(Video)96 Karen Kwan, John Zimmerman, Nicole Bobek | Page 2 | Golden Skate

(Video)96 Karen Kwan, John Zimmerman, Nicole Bobek

bronxgirl

Medalist
IDLERACER said:
Speaking of 14 year olds, HERE is the earliest known footage of Sasha Cohen in existnece.

If she had only been able to maintain that confidence and fire through her long programs of the last few years, who knows what heights she might have achieved.

Sarah M. I hope you are not thinking my post was a put down of Sasha. What I was exlcaiming that to me, the teenboppers have less fear than the older girls (or boys) have. They have nothing to lose, not even the loss of mother's love. Sasha fitted into that mode for several years. But she's over 20 and has yet to put down 2 clean routines. It's been 6 years not counting the year off for injury. Still she puts down 1 brilliantly every international competition. She's overdue now for the win and I believe the coming season may be a bit more tougher than last year, in particular. Sasha has two Ladies (I should say girls) that if they hit, they will out technical her, and we know how judges enjoy little girls flaunting their technical (think Tara in Nagano)

One can not use Shizuka as a contra argument because there were no top ranked teenyboppers in the mix except Emily, unless you think she was all that important for gold.

We do not know if Mao and Yu na will maintain their youthful exhuberance nor how Kimmie will come back for a repeat. It'll be a verrrrry interrrrresting season comin up, and if Sasha skates, she will be in the top mix. JMO.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
One can not use Shizuka as a contra argument because there were no top ranked teenyboppers in the mix except Emily, unless you think she was all that important for gold.
Joe

What about Meissner? What about Gedevanishvili? Ok so they didn't deliver in Torino but they were the teenyboppers that were being hyped and that are being hyped for the next quadrennial...and Meissner did go on to win worlds.

I understand that Kim and Asada are being touted as the next gold and silver medalists but there were teenyboppers in Torino, but like nearly everyone else there, they didn't deliver.

Ant

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks Idle-I just viewed Sasha's video from 1999. What a wonderful performance. It is too bad that she developed "nerve issues" as she got older. With that amount of talent she should have been unbeatable.