2A
3F+3T
LSp4

3Lz (stepout)
FSSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

SP: 68.27 (2nd)

I saw Mao perform this program at the NHK Gala, and her performance was really lovely. It seemed very genuine, and like she was really having fun with the program and the crowd. I think she got a little too excited going into the lutz, but she kept her chin up (literally for the rest of the program). It will be a tight race between her and Jia, and exciting in the free.

aww Mao don't cry, this is what I'm worried about she seems very hard on herself :(

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I like it better with names. Leader often doesn't tell much, depending on who's skating and when.

Although I have been complaining, I do actually think it is a good idea to display the names. Apart from anything else, it would help keep track of where you are in the competition. (Not a problem in a short competition like this, where there are only 6 skaters. But, if there were 40 odd skaters...)

Perhaps the best option would be to have both the name and their status.

Current🇯🇵M. SHIMADA37.02
Leader🇰🇷 J. SHIN38.41

But, that would make the box even wider.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
puss-in-boots-the-last-wish.gif

i guess nerves got to the two favourites

hermine17

Final Flight
I'm still confused by Mao's music in relation to her costume. I keep expecting Pirates of the Caribbean

But I don't know where Americano comes from so :shrug:

I think I heard that the concept of the program is that of a pirate taking money and giving it to the the poor (not 100% sure, though).

As for Americano. . . Maybe Mao is giving money to Americans? Taking money from Americans? Being a famous outlaw in the Americas? Or maybe she's a pirate girl named Americano.😂

In any case I think it's a fun, well-choreographed program.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry I haven't been commenting. Got waylaid talking about the TES Box. :p

But, I have to say, there was a real contrast in music in that segment. Half of it I really liked; the other half I really didn't.

I liked the music used by Kwon, Nakai and Shin. I didn't like the music used by Kim, Uezono and Shimada.

Just as well that the skating was great from all of them, then! Just a shade less than 7 points covering the entire field! :drama:

This is going to be an exciting Free Skate!

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I think I heard that the concept of the program is that of a pirate taking money and giving it to the the poor (not 100% sure, though).

As for Americano. . . Maybe Mao is giving money to Americans? Taking money from Americans? Being a famous outlaw in the Americas? Or maybe she's a pirate girl named Americano.😂

In any case I think it's a fun, well-choreographed program.
The dress reminded me of Leonova's Zorro dress. That would be a better fit.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, then you don't need a tech box. The TES ticker is really there to accompany you during the program. If you only watch at the end, your BFF is the live scoring :) Simple, right.

Yes, you are right there. I protested greatly when the TES Box was first introduced, as I found it distracting. However, I have found the GOE traffic light squares very useful since were added. Plus, the names of the elements being included has been a godsend whenever I have been doing PBP's for my kids. Because I am useless at identifying elements.

But, the problem with the livescoring is that you have to wait a long time after the programme is finished for things to appear. (That is assuming that there is livescoring at all). It is good to have an idea of how the skater got on before the scores are announced.

It would be amazing if they could provide a livescoring page where you could see everything that was going on as it happens. But, that is probably too complex to do.

CaroLiza_fan

Skating91

Medalist
Uezono was really good she has a beautiful, mature style and no errors.

Shimada's jumps and spins are really good but Uezono should be no less for PCS, Shimada's program was interrupted as well so should be less.

Shin deserves to be in the lead (or Uezono). I didn't like Nakai's program she probably should have got a flat edge for the lutz as well. Used her blade on the flip and toe jump. Felt like she was skating to hotel lobby music (this is on the coach not her fault getting this program). I think her getting the same PCS as Rena was not correct.

It will be difficult for Shimada to lose, she hasn't landed a clean quad for the best part of two seasons but against skaters that will have no ultra c and with the huge PCS bump she gets over someone like Uezono it will be very hard to lose. I think Shimada has lost something in her jumps though maybe there has been a growth spurt.