Worlds reports - intro | Golden Skate

Worlds reports - intro

Rosaleen

Medalist
Hi Everyone,

I'm here in Tokyo and after a bit of confusion, have got it organized to have internet access from the 'press tribune' in the arena so there'll be live play-by-play posted after each skater.

Just so you know my prespective on the rink. The media seats are at one end of the rink with the judges' side to the left (as you face the ice). Closest to the ice are ESPN, FUJI TV & CBC each with big booths with ESPN closest to the judges side of the rink and CBC on the other with FUJI in the middle. Then comes two levels of TV commentary positions then 2 levels for 'writing press'. I'm in the 1st level of the writing press closer to the judges side. The Kiss & Cry is on my left on the judges side of the rink close to the corner.

Please remember that the play-by-play forum reports are copyright Golden Skate and ARE NOT to be copied & pasted onto other sites/mailing lists/reports, however you're welcome to link to the threads from other sites.

Feel free to ask questions and post comments in the reports threads while the event is running and I'll try and answer them during the warm-ups and zamboni breaks.

See you in a few hours for the CD.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
thanks a lot

can u recount some impressions of practice sessions? especially pairs and dancing, there's almost no report on those two disciplines.

Rosaleen

Medalist
I haven't seen a lot of practises, just in bits & pieces - busy getting organized and such - and I wasn't taking notes. I'm off to get some breakfast (it's 7:30am Tues here right now) and then head to the rink. I'll try and collect some thoughts and if I get time before the CD's start, I'll post some of my impressions.

R.D.

Record Breaker
we appreciate the PBP greatly, thanks much for the hard work :agree:

michaela77

Rinkside
i am looking forward to reading your impressions during practice and reports as the competition begins. good luck!

nymkfan51

Medalist
As always, Rosaleen, we thank you for your hard work and really appreciate your efforts here! :clap:

Let the games begin!!!

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I really enjoy your posts as well. I am psyched for this competition. Thank you so very much for your hard work.

emma

Record Breaker
I am so excited about this competition - and Rosaleen knowing you are there and sharing info with us makes it sooooo much better!!! Thanks a million for all of your hard work!!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
any pbp is appreciated Rosaleen! Thanks so much for doing this! :)

can't wait to read about the CDs tonight! :love:

Cal Girl

Rinkside
You get the "Hero" award, Rosaleen.
Thank You SOOOOO Much!
Cannot wait for the Men to Compete!

Rosaleen, be sure to get plenty of vitamins, sushi, sake and Japanese cream puffs (talk to Heyang) to make it through this nail-biting week. Thanks!!!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes Rosaleen go for the pastries. I lived there for a year and feasted on them.

And thank you so much in advance for your excellent reporting. We are so lucky to have you at this board.

amr927

Rinkside
Thanks so much for doing this, Rosaleen! I always look forward to your reports and we all appreciate the time you take to do them. :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Turning into the "Thanks Rosaleen thread.":laugh: As well it should, much thanks!:agree:

I think a "jealous of Rosaleen" thread could be started,:laugh: I bet there are a lot here that wish they could be rink side with you / her. But having you there Rosaleen, is the next best thing.
:)

If you want or have time or wondering (as I am sure there are plenty of people there with good ideas) look for a recommended a Shabushabu / Sukiyaki restaurant, it is fun and you dictate. Although shimofuri (beef) might be at a premium price....Tajima-ushi / Wagyu rased might be out of most peoples reach????? But if you have the money....but the experience is always nice.
Don't forget to use the hashioko ;) and happy mayoibashi,;) I am sure there will be plenty of neburibashi.:yes: Kanpai!

You might already know, but room temp or cold Sake are a purer brew. Warm is good but normally used to "mellow" the impurities. Also the less expensive. Also if you come across Soju (it was somewhat gaining popularity in Jappan) try it, no hangover and a different "buzz." It will mix with ANYTHING.:yes:

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I think a "jealous of Rosaleen" thread could be started,:laugh: I bet there are a lot here that wish they could be rink side with you / her. But having you there Rosaleen, is the next best thing.
:)

Count me in on the "jealous" thread! And thanks for all your reports, Rosaleen - until '09, this is the closest I'm going to get to being at Worlds, too!
xoxo
Rave