Pairs Short Program | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
I mean to post after each team but forgot for the 1st group. I will try and remember for the other 2 groups.

Music notes are from the ISU bio’s - so am not sure if they’re right. Skaters are in start order. Any jumps, etc are what I see as it happens, so there’s bound to be some mistakes at times and I’ll miss the odd thing but hopefully not too much

Miller / Moram - music Black Magic Woman by Santana - both in black
Right down the ice for sbs 3t he doubled and she fell / 3tw was short rot and crashy / very nice thr 3l I think or maybe a sal - saw take-off but can’t remember - was discussing whether the twist was a 2 or 3 - rules must have changed theyused to only be able to do doubles in the short / sbs spins we good - pos matched and pretty much in sync the whole time / nice back hand to hand lift with her laying on her back and forward exit / ok bods / nice pair spin to end / this is good music for them - too bad it was skated to it’s potential / T 25.50 C 20.08 Ded 1.00 Tot 44.58

Putnam / Wirtz - cream with red poka dots & her top has a corest effect in red / Sing, sing, sing - same as last year / some fun chor to start - this is a great program for them hope they can skate it well / 3tw is low and a little crashy and prob a bit short rot / great sbs 3s perfect timing / and some fun chor / hand to hand lift to one hand / some more fun chor / thr 3s with a turn out but she stayed on one foot / bods is timed right with the music - ok one / sbs flycam sit open leg change - great sync until the last couple of revs / spirals get slow but stay on one foot and he changes direction without losing pos / pair spin travels a bit and gets a little slow but some good pos / quite a good skate - probably the best I’ve seen them skate this program / T 29.82 C 24.00 Tot 53.82 currently 1st

Inoue / Baldwin - him in red velvet vest black pants her in mostly a pretty yellow with black curving band
Music - the soul of spain / very lively music to start and a bit of chor / sbs 2a bit far apart but nice & clean / setting up for thr 3a step out but I think fully rot / spirals something happened and he fell out of it and had a hand down near the start / 2tw is clean with her arms overhead but very low / sbs spins are in sync with matching positions / hand to hand lift is very good - covers lots of ice with good speed / bods with change of hand - same as at practise it gets very slow at the end and has a very awkward exit / pair spin to end is good / T 30.68 C 24.52 Tot 55.20 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
Moyle / Seitz - both in black with white & silver Music - Greig piano concerto in A minor / nice opening moves into back hand to hand lift to one hand one hand setdown - great ice coverage - he moves very welll / sbs 2a nice sync & close together - even though they both were very ragged going into it / music has picked up / 2tw isn’t really high but high enough and catch with hands over head / thr 3l very bad lean and a 2foot step out / spirals are ok / sbs flycam right on beat of music little out of sync on the change of foot but got it back right away / bods for about 3 revs right into pair spin that has nice positions and keeps up the speed / T 27.02 C 20.36 Tot 46.38 Ded 1.00 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Zhang/Zhang - both in dark red shading to black / Spanish guitar/ huge lateral 3tw with him putting hands to side in between throw and catch / huge thr 3l at least I think it was a loop / sbs 3s are clean and quite close together / lift is very good - sorry I’m getting way behind what they’re doing and am having to try and remember the last element when I’m watching the next / Something happened when I was writing that last bit and now I can’t remember. Sbs spins were very good in sync / spirals are good - nice extension by both and it matched / pair spin to end the program / they’ve really developed from just having the tricks - I really enjoyed this program / partial standing O / T 39.42 C 30.12 Tot 69.54 beat previous PB by about 4 or 5 points

Rosaleen

Medalist
Pylkina / Hogner - her in purple catsuit with shreds for skirt him in matching top / start with spirals that in spite of big size difference match very well / high lateral 2tw nicely done / sbs 3s she fell / thr 3s foot down and step out / sbs spins are ok quite good sysnce except for at the very end / hand to hand lift covers lots of ice - he moves very well and she has a nice air pos / bods is very good once down - not quite sure about the her getting down / the apir spin is good - but it’s the one part of the program where the size difference is really accented T 26.90 C 21.12 ded 1.00 Tot 47.02 Currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Spassova / Todorov - her in very shiny white-pink with silver cross on chest him in black with too many hanging bits from his arms - music Sentenced Souls (Bulgarian movie soundtrack nice opening moves / nice clean airy 2tw / they’re relating well to the music / thr 3s she landed on her stomach / sbs 3s definitely she doubled not sure about him but think he did too / bods is nice / sbs spins sync is quite good and pos matched / back hand to hand lift her bum is in the air and legs kind of just hanging there - not a pretty look / spirals don’t always have matching leg lines / pair spin ended after the music but not a bad spin T 21.72 C 18.36 ded 1.00 Tot 39.08 currently 7th

Rosaleen

Medalist
Marcoux / Buntin - him in black semi-sheer shirt her in white - Music Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom white / this is a good style for them / right down for sbs 3t - Craig fell - he had it too and slid off the edge / nice airy 2 tw with her arms overhead / spirals are good with very nice match in leg - get a little too slow at the end though / a bit of chor / sbs flycam sit start the spins - very good until just at the end / right into pair spin that is nice with changes of pos right with the music / hand to hand lift is very good but again (like in practise) her left leg droops compared to the right and it’s very noticeable / spread eagle move into thro 3l I think or was it a sal - I saw it but can’t remember now / into bods into closing pose / T 32.46 C 26.86 ded 1.0 tot 58.14 currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Vise / Trent - her in fluorescent lime greem him in black - some nice chor to start / down this end for the twist - nice & clean 2tw - not specatular but nice / sbs 3t think he singled she was clean / thr 3l is very nice / bods with about 4 rev and change of hand - very slow getting out of it / very unusual entrance to lift with where she does a back & forth shoot duck between his legs and he swings her up - it looks really awkward but is a good lift once up / sbs spins going in opposite directlons is pretty much in sync / she had a problem with one of the transitions in the pair spin. There were some awkward things in the program, but I really like the look of this team and I’d like to see more of them T 28.30 C 21.20 tot 49.50 new pb currently 5th

hongligl

Final Flight
wow, Zhang/Zhang's program was really good. I guess S/Z need to watch out. Personally I hope S/Z to win this year, and I still think S/Z is better. But Zhang/Zhang's program is a tough one to beat. Nice costumes, too. The girl has developed a killer figure. Nice to see the continuing improvement of Zhang/Zhang. But I still want S/Z to win. Hopefully S/Z will skate even better.