscoring by close to 20 points per competition and bad skates by his rivals is telling.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Maybe there was a computer error with takahashi scores, which will lead to another skating scandle giving us a completely different judging system involving colors instead of numbers
:rofl:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Jasper said:
Whatever, he at least landed his jumps tonight. Not many others can say that.

He outscored Buttle and Lambiel on spins and still lost the LP to Buttle by 2 points, and virtualy tied Lambiel. If that is not proof enough his performance is inferior to both than nothing would be for you. Or perhaps you believe he deserves better spin scores than Buttle and Lambiel. :rofl:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Yes, Jeff was second in the long, and Evan was third.

I'm still dying to know why Takahashi's lutz was considered invalid!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
It's got "non valid element" under Daisuke's marks (Dee's link, NBC). Did he do two triple toes in addition to the attemtped quad? If so, that makes more sense-the double knock for the quad cheat and fall plus the lack of credit for another triple toe. How much comes off for the stumble on the footwork? Also, I noticed two of his spins are level 2, and two level 3, with the final spin only level 1. Seems like the quad and the spins killed him.

Yes, okay, it's definitely the spins as Jeff was credited level 3s and 4s on all spins.

jan

On the Ice
I have a huge issue with what constitutes choreography. Plushenko's program was absolutely awful. His posutre was horrible, his spins not up to par...and no speed!!!Am I the only one who thinks this...Lambiel was also very slow!!!
P.S I was always a fan of Plushenko...but he did not deserve such a huge lead in the PCS .
Oh and his footwork turned in mostly one direction.!!!!!!!!1