Youtube - Saving files to PC | Golden Skate

Youtube - Saving files to PC

R.D.

Record Breaker
If you use FireFox as your browser, I STRONGLY recommend the "Video Downloader" and "DownloadHelper" extensions. The latter actually tracks down the Flash video file (extension, .flv) and makes it a clickable, downloable file. :agree:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RD, sorry if this goes off topic sota' but has anyone been checking out the Stage 6 site? I was perusing it for a while and finally decided to join even prior to getting some new "converters" to share there. The resolution alone is wonderful in most cases but does require a "quality" processor. Anyhoo, going to have to reconvert all the vids under seenbuzzard on YT and get them over to Stage 6.;) Most that I have seen on the site are "right click" and choose where you want to save them. So easy I wonder how long before somebody cracks down on them. I mean right click and I have a 1280x720 of Fumie's Exsabition to "The Girl from Ipanema":love: :love: :love: (btw, a suggestion I made a while back here on GS - toot toot seanibu ;)) be still my beating heart - does it get any better than that.:clap: :clap: :clap:

eta, note there is no question mark at the end of that last sentence.;)

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I used the following site a couple times and it worked alright:

http://vixy.net/

You input the URL and it turns it into a clickable link which you can then download. I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know the requirements, etc. I just know it worked for me the few times I tried it. :biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
SB- checked out the Stage 6 (Divx) site and the quality is loads better than YT. hopefully that is the future of online video.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SB- checked out the Stage 6 (Divx) site and the quality is loads better than YT. hopefully that is the future of online video.

:agree: In some cases it is not even comparable to YT. It is enhanced by the fact you can either watch the vid and right click to save it or as soon as it comes up there is a download video button and you can watch it straight off your desktop instead of via a browser or wait for buffering. If you have to wait for buffering then what is the harm in just downloading and if you don't want it delete? Great direction IMO that it is going. I just hope it stays that way.:agree:

John King

Final Flight
I used the following site a couple times and it worked alright:

http://vixy.net/

You input the URL and it turns it into a clickable link which you can then download. I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know the requirements, etc. I just know it worked for me the few times I tried it. :biggrin:

Two thumbs up,Purplecat! I tried it with Cupcake's 2006 Ice Symphony exhibition number, where she borrowed Navka's Jungle Jane costume, and it works!