I am so nervous about tonight's skate results. | Golden Skate

I am so nervous about tonight's skate results.

Johar

Medalist
I know by the time It comes on TV the results will be available. Right now my heart is torn and my head is swarming with so many thoughts.

I was Sasha to win Gold maybe a tad more than Irina and Shizuka, perhaps so people know she is the real deal and can hold up to pressure. I am afraid if she loses people will make fun of her.

Part of me wants Irina to win Gold because of her age and health issues. And she is a great skater. She has fought long and hard with so many health issues to stay in the sport.

And part of me wants Shizuka to take Gold because she is such a pure, wonderful skater with so much grace. I saw her years ago when she skated to music from Titanic and fell in love with her skating.

Is anybody else torn?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Oh I'm totally feeling you... I have a major event tomorrow but cannot stay away from this board... I hope that whoever wins the gold is nice enough to hire me, since my professional life is totally hurtin' right now! ;)

I am torn for so many different reasons...

The main reason, is that I'm sick that Michelle isn't at the games. I've watched her for so long and have seen her simply beat these four around on the ice and its sad that she won't have her opportunity to shake off her olympic demons and get that medal... But whatever at least I won't be a nervous wreak all evening...

Here are my top four for gold...

1. I want Irina to win because she's such a hardcore athlete and I've watched her come up through the ranks... seeing her & Michelle grow up & fight it out has been a HUGE part of my enjoyment of skating. I was all about seeing them finish 1 & 2 this year (in any order... I really didn't care) Now, with Michelle injured & Irina battling health concerns and both ready to move on, its been difficult (well, as difficult as stressing about sports can truly be ...) So I'm definately rooting for Irina.

2. I want DivaKwara to win... well, because she's the Diva. I love her skating. I her ice goddess look. I love that darn Ina Bauer. She's got the goods. I want her to prove it.

3. I want Fumie to win. I love it when a dark horse wins and I love it when an athlete who's battled demons & injuries comes back & wins it all... Fumie has had both.

4. I want to root for Sasha... for a lot of reasons... she's American. she's always one slip/splat/fall away from perfection. She appears to have grown up a lot in the past year or so. Also, Tuesday was the first time in a long time that she had that spunk back. I don't like her skating, but I know it would be cool for her to win and good for US skating.

Here's wishing that all the ladies do their best and whoever wins, wins.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of being a nervous wreck, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have strict instructions from my boss today (she likes skating too but wants to be spoiler free) to not show any emotion. Don't be upset, don't smile, don't .......don't.

I hope that Sasha does well. Go Sasha!!!!

Dee

Kwan101

Rinkside
I think we're fortunate in a way that all of the top 3 ladies are deserving of the gold and have "paid their dues" with tears and frustration. Just let the judging be fair and I'll have no problem with any of them winning. Well, honestly I'd be less excited for Arakawa just because I don't feel like I "know" her as much as Irina and Sasha. But she's potentially deserving of the gold as well, no doubt.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Speaking of being a nervous wreck, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have strict instructions from my boss today (she likes skating too but wants to be spoiler free) to not show any emotion. Don't be upset, don't smile, don't .......don't.

I hope that Sasha does well. Go Sasha!!!!

Dee

Dee, welcome to my world!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do hope, however, that you are spared the 3rd degree tomorrow about "what were the judges thinking?" and "she shouldn't have won, because i didn't like her dress!"

casual fans are so much fun during the olympics...

flying camel

Medalist
More then anything, I want Sasha to skate well. Otherwise she will be all over the papers."Cohen lets another one slip away".

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm trying so darn hard NOT to check the spoilers, just in case I find myself being horribly upset twice.
I would love to see Fumie move up to the podium, but that would mean Shizuka or Sasha would lose out (because you KNOW that no panel of judges is going to put Irina in 4th place, ever).
I respect Irina's energy and athleticism, and the fact that she can compete at this level while on Prednisone is truly amazing. (I know Prednisone. The side effects are NASTY.) I love her self-confidence. I love the fact that I've lost count of her comebacks because she has more lives than a cat. I like her personality, at least what the networks want us to see of it.
What don't I love about Irina? Her SKATING. What can I say about her artistry? That it's a little better than Plushenko's? That's just not good enough for me when three artistic skaters are in first, third and fourth places, with less than 5 points separating 1-4.
I'll be happy for Irina on a purely personal level if she wins tonight. (If? Man, does hope die hard!) I won't be so happy for the sport of figure skating, though.
All right. Logging off computer, must not check scores...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker

I will not check the spoilers.

machiavelli

Rinkside
I stayed away from spoilers, but it was posted on my front page! (Generic page too)
I guess I'm not too disappointed. I had a favorite and all, but I want more than one person to get the gold in the ladies event! Yes, well life is not fair...