Votes: 16 16.3%
  • 4th or 5th

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • out of top 5

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I personaly think Sasha was given a huge gift. Some agree, some disagree. Vote for where you think she deserved to finish in the end in Turin!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I put her 2nd with the falls, 1st if she hadn't fell (even without 3/3 and even if SA and IS did 3/3s) Her program was the most beautiful. I am now officially a Sasha fan.:bow:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
You forgot to list first. (Imagine that!)
Why would that even be an option? I mean, unless you're Cohen's mother or something I don't think anyone would be so foolish as to think that deservd first place.

dancindiva03 said:
Why would that even be an option? I mean, unless you're Cohen's mother or something I don't think anyone would be so foolish as to think that deservd first place.
That's why you have a poll. To see what people think. Even Sasha's mom has a right to vote.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Given everyone else, I would have placed her second. She had the fall and the hands-down, but the rest of her performance was overall excellent. Irina I couldn't place higher because of the lack of presentation and her poor extention/finish on most moves. Fumie, ditto--she was slow and looked unfinished. Most of the performances were pretty lackluster--the only LP standout was Shizuka.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'd say 5th, too. As far as I'm concerned, the top 5 order should have been:

Arakawa
Slutskaya
Suguri
Rochette
Cohen

The cool thing about the CoP is that we can't just say, oh, I think Fumie "should" have got more points than Sasha did, or Sasha should have won because she skated with fire after the first thirty seconds, or you shouldn't win a medal if you fall down.

Instead, the wuzrobbers will have to be more specific. Do you think that Sasha deserved only a 7.25 instead of a 7.75 for "transitions?" About falls, proper deductions were taken, add up the points -- that's how it worked out.

(The bad side of the CoP -- it produced this blah competition, where nobody on the podium did anything out of the ordinary. Compare that with 1998 where, under the 6.0 system, Michelle skated a lights out 7 triple program. Her only problem -- so did Tara!)

MM

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
The cool thing about the CoP is that we can't just say, oh, I think Fumie "should" have got more points than Sasha did, or Sasha should have won because she skated with fire after the first thirty seconds, or you shouldn't win a medal if you fall down.

Instead, the wuzrobbers will have to be more specific. Do you think that Sasha deserved only a 7.25 instead of a 7.75 for "transitions?" About falls, proper deductions were taken, add up the points -- that's how it worked out.

(The bad side of the CoP -- it produced this blah competition, where nobody on the podium did anything out of the ordinary. Compare that with 1998 where, under the 6.0 system, Michelle skated a lights out 7 triple program. Her only problem -- so did Tara!)

MM

Ok she was overscored in every area given her performance, how is that. :rock:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Sasha should finish 3rd or 4th. It really was a huge gift, to finish 2nd. Irina's skating wasn't great, but still it was good enough for 2nd place. (personaly, no matter what would Irina do, I would give her 1st place, after everything that happened to her.)
If I would be Arakawa, on the victory ceremony I would ask Irina to stand on the podium for 1st place together with me.

Kasey

Medalist
anything_for_skating said:
(personaly, no matter what would Irina do, I would give her 1st place, after everything that happened to her.)
If I would be Arakawa, on the victory ceremony I would ask Irina to stand on the podium for 1st place together with me.

Since when does personal life experiences amount to extra points under CoP? Nina Bates would be a World Champion by now! So, probably, would be Rohene Ward. Why should Arakawa share HER moment, that SHE won and deservedly so, by being the cleanest competitor?

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Hey, I remember one thread where you also showed that you don't like Irina! OK, but calm down....I said I would do that, not Arakawa.
Nina Bates? :rofl:

anniemg

Rinkside
anything_for_skating said:
Sasha should finish 3rd or 4th. It really was a huge gift, to finish 2nd. Irina's skating wasn't great, but still it was good enough for 2nd place. (personaly, no matter what would Irina do, I would give her 1st place, after everything that happened to her.)

Why would you give her 1st place after everything that happened to her? You'd never be a judge to give a place if you were judging with this kind of criteria. The judge's subjectivity is one of the things that makes the sport lose credibility, and I'd like to think that there aren't any judges that have the same opinion as you.

Kasey

Medalist
Whether I "like" Irina or not doesn't change the fact that personal experience and heartbreak means NOTHING in the judging of figure skating. And I have no clue what kind of skater Bates is, but have looked at her website....her personal tragedies could b*tchslap most skaters upside the head multiple times! :)

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
With the current COP everyone placed exactly where they should have. And even in the old COP skaters have fallen and medalled at the Games. Sasha had the best presentation of anyone in both the SP and LP and I would have had her even further ahead after the SP.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :disagree: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp:

I didn't say that judges should do that, but really, don't you think Irina deserves gold? She was sick, she even couldn't walk, she came back and still id the best. And don't forget that everything this happened after that robbery at SLC 2002!!!