Melissa and Denis in COI | Golden Skate

Melissa and Denis in COI

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
They have been added to the Rochester, Detroit, and Boston :rock:

so go and cheer loud for them for me!!!!!!!!

Ximena

Final Flight
COI should asked them to do the whole tour. I can't believe of all the skaters, the one that get to do two numbers is Irina Gregorian :eek:hwell:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I third that!!!!!! I want to see them TOO!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: I wonder if AEG is just not going to give them the money incentive? Or if it is their own decision? Maybe it is the comments like some here AND elsewhere that people are not going that is limiting the idea there will be the revenue. Well I 'spose that is realistic to forecast based on that. From a finical POV it is sound and makes sense not to lose money or what not. *shrugs*

It would really be best if skating fans just went an showed their support at the very least if they can afford it, have the time, choose to see this instead of 3 movies that are going to be on DVD in 4 months anyway, etc...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bostonskater - I don't know... but one could hope... as long as they also got a solo spot...

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I'm sure they'll be doing the trio with Johnny. He said he was hoping the trio program would push fans to want Mellisa and Denis to be added, which happened because lots of people wrote letters to COI asking for this and on his myspace he said he was, "working on getting them added." I just wish I could see it live :(

nymkfan51

Medalist
They have been added to the Rochester, Detroit, and Boston :rock:

so go and cheer loud for them for me!!!!!!!!

Toni, where did you find this out?
I'm hoping they do so well that they get invited for the following weekend and the Long Island show!!!!

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
If anyone can get them added, it's Mr. Weir :D

Where exactly is this roster posted, by the way? It doesn't seem to be any different on the COI site. :eek:

blackrose050

Rinkside
Awesome! I would imagine that they'll do the trio since it went over so well at Marshalls. I'm very jealous of anyone who gets to see it live.

discoduck

On the Ice
Wait...they have three of the four reigning Olympic gold medalists on tour and Irina Gregorian gets to do two numbers? :scratch: That's odd.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Less than 16 hours until showtime in Detroit. I still have to go to sleep, wake up, and then drive for 4 hours. I better get cracking! Hopefully I will be able to give everybody a little review when I get back.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I was bummed I missed them during Marshalls but I am psyched that I will see them on Sunday in Boston.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Less than 16 hours until showtime in Detroit. I still have to go to sleep, wake up, and then drive for 4 hours. I better get cracking! Hopefully I will be able to give everybody a little review when I get back.

Cheer loud for Melissa and Denis for me! :clap: :clap: :rock: :laugh:

have fun!!!!! can't wait to read your review! :)

Jhar55

Medalist
I never really cared for the hula hoop girl, how she get 2 skates?
New owners I guess.

Irina Grigorian rules!

Maybe they just needed an extra act. I beleive that Grigorian is a year round professional entertainer in Las Vegas, so she can throw in another number at the drop of a hat. It might be in the standard contract that the skaters only have to do one number.

When they have more guest stars, maybe she will only have one slot.

The novelty acts (hula hoop girl, acrobats and Dan Hollander's comedy) are big favorites with the crowd, especially families with small children.

When I was a kid the part I liked the best was when the big shaggy dog split apart and look! -- it was two ice skaters inside! :rock: Now that's entertainment!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
When I was a kid the part I liked the best was when the big shaggy dog split apart and look! -- it was two ice skaters inside! :rock: Now that's entertainment!

that's also why SOI was born... unfortunately they are becoming just as gimmicky as the Ice Capades... amazing what 8 years will do...:no: