Buttle a question mark for Skate Canada | Golden Skate

Buttle a question mark for Skate Canada

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Not a good news guys...

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061012.wsptskate12/GSStory/GlobeSportsOther/home

Olympic bronze medalist Jeffrey Buttle has officially pulled out of the Kurt Browning Gotta Skate show in Toronto Friday night and his participation at Skate Canada in two weeks is a question mark.

The 24-year-old skater from Sudbury, Ont., underwent an MRI in Toronto Wednesday to determine if a stress fracture in his back that he incurred during the summer had healed. His back began hurting him again last Friday during training.

Buttle said yesterday he is waiting to hear from doctors how the MRI he had yesterday compares to one he had eight weeks ago when he was first treated before he knows whether or not he can compete at Skate Canada in Victoria, B.C. from Nov. 2 to 5.

Buttle is scheduled to compete against two-time world champion Stéphane Lambiel of Switzerland and U.S. champion Johnny Weir as well as Daisuke Takahashi of Japan at the international event.

dfj

On the Ice
No Eman, no Buttle at Skate Canada. :disapp: :disapp:

At least I don't have to watch the men's free skate from behind the chesterfield!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Please say it isn't so!!!! No Jeff - I can't stand it. No Emaneul as well? What is happening to Team Canada!!!!!!

moi

Rinkside
no emanual?

what? is emanual sanshu out for the season? or just not competing at skate canada? that would be terrible